Anabolic/Androgenic Numbers

kom01

kom01

Awards
I was just wondering, how does it work? If a steroid has a higher androgenic number does that mean that there are more androgenic sides associated with that compound? Or does it work off a ratio system, i.e 100Anabolic /50 Androgenic has greater androgenic sides than 200Anabolic /50 Androgenic? Thanks

kom01

kom01

Awards
Thanks for the reply Henry. So basically the numbers are a comparison to methl test, however they were derived from tests done to rats as opposed to humans. Basically from what I gathered, it is better for a steroid to be anabolic than androgenic, since if it is more androgenic it is associated with sides such as increased facial hair, deeper voice etc.... Is this correct?

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply Henry. So basically the numbers are a comparison to methl test, however they were derived from tests done to rats as opposed to humans. Basically from what I gathered, it is better for a steroid to be anabolic than androgenic, since if it is more androgenic it is associated with sides such as increased facial hair, deeper voice etc.... Is this correct?
Broadly speaking yes, though some steroids with higher androgenic actions can support sexual function better than steroids with predominantly anabolic actions.

kom01

kom01

Awards
Ok thanks fot the clarrification. BTW I have read many of your post from heaps of forums, big Fan man, your knowledge is great...

Sweekaters

Awards
They don't really mean much. If they did, Epistane would be adding 50lbs of dry muscle to you in a week.