Recovery time while ON cycle

lorden24

Awards
I know the popular word for the routine you follow while on a PH cycle is too just do what works for you..but lets put that aside, when on cycle, we ARE ON STEROIDS, so it would seem like it would only make sense to train more often, and higher volume. Can I get some thoughts on how frequently on can train on cycle, and not over train, because personally I love the idea of hitting a muscle often, going heavy and high sets on each session.

Here is an example routine I would love to follow as long I would gain well from it, tell me what you think.

M - Push
T - Pull
W - Legs
T - Push
F - Pull
S - Legs
S -

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I lift an extra day or two while on. But rest days are important also. 2 a days are what I see as the best, you have the Tes to do it. I would lift 5x a wk with 3 days, 2 a days. But its only going to work if you give the muscle groups enough rest so how you organize things will play a big role too.

I would break things up more: shoulders, arms, back, chest, legs, abs&cardio. But doing lots of the big three lifts is essential.....(dead, squat, bench)

lorden24

Awards
I lift an extra day or two while on. But rest days are important also. 2 a days are what I see as the best, you have the Tes to do it. I would lift 5x a wk with 3 days, 2 a days. But its only going to work if you give the muscle groups enough rest so how you organize things will play a big role too.

I would break things up more: shoulders, arms, back, chest, legs, abs&cardio. But doing lots of the big three lifts is essential.....(dead, squat, bench)
what you mentioned is actually the main thing I'm trying to really find out about, the rest time. I know that in the end, proper rest is what accounts for hypertrophy, obviously you have to have your diet and training in order, but if your not allowing your muscle time to grow then...no growth, duh lol. I'm trying to find out, how much time does one muscle REALLY NEED to recover on cycle. 48hours, 72, a full week?

And what your saying, you think I should do a split rather than group up based on movements?

lorden24

Awards
what you mentioned is actually the main thing I'm trying to really find out about, the rest time. I know that in the end, proper rest is what accounts for hypertrophy, obviously you have to have your diet and training in order, but if your not allowing your muscle time to grow then...no growth, duh lol. I'm trying to find out, how much time does one muscle REALLY NEED to recover on cycle. 48hours, 72, a full week?

And what your saying, you think I should do a split rather than group up based on movements?
For instance, training naturally, 72 hours is usually the bare minimum for rest, and then on splits the person often gives the muscle a full week of recovery. But for an example, on cycle, lets say we hit our chest on Monday, how many hours does it really need to rest, before we can hit again?

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your muscles have a better recovery but your central nervous system will burn out if not conditioned. You can train harder, longer and more often, but watch the cns issue and to stop before that fine line, my suggestion is to not go to failure on every set. For example, every set if you can get 12 reps, stop at 10 and so on.

lorden24

Awards
Your muscles have a better recovery but your central nervous system will burn out if not conditioned. You can train harder, longer and more often, but watch the cns issue and to stop before that fine line, my suggestion is to not go to failure on every set. For example, every set if you can get 12 reps, stop at 10 and so on.
ive heard this before, simply put, don't bite off more than I'm used to right? I've also heard that I can ease my body into things quicker.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ive heard this before, simply put, don't bite off more than I'm used to right?
I actually think you'll be able to do more so go ahead and do more, but dont do so much that you start feeling tired all the time and losing that hunger. Those are signs of over-training. So go ahead and push yourself to do more and enjoy the cycle, you'll have the tools to do it.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I agree with 72hrs for natty training but while on cycle you can push it harder.

When Im on cycle i do chest & arms (back & legs, etc) during one workout, but i dont do as many sets as if i was hitting one muscle group a day for a wk. but you have to assess your own body. chances are its different than mine.

what PH are you running?? whats your plan for the cycle

lorden24

Awards
I actually think you'll be able to do more so go ahead and do more, but dont do so much that you start feeling tired all the time and losing that hunger. Those are signs of over-training. So go ahead and push yourself to do more and enjoy the cycle, you'll have the tools to do it.
I'll play with my frequency, after all, we can only learn from trial and error. I'm just someone who truly LOVES lifting, so the idea of being in the gym nearly everyday is very appealing to me.

lorden24

Awards
I agree with 72hrs for natty training but while on cycle you can push it harder.

When Im on cycle i do chest & arms (back & legs, etc) during one workout, but i dont do as many sets as if i was hitting one muscle group a day for a wk. but you have to assess your own body. chances are its different than mine.

what PH are you running?? whats your plan for the cycle
Halotest 25- 50/75/75/75/75/75

The initial plan is primarily to add as much mass as I can, though I would love to jump in strength too. PCT and ON cycle support is all planned, the only thing confusing me is how to approach my training. As for my natty training, I've found that my pushing muscles grow after 72 hours of rest between, such as this, hit my chest delts and tris on Monday, then plan to hit them on Friday, on Thursday night, this happens every time, I can feel, and see that my chest has grown. as for pushing, im gifted with them, and 48 hours is all I need to feel and see the growth. it this that is really making my head spin of how I should train when I run my Halotest.

lorden24

Awards
Halotest 25- 50/75/75/75/75/75

The initial plan is primarily to add as much mass as I can, though I would love to jump in strength too. PCT and ON cycle support is all planned, the only thing confusing me is how to approach my training. As for my natty training, I've found that my pushing muscles grow after 72 hours of rest between, such as this, hit my chest delts and tris on Monday, then plan to hit them on Friday, on Thursday night, this happens every time, I can feel, and see that my chest has grown. as for pushing, im gifted with them, and 48 hours is all I need to feel and see the growth. it this that is really making my head spin of how I should train when I run my Halotest.
perhaps I should just continue with my current routine, and just increase the sets, throw in some new exercises too?

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
you always want to change up your training schedule.

lorden24

Awards
you always want to change up your training schedule.
hey gymrat you've helped me out before, and you seem to be a bit of anabolic vet, could you help me out with this more? currently what I do is this, 48 hours of rest in between workouts for pulling muscles, 72 for pushing, and 96 for legs. that said, what would you think i should switch to on cycle?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
tbh, the rate and percentage to which you recover is going to be dicated more by your diet and sleep pattern than it is by the gear you are taking.

At least this has been my personal experience

lorden24

Awards
tbh, the rate and percentage to which you recover is going to be dicated more by your diet and sleep pattern than it is by the gear you are taking.

At least this has been my personal experience
soo..saying im on top of my diet (i always am) and when on cycle i will make bodybuilding my full time job, meaning i will go to bed and get 8 hours in each night im on, where do you think that puts me in terms of how frequently i should train?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
honestly I don't know bro. I know for me personally I know my limit ON and off, and they are exactly the same.

lorden24

Awards
honestly I don't know bro. I know for me personally I know my limit ON and off, and they are exactly the same.
maybe I'm misinterpreting what it means that you recover faster ON. I think I've taken this is and thought that it means one needs less rest time, but maybe it just means the muscle still needs the same amount of rest, just can be worked out harder, hence the fact that I hear keep your routine more or less the same often, just add more volume.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
maybe I'm misinterpreting what it means that you recover faster ON. I think I've taken this is and thought that it means one needs less rest time, but maybe it just means the muscle still needs the same amount of rest, just can be worked out harder, hence the fact that I hear keep your routine more or less the same often, just add more volume.

A LOT goes into training, and overtraining. More specifically your CNS also plays a huge role in your training. You tax your CNS everytime you train, and while AAS does exhibits its anabolic effects on your muscles, it has no effect on your CNS.

I train extremely hard anyways, however my body is not physically able to train any more frequently when i am ON than when I am off without feeling the effects of overtraining.

lorden24

Awards
A LOT goes into training, and overtraining. More specifically your CNS also plays a huge role in your training. You tax your CNS everytime you train, and while AAS does exhibits its anabolic effects on your muscles, it has no effect on your CNS.

I train extremely hard anyways, however my body is not physically able to train any more frequently when i am ON than when I am off without feeling the effects of overtraining.
great point man. I think I'm not gonna worry about the frequency, I train everything twice and hard in a week. I'll keep it like this on cycle to allow my CNS it's time to relax to. Think the only thing I'm gonna do is add more volume to my sessions.