low dose cycles are where its at!!

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Something I've noticed in the past 10 yrs of bodybuilding and steroids. Almost every recommended dosage for drugs nowadays is much more than what it was in the past. When I first begin using steroids 15-25 mg/day of dbol was usually the recommended amount to take, now seems like 25/day is considered low. I see people advocating 80-100mg/day sometimes. 40-60mg tren eod was the norm, now is 75 mg eod but many are running 75-100mg ed. 500mg test/wk is now a beginner dosage, used to be like 300 mg/wk. But now people talk like something lower dosed such as 200 mg/wk deca will do NOTHING. They couldn't be more wrong. I gained almost 20 lbs off 1 bottle of test my first cycle, old school tapered dosage but it worked!! Well, like most everyone else I went with the flow of things and decided that if I wanted to be really big I needed at least a gram/wk of test. I've even ran a gram/wk of EQ before. You know what I got out of it? Not **** that 600mg/wk would give me, and when I backed it down to 400mg/wk I got pretty much the same thing as 600mg/wk but I felt better. I recently ran 600mg/wk of tren e, WAY TOO ****ING MUCH!! I started feeling so bad that I backed it down to 300/wk, and then realized 600/wk really didnt give me anything that 300mg/wk did, but I felt a whole lot better when I lowered the dosage. 500mg/wk test is a beginner dosage I guess, but after 10 yrs I feel my best and strongest at 500/wk. I know some people can handle higher dosages, but I've come to the conclusion that this is a system of diminishing returns. I believe the closer you can keep to your bodies normal chemical processes the more efficient that cycle will be for 80-90% of people. I will never go over 1 gram/wk total anymore, on all compounds combined in any cycle. Just not worth it to me. Maybe someone feels different on this, I probably have some **** coming my way for this post but just my own observations with my personal gear use

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
One thing I've noticed is the recommendation for Anavar going from 50-60mg to 80-100mg by many people. I guess it just comes down to the user being able to tolerate the side effects of higher doses. Also, Tren is something you gotta be careful with. Too many people underestimate its side effects. I personally haven't what I'd consider crippling side effects from it but I do like it much better at 100mg EOD than 50mg EOD for Ace.

I wonder how much of this has to do with people following the advice of "gurus" (a term that is loosely used these days IMO) ? You got guys trying to take doses like pros thinking it will take them to next level when they fail to recognize or admit that they don't have the genetics to go past the local level, I've seen this with many bros in my area. I was talking to a kid (18-21) who did the San Francisco show and he said he was on nearly 3 grams of hormones a week plus 5 IU's of GH 5 on/2 off. The guy was ripped but he weighed between 190-200 at 5'9''-5'10''. He didn't need all that IMO.

mball52

Awards
  • Established
i agree with you. low dose cycles may not produce as extreme of results, but i promise that your organs will thank you later.