Anabolics, lifting frequency and intensity?

lorden24

Awards
When on cycle, what is the best way to lift and how long do you need to rest each muscle before hitting it again? It would seem like higher volume, and more frequently would be the best. The biggest thing I'm curios about is how frequently can one train, since you will truly be recovering quicker. I've heard it's basically OK to over train on cycle.

lorden24

Awards
When on cycle, what is the best way to lift and how long do you need to rest each muscle before hitting it again? It would seem like higher volume, and more frequently would be the best. The biggest thing I'm curios about is how frequently can one train, since you will truly be recovering quicker. I've heard it's basically OK to over train on cycle.
Anyone have any opinions on this?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depends on your goals. Regardless, high intensity and volume training is the way to go, lifting as heavy as you can with resistance work.

You wouldn't be overtraining on-cycle - more like overREACHING (yes, there is a difference between the two, and many people use the terms interchangeably when they shouldn't).

I still recommend taking at least ONE complete day OFF all training - if not all training, at least one day off from resistance work, to allow for recovery, since your body still needs to recover on-cycle. How many days you lift would depend on what you are used to - for example, if you usually train 5-6 days with weights, then it's fine to continue doing so, but if you usually only do ~3 days, jumping to 5-6 days could be pushing it. Based on that, 4-5 resistance training sessions a week would be my recommendation, depending on what training programme you are following (if you are following one) and how your training is structured.

~Rosie~

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Theres no simple answer as there are so many anabolics + combinations of them, different doses, etc. As well as the fact that regardless of steroids, a lot of your capability to work out comes from your central nervous system, and a lot of recovery comes from your growth hormone levels so there isn't just 1 answer.

lorden24

Awards
Theres no simple answer as there are so many anabolics + combinations of them, different doses, etc. As well as the fact that regardless of steroids, a lot of your capability to work out comes from your central nervous system, and a lot of recovery comes from your growth hormone levels so there isn't just 1 answer.
good point dude. but as far as an average, what do you think would be the amount of time each muscle needs to recover, just on average, for instance, if you train naturally, 72 hours is usually the lowest amount of time allowed for recovery, would it be shortens to something like 48 hours on a cycle, even training crazy high volume?

lorden24

Awards
Depends on your goals. Regardless, high intensity and volume training is the way to go, lifting as heavy as you can with resistance work.

You wouldn't be overtraining on-cycle - more like overREACHING (yes, there is a difference between the two, and many people use the terms interchangeably when they shouldn't).

I still recommend taking at least ONE complete day OFF all training - if not all training, at least one day off from resistance work, to allow for recovery, since your body still needs to recover on-cycle. How many days you lift would depend on what you are used to - for example, if you usually train 5-6 days with weights, then it's fine to continue doing so, but if you usually only do ~3 days, jumping to 5-6 days could be pushing it. Based on that, 4-5 resistance training sessions a week would be my recommendation, depending on what training programme you are following (if you are following one) and how your training is structured.

~Rosie~
so, only 24 hours of rest per muscle you say? thats crazy :D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good point dude. but as far as an average, what do you think would be the amount of time each muscle needs to recover, just on average, for instance, if you train naturally, 72 hours is usually the lowest amount of time allowed for recovery, would it be shortens to something like 48 hours on a cycle, even training crazy high volume?
It depends on the individual and their training history, etc. 48-72 hours is the general recommendation for time between training the same muscle group, but like I said, it depends on the individual, and I personally do only ~24 hours (if that) sometimes with training the same muscles, and I do high intensity and high volume training without using hormonals. Honestly, it's up to you, how well you know your body, how long it takes to recover and what you know you can get away with, etc.

Not necessarily. It would only be 24 hours of rest if you trained Full-Body sessions 5-6 days a week - not something I recommend for anyone who is not used to that kind of training (even I don't do that, although I pretty much train my entire body ~4 times a week). If you're training 5-6 days a week, then you're generally going to be using body-part splits. Seriously, train the way you know you are going to get the most progress and the best response from your body re your goals, etc.

~Rosie~

lorden24

Awards

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Anabolics help you recover quicker and allow you to work harder. and "overtraining" while on-cycle has a different threshold from "overtraining" while off-cycle.

However, anabolics DO NOT affect your connective tissue or your CNS (CNS effect is debatable though).

That being said, even if you can jump from curling 30lbs to 60lbs in a week, you have a high chance of tearing something since your connective tissue isn't up to par.

Best way is to take a look at your previous non-assisted (natty) training logs and progression. then you can easily ramp that up a bit, as well as add in a few more exercises to fatigue the muscle group more. (ie, that one extra set of pullups, flys, calf raises, etc.). Only with time and more cycles under your belt will you be able to tell how well your connective tissue and CNS can keep up with your increased muscle recovery and strength increase rates.

Better safe than sorry... wouldn't want to tear a ligament on your first cycle.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
on what anabolic at what dose though? Some did nothing for me recovery wise, and mostly allowed me to make faster strength gains. Some even limited endurance, so it was harder to do high volume. And some made recovery fantastic at a high enough dose. I never saw a huge value in shifting your volume or training all that much on cycle. maybe if you were doing 3 sets of 8-10 moving to 3 sets of 12-15, or 4 sets of 8-10.

Remember anabolics don't magically give you extra sleep, or extra growth hormone, so most don't enhance recovery as much as you think. Max LMG is one of the exceptions, ridiculously high dosed testosterone is another, and deca run pretty high (600mg or higher) also helps.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did, Idk why it double posted me. But it seems that you would lift as you would normally, just up the volume and intensity?
No worries :)

It depends on what your "lifting normally" is. I say use high intensity and volume, but if your body cannot handle that, then you need to consider what it CAN handle.

If you have to ask about this and have not already planned it all out for your goals and needs, then you're not ready yet to consider running a hormonal cycle IMO, but that's just me.

~Rosie~

lorden24

Awards
No worries :)

It depends on what your "lifting normally" is. I say use high intensity and volume, but if your body cannot handle that, then you need to consider what it CAN handle.

If you have to ask about this and have not already planned it all out for your goals and needs, then you're not ready yet to consider running a hormonal cycle IMO, but that's just me.

~Rosie~
its for that reason that before I put steorids in to my body im sure of what im doing. I've really tried to do the research on my own but i swear, EVERY place i go to do the research is different as it can be. to anyone looking if it helps, heres what i have planned

Halotest-25: 50/50/75/75/75/100

Normally I do about 12 sets per body part, 3-4 sets per exercise, and 8-12 reps per set, but on the PH i was thinking more like, 30 sets for big muscles, and 15-20 for smaller ones? keep the reps the same though

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its for that reason that before I put steorids in to my body im sure of what im doing. I've really tried to do the research on my own but i swear, EVERY place i go to do the research is different as it can be. to anyone looking if it helps, heres what i have planned

Halotest-25: 50/50/75/75/75/100

Normally I do about 12 sets per body part, 3-4 sets per exercise, and 8-12 reps per set, but on the PH i was thinking more like, 30 sets for big muscles, and 15-20 for smaller ones? keep the reps the same though
That's more than doubling your normal volume - I would recommend progressing up to that unless you're used to training like that, but that's just my opinino.

As for your cycle, I'll leave that to the hormonal uses to help you with.

~Rosie~

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm guessing you are looking just for size and not much strength gains then. Still, I'd have to say there's no way you can make that much of a jump in volume with any anabolic at any dose. Unless you have been working out with weights that haven't been stressing you at all.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
honestly just lift heavy and eat and sleep.

do what your doing already just push some heavier weights

lorden24

Awards
I'm guessing you are looking just for size and not much strength gains then. Still, I'd have to say there's no way you can make that much of a jump in volume with any anabolic at any dose. Unless you have been working out with weights that haven't been stressing you at all.
yea mainly size, but i would love to jump up in strength a bit as well. but i agree with you, i cant even imagine bumping my volume up two times as much as im doing now would be easy at all, id be dead by the 14th set i bet.

lorden24

Awards
what im mainly interested in is increasing my weekly volume, which directly goes into how much rest i give a muscle before working it again. if i would benefit from this i would love to increase the total workouts. i normally give each muscle 72 hours of rest between workouts, meaning if i hit my chest monday, friday is when i work it again.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
I increased my sets ( volume) but not weight, and made great gains. I was 135 pounds soaking wet and went to 165+. So, I say the key is volume. But, everyone is different as you already know.

Peace

lorden24

Awards
I increased my sets ( volume) but not weight, and made great gains. I was 135 pounds soaking wet and went to 165+. So, I say the key is volume. But, everyone is different as you already know.

Peace
dang man, that off one cycle?