Estrogren and muscle growth

Dahollow

Awards
Hello,

I've been reading many different opinions on the role estrogen could or could not play in muscle growth.

People on a cycle (eg Test) many times use an AI to prevent bloating and gyno.

Many times I read that your body needs the extra estrogen to improve your gains.

Now is my question:

Are the above mentioned gains mainly water retention (due to estrogen) and thus not real lean muscle mass?

Is there any scientific evidence (meaning not the typical bro-science) stating the importance of estrogen in muscle growth during a cycle?

I for one, do not see the point in gaining 15-20lbs and losing half because it was plain water retention.

Your opinions and if possible scientific literature?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
It depends on the individual. I personally would rather take Nolva through the cycle. It doesn't make a huge difference in growth for me. I don't always use AI's though, just Nolva during the cycle.

People who claim estrogen is good for growth say it plays a role in IGF-1 and HGH release in the body and glucose utilization.

I say if you're prone OR concerned about gyno then take a SERM or an AI.

Dahollow

Awards
personally i think reducing e too much can hinder growth IT when the e is in excess and causes problems such as gyno , that it becomes an issue.

have a read of this written by william
Thx! Very interesting!

Dahollow

Awards
It depends on the individual. I personally would rather take Nolva through the cycle. It doesn't make a huge difference in growth for me. I don't always use AI's though, just Nolva during the cycle.

People who claim estrogen is good for growth say it plays a role in IGF-1 and HGH release in the body and glucose utilization.

You are right. The slightly less gains do not weigh up against le bitch tits. I'll keep using my AI.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established

yes but nolva decreases igf so its a double edged sword... also in a cycle with orals thats added stress on the liver