OMG, back pumps...

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
...suck.

So on my first cycle of MDrol last year, I did 10/20/20, took all support supps, and I also dosed about 3g of taurine ED. I had very little sides, just thirst and slight lethargy.

This time around, I decided to only take the taurine if I needed it. Yesterday was the start of my 3rd week, and WOW, I had to rest 15 min after my 5x5 of squats due to the crazy lower back pumps before I could finish up my 5x5 of deads.

Funny thing is, why would it only show up in week 3, and not earlier?

AwfullyAmazin

Awards
...suck.

So on my first cycle of MDrol last year, I did 10/20/20, took all support supps, and I also dosed about 3g of taurine ED. I had very little sides, just thirst and slight lethargy.

This time around, I decided to only take the taurine if I needed it. Yesterday was the start of my 3rd week, and WOW, I had to rest 15 min after my 5x5 of squats due to the crazy lower back pumps before I could finish up my 5x5 of deads.

Funny thing is, why would it only show up in week 3, and not earlier?
It's more saturated in the blood stream? That's the only logical explination for me. Maybe someone else can chime in though.

I never had a single back pump on M-Drol and I ran it @ 20/20/20/20/30.

jason1000

jason1000

Awards
  • Established
What has your diet been like the past few days? If you had a lot of sodium and carbs that always seemed to make the pumps all that much intence for me.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ya it's usually when I bump it to 30mg(which usually in weeks 3 & 4) that I'll get them. Usually don't though. And I just work through the pain. Problem I really have is the calf pumps during cardio on SD. My god like 10mins in they're screaming for me to stop but it doesn't stop me, Beast keeps going :D

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
It's more saturated in the blood stream? That's the only logical explination for me. Maybe someone else can chime in though.

I never had a single back pump on M-Drol and I ran it @ 20/20/20/20/30.
5 wks on Mdrol? ??!!?? that's crazy! I thought most people would run it 3-4 wks.

As for me, I'm doing 4 wks this time around, 10/20/20/20. I don't think I'll need to bump up to 30.

AwfullyAmazin

Awards
5 wks on Mdrol? ??!!?? that's crazy! I thought most people would run it 3-4 wks.

As for me, I'm doing 4 wks this time around, 10/20/20/20. I don't think I'll need to bump up to 30.
Yeah, I don't believe in the same things others believe. Bloodwork says I'm fine, so clearly I'm in the clear, lol. Just test your limits slowly, go by feel.

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I don't believe in the same things others believe. Bloodwork says I'm fine, so clearly I'm in the clear, lol. Just test your limits slowly, go by feel.
You gains never leveled off? I'm going 4wks this time because I felt that a 3-wk cycle was too short, and my gains were still progressing at wk3 in my last cycle. wk 4 of my last cycle and my lifts were almost exactly the same, with only last set/rep being more of a struggle. Therefore this time I'm going for 4wks. I don't know if i'd ever go past 4 wks though. But hey, if it worked for you, good for you. :)