Hdrol sorting out conflicting info

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
I've been researching what is all need for an hdrol cycle and have found conflicting info on a lot of stuff. So I thought i'd make a thread and sort this out for my benefit and for anyone else wondering. Will post the final conclusions on my blog :D

Hdrol needs support supps because it's methylated, but to what degree? Some logs have people using only milkthistle preloaded for 2 weeks and upped on cycle. Others used fish oil, cycle assist, milkthistle, hawthorne berry, and joint support. How much is enough and how much is overkill?. For a 6 week cycle the opinions on varied boards are so varied.

For a 6 week hdrol cycle people can go with a group of otc supps that boost test and block estrogen to rebalance hormone levels. Or people can buy a serm which is drastically cheaper to run. 1800mg of torem is around $40. Is a serm alone enough for the mild degree of ph that hdrol is? Or does it need other test boosters such as free test, or pes erase?

The dosing protocol for hdrol varies as well. Hdrol seems to be ran for 50/50/75/75 or 50/50/75/75/75/75 OR 50/50/75/75/100/100 that depends on how someone's body reacts to the substance as well. Torem is dosed at
120/90/60/30/30/30

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
H-drol is a much more powerful steroid than people give it credit for. The methylation does cause a significant degree of toxicity, and as such, appropriate support supps should be taken. I highly recommend using an all in one product such as AI cycle support or CEL cycle assist while on. You can preload with milk thistle at 1-3 grams/day for two weeks prior to beginning your cycle, rather than waste expensive cycle support which contains additional supplements that are more beneficial during your cycle and PCT than they are preloaded. Fish Oil is an excellent supplement that should be taken both on and off cycle. The fatty acids help with PH absorption, and as such it should definitely be dosed with your halodrol, and also can be taken a couple extra times throughout the day. Joint support is something that a lot of people like to add when they run a cycle- I definitely enjoy the benefits of a good support product like SuperCissus RX whenever I can afford it, but I have bad joints due to sports-related injuries I incurred in my teens so I need all the help I can get.

With regards to dosing protocols, if its your first cycle, 50/75/75/75/75/75 will have you covered well, and will line up perfectly with two bottles so you aren't left with just a few pills waiting for the next cycle. If your profile weight stat is accurate, I wouldn't recommend going over 75 mg the first run through, as it will probably give you more extra sides than gains. 75 is enough even for a lot of guys my size, though after a couple cycles you may be able to get away with pushing it into the 100-125 mg range.

For PCT, torem is an excellent choice. 120 can be good for the first few days, and after that you can go to 90/60/60/30 and should recover fine. The SERM will get your HPTA up and running just fine, but as far as ease of recovery additional OTC supplements can be beneficial. Stuff with Tribulus, Fenugreek, Indole-3-Carbinol, etc will definitely improve your libido and mood (such as Titanium or Activate XT or PCT Assist, etc). D-Aspartic Acid is another must-have in my opinon. If you want you can also add an AI of some sort in week 3 of PCT to help get your estrogen under control after the SERM gets you up and running again. Erase from PES has been getting rave reviews as of late. That brings us to the final necessary aspect of PCT- Cortisol Control. Lean Xtreme is extremely popular to run starting in week 3, though if you use Erase as an AI you don't need additional cortisol control. If you want (and I do recommend this as well) you can use creatine in PCT as well- straight mono works well, although I'm logging NTBM's Ancient Strength right now and it's hands down the best creatine product I've used to date. Another type of cell volumizer/ nutrient partitioner can't hurt either- I'm a big fan of Anabolic Pump from USPlabs. You can literally triple the cost of a cycle with OTC supps though, so I'm going to lay out how I would run the cycle and two different PCT protocols below:

Cycle:
H-drol 0/0/50/75/75/75/75/75
Milk Thistle 2g/2g/0/0/0/0/0/0/
Cycle Assist 0/0/8/8/8/8/8/8/8/8
Fish Oil (minimum) 4g/4g/4g/4g/4g/4g/4g/4g/4g/4g/4g/4g.....

PCT:

Economical:
Torem 90/60/60/30
Test booster (titanium, activate xt, etc) x/x/x/x
DAA 3g/3g/3g/3g
Erase 0/0/3/3/3/3

Epic:
Torem (120)90/60/60/30
Test Booster x/x/x/x
DAA 3g/3g/3g/3g
Ancient Strength 3/3/3/3
Anabolic Pump 3/3/3/3
SuperCissus RX 4/4/4/4
Erase 0/0/3/3/3/3

Hopefully this will be somewhat helpful.

bravemac

bravemac

Awards
I've been researching what is all need for an hdrol cycle and have found conflicting info on a lot of stuff. So I thought i'd make a thread and sort this out for my benefit and for anyone else wondering. Will post the final conclusions on my blog :D

Hdrol needs support supps because it's methylated, but to what degree? Some logs have people using only milkthistle preloaded for 2 weeks and upped on cycle. Others used fish oil, cycle assist, milkthistle, hawthorne berry, and joint support. How much is enough and how much is overkill?. For a 6 week cycle the opinions on varied boards are so varied.

For a 6 week hdrol cycle people can go with a group of otc supps that boost test and block estrogen to rebalance hormone levels. Or people can buy a serm which is drastically cheaper to run. 1800mg of torem is around $40. Is a serm alone enough for the mild degree of ph that hdrol is? Or does it need other test boosters such as free test, or pes erase?

The dosing protocol for hdrol varies as well. Hdrol seems to be ran for 50/50/75/75 or 50/50/75/75/75/75 OR 50/50/75/75/100/100 that depends on how someone's body reacts to the substance as well. Torem is dosed at
120/90/60/30/30/30
The answer could be long for touch every deatails..

In few words:
75mg6 weeks is the standard.
SERM alone is enough for most of cycle (hdrol included).
Torem standard: 90/60/60/30 enough for most of cycle.
Cycle protection: hb 2weeks preload and ca on cycle is enough for hd.

OTC health protection supps will nit save you from damages if you go wronge with cycle parameters. Most of studies says that cs supps actually they don't do nothing against health damages.

Forgot something?
Cheers.

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
see even in the thread the info is conflicting..

also if someone runs HCG through the cycle then what would the PCT be? would it only really need a test booster?.. hdrol doesn't convert so estrogen wouldn't be a problem really.. and hcg would maintain testes functionality through the cycle..

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
see even in the thread the info is conflicting..

also if someone runs HCG through the cycle then what would the PCT be? would it only really need a test booster?.. hdrol doesn't convert so estrogen wouldn't be a problem really.. and hcg would maintain testes functionality through the cycle..
Taking HCG is really impractical for such a short, oral only cycle. You really only need it for long injectable cycles. If you're really concerned about functionality I would go with something like Toco-8 from primordial. If you're going to inject (HCG), why bother with PH's anyway?

Bravemac's cycle outline is virtually identical to mine except that he's not adding in any OTC supps during PCT. You really don't NEED them if you have a SERM, but they make PCT a lot more enjoyable. A six week halo cycle with a torem PCT will get you going just fine.

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
I was just asking :) ..

what about support supps?.. to what degree are those needed?

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
you need support supps more on oral cycles cuz your liver processes everything. When you pin stuff its different.

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
you need support supps more on oral cycles cuz your liver processes everything. When you pin stuff its different.
I know.. but I am wondering to what degree.. because I've read people using fish oil and milkthistle preloaded and they get along great.. but others use cycle assist and organ shield and swear by it.. just curious is all..

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most of studies says that cs supps actually they don't do nothing against health damages.
please post a link to a single study showing that.... The FDA banned the use of Red Yeast Rice in supplements as it was actually effective and naturally had one of the statin components in it like was in Crestor or Lipitor. The natural supplements are definitely effective.

honestly liver damage is less important than the other damages. The liver bounces back very rapidly post cycle if you didnt' damage it to the point of cell necrosis. Blood pressure issues on cycle will ruin your ability to perform in the gym (and bed) while on cycle, cholesterol levels can go totally wacky which is terrible for long term arterial and heart health.

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
Its all up to personal choice in the end. Ive known guys who ran H-drol with no PCT at all or just took some creatine. I ran a cycle of it 2 years ago and my PCT was Cycle Assist and Formex lol. A SERM is a cure all for sure, but IMO people who use SERMS for H-drol risk bigger sides than they get from the PH. Also, spending $$$ on PCT for H-drol is kinda overkill. Save that money and get some PPlex for the next run!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
clevelandsae Anabolics 3
Anabolics 6
Cycle Logs 2
Cycle Logs 0
Anabolics 11