To Rub or not to Rub

Big Joe

Awards
Sorry if this question seems niave, but I am relatively new to Homebrewing. When you guys are rubbing on your PH's, and you say rub hard, do you rub with your fingers or a cotton swab?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
At first glance I though I was going to have to move this thread to the off topic forum ;)

Rub with your fingers, plastic spoon, gloved hand, or whatever else you have available. I don't know if I could recommend a cotton swab but have heard others that have had good success doing this...

Chemo

bigbadboss101

Awards
For lower back often I rub with the back of my hands. Why? The skin is thinner there and you get some absorption there instead of the thicker palm of your hands. Also, you don't have to worry about sticking a finger in your eye and getting burned.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
For lower back often I rub with the back of my hands. Why? The skin is thinner there and you get some absorption there instead of the thicker palm of your hands. Also, you don't have to worry about sticking a finger in your eye and getting burned.
Good idea! I'm going to start using this technique as well!

Chemo

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
people use gloves and whatver else. I don't know why I just use my hands . Thats what they are for right. Plus you just wash them after... Yeh the back hand rub sounds good.. Talk to ya

BigBenn

Awards
I spread mine with a cotton ball soaked in iso then wring it out on my chest. A bit of a waste but I wouldn't think more than 10mg or so.

Aneas

Awards
Hands but even if I was them it still burns sometimes if I rub my eyes, nose or mouth. No pain = no gain.

ChaseRoy

Awards
while we're on the topic of application..what are all your favorite application spots? i heard the back, anything else. I guess i am trying to ask if there is any one "ideal" spot to apply, where perhaps better absorption would occur?

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
while we're on the topic of application..what are all your favorite application spots? i heard the back, anything else. I guess i am trying to ask if there is any one "ideal" spot to apply, where perhaps better absorption would occur?
Well whenever anyone asks where the best absorption is I always have the same answer. Your balls.. BUT do not apply there. the skin is the thinest there..

Now seriously i like to allpy on bi's tri's pecs and lower back. Everywhere is easy to access and the skin is relitively thin as well. talk to ya..

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I heard you get really awesome absorption if you put it on your nuts!:D
Seriously though, wherever the skin is the thinnest. I don't reccomend using the family jewels because I've heard is stings like a mofo!

ManBeast

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Personally I can attest to the fact it does burn like a mother if you get in on the family jewels...

bigbadboss101

Awards
I don't like applying to the lower body because I don't FEEL anything. I tend to use pecs and delts the most. I like using the back of the neck because I feel a sensation. I do lower back too but upper back is a PITA to rub in. Couple times when I used the lower abs for surface I felt a deep burn. Other spots I use include the entire arm(s), back of the ear etc.

I didn't wash my hands cleanly one time and got some on the sack. It does burn nicely :). Pain is one thing, hope it doesn't hinder tadpole production...

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
does rubbing ph's on areas you workout the same day have a greater effect as would an injection? im guessing not but still curious. so if im working chest one day, would applying directly on my chest result in a better gains then applying to the back, bis, traps, etc.