Injecting with the same needle used to draw from?

jtcastro1

Awards
  • Established
Is it okay if I draw from the vial with a 23 gauge 1 inch needle and use It to pin myself? I know a lot of people say the needle will be dull and it will hurt more? I understand if I was drawing from 2 or 3 different compounds but is it okay from just 1 vial?
Thanks in advance

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's fine. I have 23's to draw and 25's to inject tho.

You should get some 25's and do the same. Gpz has all you need for cheap.

jtcastro1

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice. I'll either use 23's or 25's

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
No issue as long as you don't break sterility. I draw with 18 and shoot 25. Seen people draw and shoot the same, barely dulls it to be honest. I've done an 18 to draw and shot with the same in the delt, that hurt.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No issue as long as you don't break sterility. I draw with 18 and shoot 25. Seen people draw and shoot the same, barely dulls it to be honest. I've done an 18 to draw and shot with the same in the delt, that hurt.
Might as well use an icepick next time.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Might as well use an icepick next time.
That was my first time, it was some thick test e too, winter time in Chicago so it took a while to push, self injected too, yeah that was fun, not.

jtcastro1

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone. Just trying to clear up a few things

Devious D

Awards
Just did my first inject this morning and used 23g to draw and stick. completely painless.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
jtcastro and devious d, what are your cycles exactly?

Devious D

Awards
test-e 500mg/week. Did 250mg today just under a CC. My vials are 300mg/ml. I also didn't change the needle and I stuck the vial twice because I didn't get enough the first time. Don't be scared.

jtcastro1

Awards
  • Established
test-e 500mg/week. Did 250mg today just under a CC. My vials are 300mg/ml. I also didn't change the needle and I stuck the vial twice because I didn't get enough the first time. Don't be scared.
Glad it didn't hurt. I just hear stories of infection when pinning with the same needle used to draw from. But I should be fine

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Glad it didn't hurt. I just hear stories of infection when pinning with the same needle used to draw from. But I should be fine
That is only if people aren't careful about it, good luck you two first test cycles feel so good.

jtcastro1

Awards
  • Established
Thanks hatefulone. I'm so pumped for it. I'm kinda still getting everything prepared though.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I looked for them but couldnt find them. Somewhere on the web are pics of hypo's taken with a microscope before being used and after being used once through a rubber stopper. I wont use one after it's been through a stopper again. Draw with one, use the other

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It just depends if you're gonna do a cycle or 2 and quit, or if you're gonna run a couple a yr. The worse the needle is, the more scar tissue that you create. Scar tissue hurst a little more.

TeamAmerica

TeamAmerica

Awards
From a medical standpoint you should clean the stopper each time with alcohol. this eliminates some potential contaminates. Changing the needle would be preferred but not completely necessary as long as you clean injection site also, we do it all the time and it doesnt dull it. The only time to really switch needles is if you are drawing from glass break aways make sure you draw with a filtered needle and then switch to a regular hypo.

MarBaSxx

MarBaSxx

Awards
  • Established
i dont understand why one would use the same needle...needles are cheap...just switch the freaking thing

Tommy1109

Awards
Suggestive to switch the dart... but hey if you do not have a big nasty spot injection infection what ever floats your boat!

jtcastro1

Awards
  • Established
One reason would be because needles are sometimes frustrating to get. Walking into the pharmacy is a pain. And they take down info sometimes which also makes it frustrating

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
One reason would be because needles are sometimes frustrating to get. Walking into the pharmacy is a pain. And they take down info sometimes which also makes it frustrating
Pins are rather easy to find online, either that or find a cute nurse and bang her then have her get you some.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is not true. I told you where to get them from... they are extremely easy to get.

anabolicscuba

Awards
It is fine to use the same one but I find it dulls just a little bit pushing it through that rubber stopper. Also I always use a bigger needle to draw out the oil, so that in itself causes me to switch pins.

jtcastro1

Awards
  • Established
Okay thanks everyone. And yeah I guess I will order online. Seems easier

blackbee

Awards
I looked for them but couldnt find them. Somewhere on the web are pics of hypo's taken with a microscope before being used and after being used once through a rubber stopper. I wont use one after it's been through a stopper again. Draw with one, use the other

Here is one picture with the needle after 1 use and 6 uses. Personally i would just switch. Pinz are cheap enough.

jtcastro1

Awards
  • Established
Alright that puts a little fear into me haha I'll just switch

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I asked this in another thread but never ended up getting an answer. Can you use a 25g 1 inch for glutes? Or do you need 1.5 inch for glutes?

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I asked this in another thread but never ended up getting an answer. Can you use a 25g 1 inch for glutes? Or do you need 1.5 inch for glutes?
If you're lean enough and don't have a fat ass, 1" will work fine. I would use 23g though. I prefer 23g 1" and usually pin quads.