From Experience, What is Harsher Hairwise? Drol or Dbol?

Izzman

Awards
Just from everyone's own experiences, what would you say is harsher on the hair: anadrol or dbol? I am prone to MPB and have not shed on fina (Test w/o proscar and Winny Devastated my hair, never again) while cutting in the past (granted I was on a shitload of hair protectants and still am). Now if I plan to run one of these orals in the future, I would like to know with which I would have the lesser chance of shedding even they both they are both very strong androgenically.
Secondly, if Anadrol is not a DHT deriv, through what mechanism does it cause shedding? Secondly, is it estrogenic or progestenic in nature? Many, including myself, seem to be unsure of the latter.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Well, I've only used dbol so far and that's really the only help I can give. I used it for about 2 weeks and then stopped because it made my hairline pretty different in that short amount of time. The last day that I was on it I got a haircut and couldn't believe how much I'd lost in the two corners, nothing bad, but I could definatley tell.

ALTHOUGH :D , At the moment it's growing back. It's actually looking better before I even started my last cycle of prop/dbol. I don't know how to explain it either. I've read about people having the same luck as me, but I wouldn't rely on it happening and so I think I'll take my money and run and not jeopardize it again by taking it. Also, I must say that I was using 55mg/day. That's kind a lot for a newbie, but was okay considering my size at the time. So maybe I was just using too high of a dose, and am debating whether if I do run it again, maybe I can get away with a smaller dose and have less sides.

Just some stuff to think about man.... :)

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, and from all that I've read, drol has caused more damage in both user reports and profiles....so take that for whatever it's worth... :blink:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Drol.

Izzman

Awards
"Secondly, if Anadrol is not a DHT deriv, through what mechanism does it cause shedding? Secondly, is it estrogenic or progestenic in nature? Many, including myself, seem to be unsure of the latter."

Bump, on this one, does anyone have an idea?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
"Secondly, if Anadrol is not a DHT deriv, through what mechanism does it cause shedding? Secondly, is it estrogenic or progestenic in nature? Many, including myself, seem to be unsure of the latter."

Bump, on this one, does anyone have an idea?
It is a DHT der.(A saturated) and forms some dirty metabolites, alot the same as DBall, but the A50 def makes me oilier if nothing else. No hair loss w/ either at 50mg or less. Progestins often reduce hair loss, so if it is progestinic, it is weakly so. Estrogen conversion is negligible.

Izzman

Awards
It is a DHT der.(A saturated) and forms some dirty metabolites, alot the same as DBall, but the A50 def makes me oilier if nothing else. No hair loss w/ either at 50mg or less. Progestins often reduce hair loss, so if it is progestinic, it is weakly so. Estrogen conversion is negligible.
Are you MPB prone? Secondly, what do yu believe is more preventable: Dbol Shedding or Drol Shedding? And since you mention drol is progestenic in nature and I don't shed on fina at all, maybe there is a good chance I won't shed on drol even though I am MPB prone?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Are you MPB prone? Secondly, what do yu believe is more preventable: Dbol Shedding or Drol Shedding? And since you mention drol is progestenic in nature and I don't shed on fina at all, maybe there is a good chance I won't shed on drol even though I am MPB prone?
They say anadrol is a progestin but I don't think it is, at least not a strong one. They both form a lot of DHT type metabolites after you've taken it, thats the problem. I'm not MPB prone, but my skin breaks out bad. I'd say use the DBall with some Nizoral shampoo, the generic 2%niz must work fine cause I still got my hair!

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How/why does a progestin steroid reduce any hair loss?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
How/why does a progestin steroid reduce any hair loss?
Mainly I guess because it can act as a pseudoandrogen at the responsible receptor sites, thus preventing the harder androgen from binding. They say Deca is good for this too, cause it forms a tight binding metabolite that is progestinic and far less androgenic. I know progestins are use in hair loss, acne, and mental disorders resulting from excess androgen.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Mainly I guess because it can act as a pseudoandrogen at the responsible receptor sites, thus preventing the harder androgen from binding. They say Deca is good for this too, cause it forms a tight binding metabolite that is progestinic and far less androgenic. I know progestins are use in hair loss, acne, and mental disorders resulting from excess androgen.
hmmm...so is it because deca's weaker 5-alpha derivative or its it because it is a progestin. I tend to think it being a progestin is just secondary.

I forgot to add that progesterone is administered as a 'weaker' estrogen supplement for the hairloss/acne problems you mention - is that how deca works then - as a 'weak' estrogen?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
hmmm...so is it because deca's weaker 5-alpha derivative or its it because it is a progestin. I tend to think it being a progestin is just secondary.

I forgot to add that progesterone is administered as a 'weaker' estrogen supplement for the hairloss/acne problems you mention - is that how deca works then - as a 'weak' estrogen?
Because deca's weaker 5-alpha reduved derivative has high affinity. The fact that it's a progestin has nothing to do really, except that a lot of progestins by virtue of their structure have good AR affinity without much intrinsic activity. It's not really a weaker estrogen but a super weak androgen. Deca is actually anti-e.