From Experience, What is Harsher Hairwise? Drol or Dbol?

  1. New Member
    Izzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    157
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    41.25%

    From Experience, What is Harsher Hairwise? Drol or Dbol?


    Just from everyone's own experiences, what would you say is harsher on the hair: anadrol or dbol? I am prone to MPB and have not shed on fina (Test w/o proscar and Winny Devastated my hair, never again) while cutting in the past (granted I was on a ****load of hair protectants and still am). Now if I plan to run one of these orals in the future, I would like to know with which I would have the lesser chance of shedding even they both they are both very strong androgenically.
    Secondly, if Anadrol is not a DHT deriv, through what mechanism does it cause shedding? Secondly, is it estrogenic or progestenic in nature? Many, including myself, seem to be unsure of the latter.

  2. Senior Member
    lifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,719
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    66.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Well, I've only used dbol so far and that's really the only help I can give. I used it for about 2 weeks and then stopped because it made my hairline pretty different in that short amount of time. The last day that I was on it I got a haircut and couldn't believe how much I'd lost in the two corners, nothing bad, but I could definatley tell.

    ALTHOUGH , At the moment it's growing back. It's actually looking better before I even started my last cycle of prop/dbol. I don't know how to explain it either. I've read about people having the same luck as me, but I wouldn't rely on it happening and so I think I'll take my money and run and not jeopardize it again by taking it. Also, I must say that I was using 55mg/day. That's kind a lot for a newbie, but was okay considering my size at the time. So maybe I was just using too high of a dose, and am debating whether if I do run it again, maybe I can get away with a smaller dose and have less sides.

    Just some stuff to think about man....
  3. Senior Member
    lifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,719
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    66.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Oh yeah, and from all that I've read, drol has caused more damage in both user reports and profiles....so take that for whatever it's worth...
    •   
       

  4. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Drol.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  5. New Member
    bige211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    148
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    66.95%

    drol is def worse
  6. New Member
    Izzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    157
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    41.25%

    "Secondly, if Anadrol is not a DHT deriv, through what mechanism does it cause shedding? Secondly, is it estrogenic or progestenic in nature? Many, including myself, seem to be unsure of the latter."

    Bump, on this one, does anyone have an idea?
  7. Elite Member
    DR.D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,780
    Rep Power
    307856
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzman
    "Secondly, if Anadrol is not a DHT deriv, through what mechanism does it cause shedding? Secondly, is it estrogenic or progestenic in nature? Many, including myself, seem to be unsure of the latter."

    Bump, on this one, does anyone have an idea?
    It is a DHT der.(A saturated) and forms some dirty metabolites, alot the same as DBall, but the A50 def makes me oilier if nothing else. No hair loss w/ either at 50mg or less. Progestins often reduce hair loss, so if it is progestinic, it is weakly so. Estrogen conversion is negligible.
  8. New Member
    Izzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    157
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    41.25%

    Quote Originally Posted by DR.D
    It is a DHT der.(A saturated) and forms some dirty metabolites, alot the same as DBall, but the A50 def makes me oilier if nothing else. No hair loss w/ either at 50mg or less. Progestins often reduce hair loss, so if it is progestinic, it is weakly so. Estrogen conversion is negligible.
    Are you MPB prone? Secondly, what do yu believe is more preventable: Dbol Shedding or Drol Shedding? And since you mention drol is progestenic in nature and I don't shed on fina at all, maybe there is a good chance I won't shed on drol even though I am MPB prone?
  9. Elite Member
    DR.D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,780
    Rep Power
    307856
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzman
    Are you MPB prone? Secondly, what do yu believe is more preventable: Dbol Shedding or Drol Shedding? And since you mention drol is progestenic in nature and I don't shed on fina at all, maybe there is a good chance I won't shed on drol even though I am MPB prone?
    They say anadrol is a progestin but I don't think it is, at least not a strong one. They both form a lot of DHT type metabolites after you've taken it, thats the problem. I'm not MPB prone, but my skin breaks out bad. I'd say use the DBall with some Nizoral shampoo, the generic 2%niz must work fine cause I still got my hair!
  10. Senior Member
    MarcusG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,223
    Rep Power
    756
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    24.95%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DR.D
    It is a DHT der.(A saturated) and forms some dirty metabolites, alot the same as DBall, but the A50 def makes me oilier if nothing else. No hair loss w/ either at 50mg or less. Progestins often reduce hair loss, so if it is progestinic, it is weakly so. Estrogen conversion is negligible.
    How/why does a progestin steroid reduce any hair loss?
  11. Elite Member
    DR.D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,780
    Rep Power
    307856
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusG
    How/why does a progestin steroid reduce any hair loss?
    Mainly I guess because it can act as a pseudoandrogen at the responsible receptor sites, thus preventing the harder androgen from binding. They say Deca is good for this too, cause it forms a tight binding metabolite that is progestinic and far less androgenic. I know progestins are use in hair loss, acne, and mental disorders resulting from excess androgen.
  12. Senior Member
    MarcusG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,223
    Rep Power
    756
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    24.95%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DR.D
    Mainly I guess because it can act as a pseudoandrogen at the responsible receptor sites, thus preventing the harder androgen from binding. They say Deca is good for this too, cause it forms a tight binding metabolite that is progestinic and far less androgenic. I know progestins are use in hair loss, acne, and mental disorders resulting from excess androgen.
    hmmm...so is it because deca's weaker 5-alpha derivative or its it because it is a progestin. I tend to think it being a progestin is just secondary.

    I forgot to add that progesterone is administered as a 'weaker' estrogen supplement for the hairloss/acne problems you mention - is that how deca works then - as a 'weak' estrogen?
  13. Elite Member
    DR.D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,780
    Rep Power
    307856
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusG
    hmmm...so is it because deca's weaker 5-alpha derivative or its it because it is a progestin. I tend to think it being a progestin is just secondary.

    I forgot to add that progesterone is administered as a 'weaker' estrogen supplement for the hairloss/acne problems you mention - is that how deca works then - as a 'weak' estrogen?
    Because deca's weaker 5-alpha reduved derivative has high affinity. The fact that it's a progestin has nothing to do really, except that a lot of progestins by virtue of their structure have good AR affinity without much intrinsic activity. It's not really a weaker estrogen but a super weak androgen. Deca is actually anti-e.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Whats more androgenic? H-Drol or M-Drol
    By WebDesigner in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 01:44 PM
  2. What is your favorite stim or supp for partying?
    By SFRANGER in forum Supplements
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 11:28 AM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 03:48 PM
  4. What is the best suppliement or stack
    By rockstar in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 10:35 PM
  5. What is better 1-ad or 1-t
    By patrol in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 01:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in