minoxidil and azelic acid

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently using this while ON and it hasn't seemed to help with the thinning at all, week two and thinning is already very noticable (in my prone areas) I figured the mm and ac would slow this down a lot, if not stop it (while ON) but no such luck, any idea's? Does it take a while for it to "kick in" or can i only expect it to get worse...Thanks for any help

dvp

Awards
takes awhile... minoxidil generally causes increased hairloss initially. don't know much about aa.

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
That's makes sense. So would it actually (overall) be beneficial to use minox/aa ONLY while being ON? or is it only beneficial with permanent use...for the most part I understand how minox works but only concern would b the initial hairloss being permanent (speeding up the hairs cycle so some will die)

novicebb

Awards
Honestly I also think it depends on where you got the minox/AA combo from. Not going to say where I got mind but lets just say I've used well over a year and not at all happy with results. Wonder if product is bunk or some suppliers just have better preparation standards and their products are more stable.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
Minoxidil can take 4-6 months to start working, read the hairless sticky, I read the whole thing and learned a lot.

Minoxidil is not a bandaid, once you start it you are on it for life, or when you stop you lose all new hair the some

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Minoxidil isn't really what you want... finasteride or other DHT blockers will help much more... but can also cause permanent sexual dysfunction.

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
Minoxidil isn't really what you want... finasteride or other DHT blockers will help much more... but can also cause permanent sexual dysfunction.
Right, that's why I won't use those, and use the aa.

So my next question is, considering minoxidil increases hairloss at first, then increases growth, once I discontinue use will I be back where I started (which is fine w me) or will all the hair die and b closes to the point just prior to increased growth while using minoxidil...get what im saying?