Why not ramp down on a PH cycle?

tradeforcash

Awards
I've been lurking for a while, and had a question.

Most cycles you start low then ramp up the dose of the pH you are taking. Then when you end your cycle, you are at the top end.

Why do you not ramp down at the end of the cycle? would this not help to offset the sides at the end?

mmk64

Awards
I've been lurking for a while, and had a question.

Most cycles you start low then ramp up the dose of the pH you are taking. Then when you end your cycle, you are at the top end.

Why do you not ramp down at the end of the cycle? would this not help to offset the sides at the end?
I think the whole ramping up idea is good if you're using a compound for the first time and you're looking for your sweet spot. On subsequent cycles you can just start and finish at that dose. If you're needing to ramp down at the end due to accumulated side effects, then it's probably best to have gone with a lower dosage from the beginning. That's my take on the issue

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I think the whole ramping up idea is good if you're using a compound for the first time and you're looking for your sweet spot. On subsequent cycles you can just start and finish at that dose. If you're needing to ramp down at the end due to accumulated side effects, then it's probably best to have gone with a lower dosage from the beginning. That's my take on the issue

Thats a good way to look at ramping up, as far as ramping down, I feel the main reason not to do that is the fact that you ARE shut down by the time you are at the end, dragging it out and lowering the effective dosage of the ph/as/drug you are on for a few more weeks will/can have more of a negative impact than just ending the cycle and starting your pct/restart program.

tradeforcash

Awards
yeah, I was just curious, i was thinking maybe you could just taper off, and ramp up a pct also, but on most pct, you max out at the beginnning, and taper down from what I've read....

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
It could have some place with pulsing. I think I read that the old BB'rs use to just taper off.

Big billy

Awards
Thats a good way to look at ramping up, as far as ramping down, I feel the main reason not to do that is the fact that you ARE shut down by the time you are at the end, dragging it out and lowering the effective dosage of the ph/as/drug you are on for a few more weeks will/can have more of a negative impact than just ending the cycle and starting your pct/restart program.
my thoughts exactly, if your taking a hormone and its effects have been in place for a duration of time, then ramping it down will just let the effectiveness drop and wont help you recover any. if your taking a hormone, ride it out till the end, and then do what is nessasary to recover your natural hormonal balance.I tried doing this myself a few years ago. check my old posts, and i will tell you it helped with nothing except hurting my final gains and diminished that "on" feeling for the last week of my cycle. and i still had to recover as if i just rode it out at full dose. hope that helps

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I taper up and taper down. Its much easier to hold gains that way for me

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
pyramid dosing was more common years ago with old school AS. I think PHs require different supports and pct.