Reducing prop pain with anti-inflammatory's, etc..

Reducing prop pain with anti-inflammatory's, etc..

Last time on Test prop I, like most, had a really bad time with injection pain. The pain was usually the worst on days 3 and 4 after the initial injection.

So I would take 2 advil and it really helped out with the soreness and pain. On top of that though, I would get the prop flu about 4-5 hours after the injuection and it would usually last anohter 4-5 hours. So the advil even helped with that as well.

But I keep hearing that it's not cool to keep taking anti-inflammatory's the way that I was and how it has negative effects on the kidney's, etc.

So my question is would taking advil like ED or EOD for approximately 8-10 weeks...and doing this for like 2 times a year be detrimental to my health? What have you guys' experiences been? Also, what other options besides cutting your gear have you found to be of help with prop pain?

My injection procedure is to a "T" so the only other way of dealing with this is from outside options. Btw, heating pads never helped me either...

2. Board Supporter

I've only pinned test prop once, two days ago, am I'm still a bit sore, but not as much after doing cardio yesterday (I decided to postpone squats to today, heh). I have quite a bit of experience with advil though. I've taken 3-4 of the extra strength for months on end during track season. I also suffer from bad headaches, so I've taken much advil for that as well. So far I'm fine. I've had blood work done recently and everything checked out okay.
    But back to the prop...I didn't get any flu-like symptoms 4-5 hours after injection (so I guess I'm lucky?), but I only pinned 2cc at 80mg/ml. How much are you injecting and at what concentration? If you're making sure your muscle is warm and stretched, the only thing I can think of is injecting less in one area (keeping the shots to ~1cc per site maybe?).

Yeah, I'm gonna get my bloodowrk as soon as I start my paid vacation, so I can have some more time. At the moment my schedule is always different and pretty unpredictable. Right now I'm planning on jumping back on some prop and NPP in another month or so at least.

The thing about the prop flu is that I notice if I'm just sitting around, or sitting in front of the computer here at work, I seem to have more severe symptoms. The ones that really irk me is that my lower back and pelvis seem to really get bad aches in them, like the bones themselves. And then I get cold chills. But OTOH, if I'm busy doing something, or if I'm not paying attention to it, I don't get it at all or as bad....it's really weird...

The dose I was using was 150mg EOD, and then I upped it to 200mg EOD...and it was 100mg/ml concentration...I'm just gonna stick to 150 EOD for next time though...
    •   

4. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

Dilute with bacteriostatic water, here's how:

Draw your prop dose, draw up 1/4 to 1/2cc BAW.. Shake the syringe abit so they mix. Let the dart stand upward (sit it plunger down in a cup) until the water separates from the oil.. Push ou tthe Bac. water until you get to the gear.. Done!

I got this from superiormuscle, Hitmansb posted this idea, but I forget who he quoted..

Either that, or B12..
  5. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox

Draw your prop dose, draw up 1/4 to 1/2cc BAW.. Shake the syringe abit so they mix. Let the dart stand upward (sit it plunger down in a cup) until the water separates from the oil.. Push ou tthe Bac. water until you get to the gear.. Done!

I got this from superiormuscle, Hitmansb posted this idea, but I forget who he quoted..

Either that, or B12..
    So you are evacuating the BW from the pin before injecting?

Thanks Pete, but I always thought it was the prop ester itself and not the BA that causes the majority of the pain? That will still help though...I'm gonna try it...

Willie, the BW will collect most of the BA and then you can push it out, leaving the gear...
  7. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    Thanks Pete, but I always thought it was the prop ester itself and not the BA that causes the majority of the pain? That will still help though...I'm gonna try it...

Willie, the BW will collect most of the BA and then you can push it out, leaving the gear...
    Gotcha
  8. Registered User

there is local anesthetic creams for injections site that could be used to reduce the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by acecombact1
    there is local anesthetic creams for injections site that could be used to reduce the pain.
    Are they by prescription? If not, can you name some and where to get 'em? Thx..
  10. Registered User

most of them are prescription, i dont realy remmeber the name, but they are used with Botox injections.

here is some links for OTC ones:

http://www.topicaine.net/page/page/770006.htm

look for Octocaine and Xylonor cream:
    http://www.septodontinc.com/accessinfo.html

http://static.highbeam.com/d/dermato...injectionpain/

Thanks man, I'll check 'em out...
  12. AXE

If you quit using chinese gear, your problems will end
  13. Registered User

I'm finishing up a prop cycle, and yeah the prop ester is more painful then say enanthate. For me delts can be hit or miss. Sometimes they get sore afterwards, other times barely noticeable. Most of the time, not bad at all. Glutes don't get sore at all, but those ****ing quads! Sometimes its not too bad, but most of the time I walk with a limp for 4-5 days after an injection. Next time I'll probably just rotate delts and glutes although I prefer to hit a particular site only once every 12 days with eod injections. No problem with test flu.

One thing that seems to help is rolling the loaded syringe under hot running water for 30-45 seconds to heat up the oil. Supposedly this helps the oil to disperse better into the muscle tissue.
  14. Registered User

Question

This is the first time I have read about diluting prop with BW. Does this actually work in a manner that does not affect the gear. It would be nice to run a prop cycle without worrying about that day-after pain that kills for 5 or 6 hours.

BUMP for more info

regards,
    Carry On The Chaos
  15. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox

Either that, or B12..
    Bump on this.

Has anyone else tried this? I've used the spoon method to get rid of BA but worry about the heat ruining the test cause I don't have a lab thermometer on my stove.

Sounds interesting, evacuating BA with water. Does this really work? Thanks.
  16. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

I never tried it myself, prop doesn't hurt me for some reason.. I did have some high-octane cypionate that required being stepped on before a shot.. If not, I'd be walkin' like Verbal from Usual Suspects..

I have used B12, worked just fine..
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-14-2009, 04:39 PM
  2. Repost on how to reduce injection pain
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-15-2005, 09:20 AM
  3. Joint pain with tren/test cyp?
    By FrTimothy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11