EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Test Enan.
Dbol Kicker / 4 weeks.

I already know that some of you guys are tempted to say,
"You can't substitute quality calories from food with crappy weight gainers!"

Well, just to let you know, I plan on eating this amount:
Bodyweight x 20 = Intended Kcal consumption.

Then I'm going to add a weight gainer or two every day.

This leads me to my question:
Will the simple sugars contained in (seemingly all) weight gainers cause estrogen conversion? I heard this was an issue with the consumption of simple sugars while on cycle.

Dp you guys have any recommendations for weight gainers that avoid simple sugars (if they Are in fact a problem)?

Thanks guys.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sugars cause estrogen conversion? that is the craziest thing i've read in a while.

but, un healthy weight gainers packed full of simple carbs will make you fat. I have the proof, which many will see when I post pics in my 11-spray log.

you have an increase in estrogen regardless if you use a weight gainer or not on cycle. it is due to the outside androgens, so your body produces more aromatase to increase estrogen to try to match it.

the more, or more powerful of an androgen you use, you get the picture...

one or two healthy w/g shakes e/d along with a healthy diet will be fine, your best bet on gainer shakes is to make your own, this way you know what you are putting into it.

4kcals per g of carb & protein

9kcals per g of fat. (make sure you use healthy fats in moderation)

bulking properly is a skill I have not mastered yet, sh*t is hard.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
"When it comes to breast cancer, insulin is no friend. One of the biggest reason is due to the fact that both normal breast cells and cancer cells have insulin receptors on them. When insulin attaches to its receptor, it has the same effect as when estrogen attaches to its receptor; it causes cells to start dividing. The higher your insulin levels are, the faster your breast cells will divide; the faster they divide, the higher your risk of breast cancer is and the faster any existing cancer cells will grow."

From an article I just found on women's health... It's not where I originally read about the link between sugars and gyno, but perhaps there is a relationship between the development of breast cancer in women and gyno in men? (Remembering that Nolvadex was originally a breast cancer medication.)

I'm no expert whatsoever, but there could be something to this. I first read about it on a thread somewhere, though it wasn't on AM.

Also found this:

"Finally, Insulin. Insulin’s primary role is in the storage of glucose. However, due to the large percentage of simple or refined sugars in our diet, insulin resistance has become a major epidemic, and, yes, insulin resistance increases the risk of breast cancer. How, you ask? High simple sugars leads to insulin resistance and PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). As a result, estrogen dominance and excess testosterone are produced which leads to weight gain. Remember that fat cells produce even more estrogen and estrogen stimulates breast cell growth (link). Young women will start their cycles at an earlier age and thus will increase their lifetime exposure to estrogen without appropriate progesterone balance. And to make matters worse, traditional therapy with birth control pills for these young women increases the breast cancer risk even further. The moral of this story? Insulin resistance = estrogen dominance = breast cancer vulnerability."

In layman's terms, spike your insulin too much & too often, buy a nice bra?

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't read any of that^ just wanna dish out my 2 cents on weight gainers lol. F*** what people say about weight gainers.

Use a weight gainer once a day on cycle in a giant shake blended with peanut butter, banana, whole milk, oats, and some ice. Hell, toss in some ice cream if you'd like. That will get down some major calories for the day on a major bulk.

I have used weight gainers naturally, and they made me fat as f***.

I have used them on steroids, and they made my gains exceptional.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't even read any of this stuff but f*** what people say about weight gainers.

Use a weight gainer once a day on cycle in a giant shake blended with peanut butter, banana, whole milk, oats, and some ice. Hell, toss in some ice cream if you'd like. That will get down some major calories for the day on a major bulk.

It's not the idea of a gainer for me, it's the fact that I can get the same calories or even macros with a gainer made at home with better ingredients.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's not the idea of a gainer for me, it's the fact that I can get the same calories or even macros with a gainer made at home with better ingredients.
I don't use the weight gainer as a substitute for food calories and macros, I use it for the addition of calories and macros.

It's not like I add the gainer and drop my food calories.

I still add PB, milk, oats, and fruits to the weight gainer.

I get disgusted from food the amount I eat on cycle... I can't imagine adding more food. I can imagine adding a weight gainer tho easy to take down :)

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"When it comes to breast cancer, insulin is no friend. One of the biggest reason is due to the fact that both normal breast cells and cancer cells have insulin receptors on them. When insulin attaches to its receptor, it has the same effect as when estrogen attaches to its receptor; it causes cells to start dividing. The higher your insulin levels are, the faster your breast cells will divide; the faster they divide, the higher your risk of breast cancer is and the faster any existing cancer cells will grow."

From an article I just found on women's health... It's not where I originally read about the link between sugars and gyno, but perhaps there is a relationship between the development of breast cancer in women and gyno in men? (Remembering that Nolvadex was originally a breast cancer medication.)

I'm no expert whatsoever, but there could be something to this. I first read about it on a thread somewhere, though it wasn't on AM.

Also found this:

"Finally, Insulin. Insulin’s primary role is in the storage of glucose. However, due to the large percentage of simple or refined sugars in our diet, insulin resistance has become a major epidemic, and, yes, insulin resistance increases the risk of breast cancer. How, you ask? High simple sugars leads to insulin resistance and PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). As a result, estrogen dominance and excess testosterone are produced which leads to weight gain. Remember that fat cells produce even more estrogen and estrogen stimulates breast cell growth (link). Young women will start their cycles at an earlier age and thus will increase their lifetime exposure to estrogen without appropriate progesterone balance. And to make matters worse, traditional therapy with birth control pills for these young women increases the breast cancer risk even further. The moral of this story? Insulin resistance = estrogen dominance = breast cancer vulnerability."

I dont have time to address this properly, but real quick, weight training and cardio fix the problem of insulin resistance.

when you dont lift, your muscles become immune to the effects of insulin and this would be where this article comes in.

fat does not equal estrogen, however, high amounts of estrogen can lead to fat storage.

MikeGfilms

MikeGfilms

Awards
  • Established
I get disgusted from food the amount I eat on cycle... I can't imagine adding more food. I can imagine adding a weight gainer tho easy to take down :)
x2.

I always make my own weight gainer shakes when on cycle. I have one in the morning when i wake up and another post workout. Helps get extra calories in, and you dont feel like sh!t after like you do when stuffing your self to the max every meal.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't use the weight gainer as a substitute for food calories and macros, I use it for the addition of calories and macros.

It's not like I add the gainer and drop my food calories.

I still add PB, milk, oats, and fruits to the weight gainer.

Oh I definitely feel you, Ha, I've known you well enough to know your not the type to rely on shakes, I was just basing purchased gainers vs. created.

Im actually on a bulk now (started to get into the habit of eating big again for upcoming cycle), and Ive already become disgusted at the amount I am eating, but I love every second of it. :biggthumpup:

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I didn't read any of that^ just wanna dish out my 2 cents on weight gainers lol. F*** what people say about weight gainers.

X2, also eat more dead animals. one big shake 1st thing am, meat and good cals the rest of the day. You will grow faster than ever before provided all the necessary steps are in place :yumyum:

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Oh I definitely feel you, Ha, I've known you well enough to know your not the type to rely on shakes, I was just basing purchased gainers vs. created.

Im actually on a bulk now (started to get into the habit of eating big again for upcoming cycle), and Ive already become disgusted at the amount I am eating, but I love every second of it. :biggthumpup:
What do you put in your shakes to get those extra cals, bud? Any extras you can think of?

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
I dont have time to address this properly, but real quick, weight training and cardio fix the problem of insulin resistance.

when you dont lift, your muscles become immune to the effects of insulin and this would be where this article comes in.

fat does not equal estrogen, however, high amounts of estrogen can lead to fat storage.
Fair enough bro, I guess there's nothing to worry about then. :)

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
x2.

I always make my own weight gainer shakes when on cycle. I have one in the morning when i wake up and another post workout. Helps get extra calories in, and you dont feel like sh!t after like you do when stuffing your self to the max every meal.
You guys should all post your recipes for your weight gainer shakes, since we're on the topic. :biggthumpup:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

all this says is anything that causes your body to create new cells such as insulin or GH will cause cancer cells to duplicate too.
Also found this:

This also says it raises testosterone. But particularly its polycystic ovarian syndrome, so unless you have ovaries, don't worry about it.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
a few things I put in my shakes:
whey protein (I prefer one with isolate listed first)
non fat milk (2 cups)
fruit (for ex: a whole banana)
almond butter (organic, no salt) (1-2 table spoons)
Rolled oats (2 cups)
Coconut oil (1 cup, melted)

sometimes i'll toss in some honey to add a bit of sweetness, and after reading some info on royal jelly, I may start adding that as well.

usually after blending it all in a normal size blender, the blender is almost full, so it's always fun to gulp down. I like to see if I can do it all in one breath.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
non fat milk (2 cups)
Rolled oats (2 cups)

sometimes i'll toss in some honey to add a bit of sweetness, and after reading some info on royal jelly, I may start adding that as well.

usually after blending it all in a normal size blender, the blender is almost full, so it's always fun to gulp down. I like to see if I can do it all in one breath.
Sounds perfect, thanks for the tip. Come to think of it, one idea might be to add some pasteurized egg whites. You can't taste them and they're obviously an extremely bio available form of protein.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
non fat milk (2 cups)
Rolled oats (2 cups)

lol hopefully that 1 cup of coconut oil is a typo.

thats 216g of fat.........1900+ calories!

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mine is:

2 cups skim milk
2 scoops whey
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 Banana
1/2 Cup Oatmeal (sometimes)

This is my mild shake. sometimes ill add random other things just for extra calories (Ice cream, oil, fruit, etc)
Similar for me, except if it is an all out bulk:

Whole Milk is used
PB is natty, I assume same for mike, but just stating
Oatmeal is a constant
EggWhites (pasteurized)
EVOO if calories are low

It basically becomes a garbage salad of a shake, if I have it, it ends up in the blender. Throw some cubes in there as well.