M5aa suspension

H

HugeBB

Awards
I haven't found any posts about this. Is there anything about M5aa powder (large crystals, etc.) that prevents it from being used as a suspension?

I've read many posts about it being difficult to get into solution, so I wonder about this.

S

StephenC

Awards
Edited as i misread your post and thought you were looking for details to get it into solution, not suspension

Sorry, I'm working late and i'm bored!

H

HugeBB

Awards
so there are large crystals, and a suspension wouldn't work?

fatty

fatty

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering, why would you want it as a suspension if you could get it fully dissolved? Mine is more of a suspension as my floaties are pretty small and I just shake the crap out of it. Next time I will give it a few hot water baths until its all dissolved.

H

HugeBB

Awards
Just wondering, why would you want it as a suspension if you could get it fully dissolved? Mine is more of a suspension as my floaties are pretty small and I just shake the crap out of it. Next time I will give it a few hot water baths until its all dissolved.
It's easier. Also, I greatly prefer straight olive oil over industrial solvents.

fatty

fatty

Awards
  • Established
good point, guess I've never thought about all the peg400 im consuming....5ml per day, wonder how bad that is...

B

bigmark1972

Board Supporter
Awards
good point, guess I've never thought about all the peg400 im consuming....5ml per day, wonder how bad that is...
This is from the MSDS fo PG
J.T. Baker SAF-T-DATA(tm) Ratings (Provided here for your convenience)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Health Rating: 0 - None
Flammability Rating: 1 - Slight
Reactivity Rating: 0 - None
Contact Rating: 1 - Slight
Lab Protective Equip: GOGGLES; LAB COAT
Storage Color Code: Orange (General Storage)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Potential Health Effects
----------------------------------

Inhalation:
No adverse health effects expected from inhalation. (May be a mechanical irritant.)
Ingestion:
Large doses of the lower molecular weight products may cause gastro-intestinal upset.
Skin Contact:
No adverse effects expected.
Eye Contact:
No adverse effects expected.
Chronic Exposure:
No information found.
Aggravation of Pre-existing Conditions:
Damaged skin.

It's safe a health rating of zero is VERY low.

H

HugeBB

Awards
bump

If no one has suspended it, then what solutions have worked best for you?

J

jxhopper

Awards
  • Established
I can't get my m5aa powder to dissolve fully in peg400 regardless of how many hot water baths and furious shaking sessions I give it.....what gives? I bought the peg400 because at 10mg/ml there wasn't supposed to be any question about solubility. It barely dissolves better in the peg than in the olive oil...this sucks!

S

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
M5aa is probably the least soluable of the powders. That's why Sledge stopped selling it: too many emails about how.T.F. to dissolve it. Now it is caps only. Using the PEG, if you have a hand blender or something, you should be able to get a pretty even suspension.

I just use a small scoop which gives a pretty consistent amount (45mg), packed and flat. - This was easy for me to measure, since I have a digital scale accurate to 10mg/0.01g, which I got off Ebay for <$35.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
If your going to take orally, why not use some ethanol to dissolve. And as far as toxicity from PEG goes, it's so harmless that it can be used IV. Diols can be rough on the kidneys if used in excess, but that is in high chronic doses.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't get my m5aa powder to dissolve fully in peg400 regardless of how many hot water baths and furious shaking sessions I give it.....what gives? I bought the peg400 because at 10mg/ml there wasn't supposed to be any question about solubility. It barely dissolves better in the peg than in the olive oil...this sucks!
I got that amount in to solution. Let sit, capped, in boiled/simmering water on stove, for 10-15mins at a time. Shake insanely for 2-3 mins and repeat. Took me about an hour and a half...but it is in and stable since.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I got that amount in to solution. Let sit, capped, in boiled/simmering water on stove, for 10-15mins at a time. Shake insanely for 2-3 mins and repeat. Took me about an hour and a half...but it is in and stable since.

Notice that he had it capped while heating :hammer:

H

HugeBB

Awards
oops, I meant to ask this question of jxhopper, not b5150.

jxhopper, was your bottle capped during heating?

J

jxhopper

Awards
  • Established
oops, I meant to ask this question of jxhopper, not b5150.

jxhopper, was your bottle capped during heating?

nope......I was afraid the pressure would build and blow the top open. I boiled & shook in cycles several times last night...I got much more of it to dissolve, but there are still some floaties.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just tonight....20mg/ml crystal clear in PEG400 in just under 45 mins.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I also got 20mg/ml solution. I started out shaking every 10 minutes. Then got busy surfing the web and lost track of time. An hour later I realized that I left my **** boiling (cap on of course). So I ran to the stove to find a crystal clear solution. I didn't even have to shake it. I had some chunks in it too so I had my doubts if they would all dissolve. I wonder if you could get in 30mg/ml :think:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also got 20mg/ml solution. I started out shaking every 10 minutes. Then got busy surfing the web and lost track of time. An hour later I realized that I left my **** boiling (cap on of course). So I ran to the stove to find a crystal clear solution. I didn't even have to shake it. I had some chunks in it too so I had my doubts if they would all dissolve. I wonder if you could get in 30mg/ml :think:
I'm proud of you!!! :thumbsup:

There is a down side...it will turn to a suspension shortly. IOW a cloudy white solution. No biggie as long as you shake it well before use it is just fine. I thought of leaving it out on my patio/porch or in the car in the AZ sun all day too keep it warm (actually scolding) instead of reheat :run:

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I'm proud of you!!! :thumbsup:

There is a down side...it will turn to a suspension shortly. IOW a cloudy white solution. No biggie as long as you shake it well before use it is just fine. I thought of leaving it out on my patio/porch or in the car in the AZ sun all day too keep it warm (actually scolding) instead of reheat :run:

Right again!! :thumbsup:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Cycle Logs 0
M Anabolics 11
B Anabolics 2
M Anabolics 14
M Anabolics 3