Tcyp 200mg-8 weeks in--Fertility ???

Power33

Awards
Hello everyone-

My name is Charlie and I am 41 years old! I currently weight 290. I went to Dr. this past fall to have some bloodwork done, since I had not been for over 15 years. I had gained alot of weight over the last 2-3 years (40pounds), mainly around my stomach, and was concerned about diabetes/thyroid etc. Anyway, I was cleared of diabetes, however doc called me and said I had low Test levels and recommended Test injections- he said it would be good for losing belly fat and staying lean/gaining some muscle etc---sounded good! Here is my dliemma- my wife and I have been trying to conceive/get pregnant, and she has always had some hormone issues and challenges. I have always had great fertility/sperm lab results (3-4 tests). Bottom line is the general family doctor did not mention that this could shut me down or be harmful with fertility. I even asked him about this, and he said it is good for sperm motility and production. I rcvd my first shot in December 200mg of Tcyp. I returned in January and did not feel any difference after 3 weeks. So he then started doing weekly of 200mg ew for the last 7 weeks. I am concerned because I did not realize this could be an ongoing process (hence TRT), again doc never mentioned this. I was due for a shot this week on Tuesday and skipped it. I met with doc and asked questions about what was his plans, and he didnt have a clue in relationship to PCT or HCG/AI's etc. He just said he would taper me off!!! I asked to see an endo- going 2morror/Friday. Here is the deal I got a copy of my original labs from November (First & only lab), and my total test was 362 ng/dl ranfe of 280-800, and my Free Test (Direct): 8.3pg/ml range of 6.8-21.5. My free test seems low comparesd to Total. Any thoughts?? Also, should I consider taking some HCG for a few weeks to help out until I decide or get with ENDO?? Main concern is fertility & also getting my natural levels back to where they were!!!! I think through better diet, losing some weight, getting more sleep -terrrible sleep patterns/ and test boosters, loweering estrogen etc. that I will be ok in the 400-500 range! Anyone agree/ disagree?? I just dont wanna be on injections the rest of my life unless absolute necessary ya know! I would really appreciate some feedback and any ideas/ concerns! Lastly, what should I ask the endo on my appointment tomorrow??? Thanks

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
HMG is used for fertility when you are trying to conceive.

Testosterone will shut you down and you will get atrophy so I am pretty damn sure it will decline sperm count although I have nothing factual on it. You should look into it yourself.

You don't need any hCG. For the dosage of Test you were taking you should be fine without any PCT. If you cant help yourself low doses of Nolva and Clomid for a couple weeks will do.

When I'm 40 years old and done with having kids, I will be on TRT for sure. I can't imagine not being on it. So it's not that bad of an idea. You may be able to reach 500 or may not by lifestyle and weight changes.

Go see an endo. If you are telling the truth about your doctor and not just a perception of your side of the story, he seems like an idiot.

LOL @ you for going on TRT and finding out 8 weeks in.