Yet another Anavar question.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
I'm sorry to do this, guys. I've searched for an answer on so many forums and haven't found my answer. It's a simple fact, when someone asks about a standalone Anavar cycle people tend to stray from the topic and often forget the original question. I will try to be as specific as possible to avoid this happening yet again.

Stats:
22 y/o.
5'11".
175 pounds.
11% BF.
2 years lifting history.
No history of steroid use.
I will be using it with creatine. (By standalone I meant as the only AAS I will be taking.)

For the record:
My diet and training are in check- I experience regular strength gains through conventional methods, so I'm not going to be using var as a plateu buster. I simply want to lean out while hopefully gaining 5lbs. of lean mass. I don't want to use any androgenic steroids. It is not my goal to gain vast quantities of muscle in as short a time as possible. I would, however, like to get a bit of an "edge".

As I said, my strength increases on a regular basis, which in turn obviously brings some mass, but I just feel that this mass doesn't come as easily as it should. (A member of staff at my gym told me a rule of thumb, that for every 4kg you gain on your bench press you should gain 1kg in body weight. Since then, my bench has gone up almost 10kg but I haven't gained mass worth ****. In hindsight he was probably talking BS. Or maybe his rule doesn't apply to everyone?)

My reasoning is that if I increase my strength at a quicker rate that my body is used to, it will be shocked into growth.

-40mg ED for 8 weeks.
Good dosage?
Taper on?
PCT?
If so, would OTC varieties suffice? (LG's Formadrol etc.? I'm kind of reluctant to spend money on 100 tabs of Novaldex as it is my understanding that only half this amount is required as PCT. If not, please correct me.)

-What should my diet be like on Anavar?
I eat for a clean bulk all year round. My BF never goes up, only my lean mass increases. If I eat more will it improve the strength/mass properties of it or merely dampen the fat loss aspect? (I am aware that this steroid will cause appetite suppression. Trust me, I force feed myself to get those extra calories most of the day as it is anyway.)

I train for mass. 8-12 rep range.

Thank you in advance, guys. I appreciate all the help. I'm sorry for going so in-depth.

Last edited:
EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Please guys, I'd like to place an order tomorrow but won't do it until I've got all necessary info.

OklaState

Awards
I am in that same boat. Im going to order var tom too, i need to know what pct best matches for the compound (asap) and how to adjust my diet for on cycle(less important at the moment).
P.S. Im thinking about a 50mg ED dose. If you can afford it, it wouldn't hurt to go a bit higher. But I'd do what the wallet allows on the deal you find.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Man, I've heard everything from no PCT at all, to Tribulus, to Novaldex or Clomid. Some guys even said that PCT is only necessary at 100mg a day. 100mg Var a day seems like overkill though, mate.

Do you really think going up to 50 would really benefit me more? The only thing I've heard is that you should dose at .125mg/lb of body mass per day. So 40mg would already be higher than the suggested dose for me.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
40mg is a bit low for var if running solo but I guess it's a good place to start. I'm pretty sure you'll have to up the doseage though, and of course we all know it's VERY expensive to run.

Quick question: at 5'11" and only 175lbs, why are you even considering this run? Just eat more and train heavy! Seriously. You should naturally be weighing at least 190lbs+. At 22yo you haven't even tapped into what your body can accomplish without anabolics. But I don't think you would listen anyway.

If you're unsure about your PCT, just have everything on hand "just in case". Better to be safe than sorry bro!

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
40mg is a bit low for var if running solo but I guess it's a good place to start. I'm pretty sure you'll have to up the doseage though, and of course we all know it's VERY expensive to run.

Quick question: at 5'11" and only 175lbs, why are you even considering this run? Just eat more and train heavy! Seriously. You should naturally be weighing at least 190lbs+. At 22yo you haven't even tapped into what your body can accomplish without anabolics. But I don't think you would listen anyway.

If you're unsure about your PCT, just have everything on hand "just in case". Better to be safe than sorry bro!
Thanks bro, I really appreciate your advice and I am Actually going to follow it. I won't be doing this cycle any time soon as a result. Until I reach 195, I guess. Thank you for steering me the right way.

It's just that I work so hard for my gains and it's frustrating not to go up in size when I study weightlifting literature for hours a day and pay such close attention to my training and diet. I doubt I'm alone in that. :happysad:

Still, it would be good if someone could give me the info for future reference.

OklaState

Awards
YOU ARE NOT ALONE, thats why Im doing it. I want to look how I train. I enjoy it so Id like it to show. I plan on being a nutritionist after college.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
I feel your pain, man. Nutritionist, eh? I'm actually also considering that route. I was going to join the British Royal Marines, but considering I'm being tested for diabetes tomorrow that might not work out as I'd imagined...

MidniteGunner

MidniteGunner

Awards
Nolvadex pct at
40/40/30/20 = Roughly 50 20mg tabs
This is a fairly heavy(IMO) pct dose. Not sure what type of PCT is required for your Cycle, but I wouldn't risk not having a SERM. I hear Gyno really sucks. Is Anavar a PH?
If its not A PH or AAS I don't think it should require pct. Would really like to see someone with more Exp weigh in on it. Do you take protien or mass shakes? I always been a hard gainer and 200 -300 gm of protien a day helped me pack on a little more muscle. I'm about 235lbs. Eat like pig and lift like an animal. Best of luck

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Nolvadex pct at
This is a fairly heavy(IMO) pct dose. Not sure what type of PCT is required for your Cycle, but I wouldn't risk not having a SERM. I hear Gyno really sucks. Is Anavar a PH?
If its not A PH or AAS I don't think it should require pct. Would really like to see someone with more Exp weigh in on it. Do you take protien or mass shakes? I always been a hard gainer and 200 -300 gm of protien a day helped me pack on a little more muscle. I'm about 235lbs. Eat like pig and lift like an animal. Best of luck
That's a lot of tamox for a short low dose var run in my opinion.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Nolvadex pct at
Not sure what type of PCT is required for your Cycle, but I wouldn't risk not having a SERM. I hear Gyno really sucks. Is Anavar a PH?
Thanks very much for your response and for my first rep points! :veryhappy: Anavar is classified as an Anabolic steroid. It's an oral steroid that enhances strength to a great degree and to equal lengths, is used by experienced steroid users in cutting cycles to retain mass and assist in leaning out. It doesn't really have any dramatic effect on mass gaining. It is strictly anabolic and not androgenic. This is why I assumed no PCT was necessary, but I've heard it can still cause shutdown. I don't understand this, but I still have a Lot to learn.

It's about as "soft" as AAS get, actually perscribed to children to enhance growth/LBM in some instances, so it's obviously extremely mild. That's why I wanted to try it... I've seen some experienced users refer to a Var only cycle as pointless and that it's for people that don't have the stones to do a real cycle. But hell, I'll openly admit I don't have the b*lls to jump in at the deep end yet.

To answer your question, I do take protein in supplement form. I drink a casein shake at night and a whey protein shake with added amino's post workout. I also drink a mixture of 15g Whey and 15g casein with breakfast. This alongside a load of meats and fish throughout the day. But I'll make sure to up my dosage slightly, thank you again for your advice.

MidniteGunner

MidniteGunner

Awards
That's a lot of tamox for a short low dose var run in my opinion.
That was just to say that 100 tabs of Nolvadex (20mg) is more than enough for one cycle. Please Don't take that as dosing advice, I don't know what proper dosing is for anavar pct.

OklaState

Awards
I feel your pain, man. Nutritionist, eh? I'm actually also considering that route. I was going to join the British Royal Marines, but considering I'm being tested for diabetes tomorrow that might not work out as I'd imagined...
"Did we just become best friends?" You're like my British counterpart? Ever Since I visited Europe, I knew I was supposed to have been born there...

MidniteGunner

MidniteGunner

Awards
Thanks very much for your response and for my first rep points! :veryhappy: Anavar is classified as an Anabolic steroid. It's an oral steroid that enhances strength to a great degree and to equal lengths, is used by experienced steroid users in cutting cycles to retain mass and assist in leaning out. It doesn't really have any dramatic effect on mass gaining. It is strictly anabolic and not androgenic. This is why I assumed no PCT was necessary, but I've heard it can still cause shutdown. I don't understand this, but I still have a Lot to learn.

It's about as "soft" as AAS get, actually perscribed to children to enhance growth/LBM in some instances, so it's obviously extremely mild. That's why I wanted to try it... I've seen some experienced users refer to a Var only cycle as pointless and that it's for people that don't have the stones to do a real cycle. But hell, I'll openly admit I don't have the b*lls to jump in at the deep end yet.

To answer your question, I do take protein in supplement form. I drink a casein shake at night and a whey protein shake with added amino's post workout. I also drink a mixture of 15g Whey and 15g casein with breakfast. This alongside a load of meats and fish throughout the day. But I'll make sure to up my dosage slightly, thank you again for your advice.
Anytime you introduce a chem be it PH or AAS to change your hormone balance it can cause your testes to stop or reduce test production. Pct is the rebalancing of your bodies hormones to natural levels. Without proper Pct you will lose all of the gains you make on cycle. I still very new to this myself, this is just my limited understanding of how things work. Always a good idea to look at the PCT section of this forum lots of good info. On the protein note I've always heard 1-2 grams per lb of body weight per day. All that being said its prob a good idea to wait until your a little older. But to each his own just be safe. Good luck bro

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established

Yep if ur 5'11" and 22yrs old u should weigh 190...or ur not eating and working out right

Where'd u come up w this? Do u not understand the human body very well. More factors contribute then ur age and height lol. They don't even consider that stupid bmi index to b very useful.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
"Did we just become best friends?" You're like my British counterpart? Ever Since I visited Europe, I knew I was supposed to have been born there...
Haha, well if I do end up doing the course then it'll probably be just after Summer. If I do well enough then you could always contact me with any questions. Who knows, maybe we'll sit a seminar together at some point. :thumbsup:

I actually love going to America, man. I am hopefully going to California this Summer. I know, that's not very specific considering that California's bigger than England. Haha

Anytime you introduce a chem be it PH or AAS to change your hormone balance it can cause your testes to stop or reduce test production. Pct is the rebalancing of your bodies hormones to natural levels. Without proper Pct you will lose all of the gains you make on cycle. I still very new to this myself, this is just my limited understanding of how things work. Always a good idea to look at the PCT section of this forum lots of good info. On the protein note I've always heard 1-2 grams per lb of body weight per day. All that being said its prob a good idea to wait until your a little older. But to each his own just be safe. Good luck bro.
Don't sell yourself short, bro. Clearly you know a lot more than I do. Also, you go on to explain what you're saying (while taking a modest approach).
A lot of info on these boards is a bunch of guys stating "fact" with no explanation other than, "just because". Thank you for explaining this to me, it narrows my search with regards to PCT. I will be taking the sensible approach that Kanakafarian mentioned, not to bother with the gear until I've reached my natural threshold. I never had a clear indication of this until now, the 190+ mark seems quite reasonable. Thanks again.

shocknyou

shocknyou

Awards
hey are you guys actually getting real anavar or a clone i thought places like Africa, India and other massive AIDS epidemic centers got all available anavar. if you know where to get the real deal send me a PM of the the spot

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Yep if ur 5'11" and 22yrs old u should weigh 190...or ur not eating and working out right
I don't believe there's a "should" unless you're referring to the right time to 'use'.

If not, you say that at 22 years old I "should" weigh 190, under what circumstances? You'll have to make yourself clear. If I was lifting weights at all? If I was training properly? If I wanted to use AAS? What?

I'm not sure you read the original post very thoroughly. I stated that my diet is in check, my training is in check. I might have only been lifting a short amount of time, but you could at least assume that if I was considering using AAS then I would have had these sorted out first. I'd like to think that I don't come accross as that much of a fool.

Where'd u come up w this? Do u not understand the human body very well. More factors contribute then ur age and height lol. They don't even consider that stupid bmi index to b very useful.
Where did I come up with What? The idea to use? I'm pretty sure that's explained in the original post as well. If you're referring to the Age/Height hypothesis, I didn't come up with that, it was suggested by Kanakafarian and I consider it credible. When it boils down to it, of Course more factors contribute than age and height... Those two are merely an indication of when I'd be approaching my natural threshold. Unless I were genetically gifted, but I've already established that I'm not.

As for Why else I'd opt to use gear so "soon", I figured for something relatively mild like Var you wouldn't necessarily have to wait until you were at your natural prime as it hardly yields dramatic results. To my mind previously, the right time to "use" was when you had your diet and training in check and weren't pleased with your results. Now fortunately, I know better. I Am here to learn after all.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
hey are you guys actually getting real anavar or a clone i thought places like Africa, India and other massive AIDS epidemic centers got all available anavar. if you know where to get the real deal send me a PM of the the spot
I honestly couldn't tell you where to get it local to yourself, mate. I only know of clones that are obtainable near me, not the original. I'm quite sure the real deal isn't in production anymore, I could be wrong, of course.
I hope one of these guys can help you, but I can't.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
OaklaSta, are you seriously 5'11'' and 158lbs? And if so, are you kidding me that you are already considering roids?

KBD

KBD

Awards
  • Established
Why is everyone so scared to run test?

Var alone at 40mg a day is going to be such a useless cycle.

and 5'11? 158lbs??

Dude ur a walking bean pole, u need to eat WAY MORE.

Var is not going to add any weight to you at all dude. You definitely need to get your training and food down before you even consider touching AAS.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Why is everyone so scared to run test?

Var alone at 40mg a day is going to be such a useless cycle.

and 5'11? 158lbs??

Dude ur a walking bean pole, u need to eat WAY MORE.

Var is not going to add any weight to you at all dude. You definitely need to get your training and food down before you even consider touching AAS.
Agreed. Sorry Oklastate my man, but I just checked out one of your posts regarding your diet and you're seriously lacking in the protein department. Start drinking pasteurised egg whites. 100g, 5 times a day. Mix it with whole milk. Try to finish the carton in one day. I don't actually do this myself, but I'm a bit heavier than you. I do however try to drink at least 1 litre of skimmed milk a day.

If you do what I suggested, I think that's roughly 90g of extra protein but don't quote me on that, I don't drink whole milk. This suggestion will already improve your gains, but it's not the solution. You seriously need to start questioning your food.

I know what it's like to struggle with building muscle size, mate. I really don't want to sound like a pr*ck but you wouldn't have such a hard time if you paid closer attention to your diet. I'm going to give you my meal plan, the meals I eat on a daily basis. They're geared towards someone of 165lbs. because that's when I formulated them for myself, when I was that weight. I now eat the same diet, but with larger portions obviously. I'll post it up. I have to warn you though, it's nothing fancy. It's actually quite bland but the important thing is that it delivers.

And once again, this thread is straying from the point. :eek:fftopic:

EDIT: Okay, so I can't post a link because I don't have enough posts to my name.

Go to my profile, view all threads, look for "Clean bulk, 165lbs."

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
I've run an anavar only cycle, was my first oral cycle actually and Test E and anavar cycle. I am currently running a Test E cycle, with some anavar at the beginning and end of cycle.

Contrary to popular belief you don't necessarily need 40-60mg (and up) of anavar to see results; its all dependent upon what your goals are. I use anavar for its fat being properties, specifically its abdominal fat burning properties, and as such I only use 20mg a day. Because anavar is regarded as being the least hepatotoxic of the methylated orals on the market, it can be run much longer then 4-6 weeks. I've run 20mgs of anavar for 10 weeks during my first cycle and had blood work done before and after cycle, my lipid profile was slightly elevated, but nothing to right home about; a 6 week cycle CEL Hdrol elevated my lipid levels more then anavar did. The anti-glucocorticoid properties of anavar are why its my favorite AAS, plus the vascularity you get from it is insane. When I am on it, I fell tight and shredded, like the waters been sucked from my body. The pumps are great and the LBM increase coupled with the correlational strength increase is easy to maintain. Remember the quicker/faster you gain muscle mass, the more easily it will be lost post-cycle, this isn't the case with anavar as all of its induced gains are lean. And the lack of sides is amazing! On my anavar only cycle I ran a PCT with Nolva @ 40/40/30/20.

Check out this thread on AM, it has lots of great information from Seth Roberts and David Dunn. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/128375-why-anavar-burns.html

Anavar is great because its gains are all lean, and this combined with the fat loss, gives the appearance that you are actually gaining more muscle then you actually are. I lost 4% bf (hydrostatic test preformed) on anavar and my lifts all went up, my bench skyrocketed up 35 lbs.

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe there's a "should" unless you're referring to the right time to 'use'.

If not, you say that at 22 years old I "should" weigh 190, under what circumstances? You'll have to make yourself clear. If I was lifting weights at all? If I was training properly? If I wanted to use AAS? What?

I'm not sure you read the original post very thoroughly. I stated that my diet is in check, my training is in check. I might have only been lifting a short amount of time, but you could at least assume that if I was considering using AAS then I would have had these sorted out first. I'd like to think that I don't come accross as that much of a fool.

Where did I come up with What? The idea to use? I'm pretty sure that's explained in the original post as well. If you're referring to the Age/Height hypothesis, I didn't come up with that, it was suggested by Kanakafarian and I consider it credible. When it boils down to it, of Course more factors contribute than age and height... Those two are merely an indication of when I'd be approaching my natural threshold. Unless I were genetically gifted, but I've already established that I'm not.

As for Why else I'd opt to use gear so "soon", I figured for something relatively mild like Var you wouldn't necessarily have to wait until you were at your natural prime as it hardly yields dramatic results. To my mind previously, the right time to "use" was when you had your diet and training in check and weren't pleased with your results. Now fortunately, I know better. I Am here to learn after all.

Jesus christ kid, I was quoting (notice the post quoted in my post!) someone else. In other words, I was saying Where did this guy (NOT YOU) come up with his "you should be 190+ lbs at blah blah" there are many factors that come into play (like you also mentioned), the human body was NOT DESIGNED TO WEIGHT A CERTAIN AMOUNT AT A CERTAIN HEIGHT! Just take a look around at the gym, or how about bodybuilding competitions umm weight classes? lol.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Jesus christ kid, I was quoting (notice the post quoted in my post!) someone else. In other words, I was saying Where did this guy (NOT YOU) come up with his "you should be 190+ lbs at blah blah" there are many factors that come into play (like you also mentioned), the human body was NOT DESIGNED TO WEIGHT A CERTAIN AMOUNT AT A CERTAIN HEIGHT! Just take a look around at the gym, or how about bodybuilding competitions umm weight classes? lol.
Oh right, that's my fault then, man. It's just that I thought you were addressing me with your post, "Yep, at 22 years old..." I didn't mean to come accross as hostile, I just thought you were telling me my nutrition and training were out of wack and I got offended. My apologies for that.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
I've run an anavar only cycle, was my first oral cycle actually and Test E and anavar cycle. I am currently running a Test E cycle, with some anavar at the beginning and end of cycle.

Contrary to popular belief you don't necessarily need 40-60mg (and up) of anavar to see results; its all dependent upon what your goals are. I use anavar for its fat being properties, specifically its abdominal fat burning properties, and as such I only use 20mg a day. Because anavar is regarded as being the least hepatotoxic of the methylated orals on the market, it can be run much longer then 4-6 weeks. I've run 20mgs of anavar for 10 weeks during my first cycle and had blood work done before and after cycle, my lipid profile was slightly elevated, but nothing to right home about; a 6 week cycle CEL Hdrol elevated my lipid levels more then anavar did. The anti-glucocorticoid properties of anavar are why its my favorite AAS, plus the vascularity you get from it is insane. When I am on it, I fell tight and shredded, like the waters been sucked from my body. The pumps are great and the LBM increase coupled with the correlational strength increase is easy to maintain. Remember the quicker/faster you gain muscle mass, the more easily it will be lost post-cycle, this isn't the case with anavar as all of its induced gains are lean. And the lack of sides is amazing! On my anavar only cycle I ran a PCT with Nolva @ 40/40/30/20.
Xerxes, this has cleared up a lot of questions for me. Thanks a lot for this and for the referrals you posted, honestly. Repped.

To further enhance my knowledge, would the Nolva dosage be the same if I Did happen to use Test E with my Anavar?

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
I don't even think nolva will be necessary on var only. My hormone dr. Rarely prescribes to his patients on var. If anything a low dose of armidex during would suffice (probably not necessary either) keep on hand and use if u feel gyno symptomes.

S.K

Awards

I would not run Nolva as my PCT for var.
Clomid or Torem! Along with a natty Test Booster. Personally Nolva I do not like. Do research on the side effects. IMO Nolva = NO BUENO!!!!

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
I would not run Nolva as my PCT for var.
Clomid or Torem! Along with a natty Test Booster. Personally Nolva I do not like. Do research on the side effects. IMO Nolva = NO BUENO!!!!
What would you respond to FitModel's previous post? Agree/disagree? If so, how come?
I've heard similiar things about Nolva as well, that it can cause an Estrogen rebound, although I'm not sure if this still holds true if you taper off.

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
The kind of PCT used for anavar would be contextually dose dependent. Anavar like any other AAS will be suppressive; unless it is run at an extremely low dose like say 10mg ED, and thus not used for muscle building, but weight loss. In fact just 15mg of anavar taken for 5 days time has been shown to be suppressive: http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/84/8/2705

I would personally use a SERM during PCT, Nolva isn't specifically necessary, Clomid or Torem would be fine as well. I use Nolva because it has never let me down in the past. Its better to be safe than sorry. I would also like to state that YES Nolva does have some "nasty side effects," but so does Clomid. Nolva is slightly toxic, but not genotoxic, or DNA altering, as some people erroneously promote.

To further enhance my knowledge, would the Nolva dosage be the same if I Did happen to use Test E with my Anavar?

Firstly thanks for the comments. Secondly, regardless of what cycle you run (anavar or test e + anavar) I would recommend running hCG during your cycle, to help you recover faster during your PCT and to keep "the boys" running properly during your cycle; no one likes shriveled up and atrophied balls! Also I always try to keep an A.I. on hand to use during cycle. If you do a test e + var cycle, definitely keep an A.I. on hand should gyno or estrogen-related symptoms emerge. If you do a var only cycle an A.I. wouldn't be 100% necessary as var doesn't aromatize. However any type of "hormonal shift" within the human body can generate a hormonal imbalance and cause things like gyno or estrogen-related water retention, etc.; so again, if I were you I would keep an A.I. on hand no matter of cycle choice. When "messing" around with your body's hormones I generally err on the side of caution, its better to be safe than woman-like.

Yes, the PCT I laid out, with the Nolva, is usually what I use. Some people use two SERMS during PCT, like a Clomid/Nolva combo, but this is way overkill in my opinion. I've used the 4 week PCT I laid out with a 16 week cycle of test e and var; the var being run from weeks 10-16. Also try incorporating a natural test booster, with some ZMA, in it PCT. Also some Fenugreek and Fadogia Agrestis will help to restore natural test production in conjunction with a SERM and ZMA. HCGenerate by NTBM is a great product that possesses all of these ingredients.

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
What would you respond to FitModel's previous post? Agree/disagree? If so, how come?
I've heard similiar things about Nolva as well, that it can cause an Estrogen rebound, although I'm not sure if this still holds true if you taper off.
Nolva shouldn't cause estrogen-related rebound if tapered properly.

Forgot to mention that creatine used in conjunction with a var cycle is amazing. I used 2-3 grams twice per day, and was extremely swole and had some great pumps.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
When "messing" around with your body's hormones I generally err on the side of caution, its better to be safe than woman-like.
^^ Made me laugh.

Sh*t man, you really really know your stuff. This information is solid gold and will definitely come in handy in the future. THANK YOU! I owe my future safe cycle to all you guys. Especially you, Xerxes.