Clomiphene or Tamoxifen Citrate Powder - AnabolicMinds.com

Clomiphene or Tamoxifen Citrate Powder

1. New Member

Clomiphene or Tamoxifen Citrate Powder

Trying to plan my PCT was going to order this from Custom Nutrition...which should I go with and what daily dosing.

Much appreciated.
    MM

2. Registered User

IMO, Tamoxifen. It will gaurd against gyno when the exogenous hormones leave your body and estrogen is still high. The standard dosing is 40 1st week/40 second week/20 third week/20 fourth week, etc.

There is a couple of threads around here talking about the upping the dosage of tamoxifen citrate to equal certain amounts of tamoxifen. Search around, but I believe it is something like take 1.5 times the amount you want. 40mg tamoxifen = 60 mg tamoxifen citrate, if I remember correctly.
  3. New Member

for 1,4 andro would using nolva be over doing it? it is cheaper using nolva than 6oxo, but would clomid be a better choice than nolva? Thanks
    •   

4. New Member

i never think nolva is overkill IMHO

here is a little post i put on another board, with some info combined from AM...

nolva and clomid are both SERMs (selective estrogen receptor modulators) meaning they both have the same function.
    They both bind to estrogen receptors rendering free estrogen useless. they do not really "shut down" estrogen production, though after having no test in your system after a cycle, the body may not produce anymore. both clomid AND nolva bind at estrogen receptors in the hypothalumus - the hypothalumus then senses a lack of estrogen, since estrogen cannot bind to the hypothalumus. the hypothalumus then produces luteinizing hormone (LH) which triggers the sex organs to produce more sex hormones - in men the testes will produce more testosterone.

In addition - nolva has been proven to work better than clomid in these instances..

http://www.basskilleronline.com/nolvadex_vs_clomid.html

and

Hormonal effects of an antiestrogen, tamoxifen, in normal and oligospermic men.

Vermeulen A, Comhaire F.

The administration of tamoxifen, 20 mg/day for 10 days, to normal males produced a moderate increase in luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), testosterone, and estradiol levels, comparable to the effect of 150 mg of clomiphene citrate (Clomid). However, whereas Clomid produced a decrease in the LH response to LH-releasing hormone (LHRH), no such effect was seen after the administration of tamoxifen. In fact, prolonged treatment (6 weeks) with tamoxifen significantly increased the LH response to LHRL. Treatment of patients with "idiopathic" oligospermia for 6 to 9 months resulted in a significant increase in gonadotropin, testosterone, and estradiol levels. A significant increase in sperm density was observed only in subjects with oligospermia below 20 X 10(6)/ml and normal basal FSH levels. When basal FSH levels were increased or oligospermia was moderate (greater than 20 X 10(6)/ml); no effect on sperm density was seen. As sperm density increased, FSH levels decreased, suggesting an inhibin effect. Sperm motility was not improved by tamoxifen treatment. In five boys with delayed puberty, tamoxifen treatment appeared to activate the pituitary-gonadal axis and pubertal development.

Similar Forum Threads

1. PCT: Clomiphene VS Tamoxifen Citrate
    By zawinfi1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-01-2012, 10:31 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 10:44 PM
  3. Tamoxifen / Clomiphede Citrate Powder...
    By kwyckemynd00 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 02:40 AM