Why Quad Soreness After Tren Injection?

bt4ever

Banned
Awards
Does anyone know how to prevent or minimize soreness in your quads after a tren injection? The tren is 100mg/ml made from a universalkits conversion. I don't get the soreness in the glutes when I do the injection there. I am adding 1cc of B12 to the injection. I need to know something since I have to rotate injection sites due to eod injections. The quads will be coming back around on the rotation next Tuesday. I am currently rotating between both glutes and quads.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Are your quads "big" enough to take 2cc easily? I know that puttin that much volume into mine can cause some discomfort for me for a couple days.

ManBeast

Cannons

Awards
Could be a number of things actually. You may have knicked a nerve or a blood vessel, that will cause some soreness (notice I said knicked a nerve, you'll know if you hit one dead on!). Also, some people just experience soreness from shooting in the quads, some don't. You may be one of those who experience the pain. If its not too much to bear, just take a couple of aspirin or something to that effect, if its to unbearable, find a new place to inject. Just my 2 cents bro.

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
im limping from my tren/prop injections for a few days each time. not fun. i've found that if i just bite the bullet and grind out my leg workouts, it feels tons better... cardio seems to help at the time, but the next day it hurt 10x worse...

advil kinda, just takes the edge of a little..

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
i would recommend against advil for the following reason. advil is an NSAID.

NSAID's, there is some evidence, is problematic for weight trainers as they interfere with the response to training. iow, to put it simply, by cutting down the inflammation response, they cut into gains from training, which as the russians rightly say, training IS an irritant

for pain relief, i would stay away from NSAID. opiates even , or non-NSAID analgesics are a better option for weight trainers

from a medical text:

NSAID’s work mainly by preventing the formation of prostaglandins, hormone-like substances which trigger pain and inflammation. Prostaglandins are produced within the body's cells by the enzyme cyclooxygenase (Cox). In 1989 scientists discovered that there are two varieties of the Cox enzyme - which came to be known as COX-1 and COX-2. COX-1 is continuously secreted within the stomach and duodenum, and is important for maintaining a healthy stomach lining, normal kidney function and the clotting action of blood platelets. In contrast, the COX-2 enzyme is primarily found at sites of inflammation.

translation: NSAID are not good for weigh trainers.

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
theres people who chronically take NSAID's who don't seem to suffer from muscle wasting. yes, anecdotal, but I'm sure you've seen this too.

if you're really worried about it, take the NSAID after you workout.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
i never said they would suffer from muscle wasting. i am saying that evidence supports the idea that NSAIDs decrease the hypertrophy response TO training, which means less gains over a given unit of time

it is, at worst, a valid theory.

i do not see how taking NSAIDs "after training" would elminate the effect. are you claiming that prostoglandins etc. don't exist AFTER training?

that is nonsensical

this is not about NSAIDs meaning you won't gain strength or size. it is about them DECREASING same. iow, that you would get a greater strength/size response from training WITHOUT THEM

and when there are alternative drugs to NSAIDS that do NOT have a negative effect on hypertrophy/strength gains, it is ridiculous for a weight trainer to take NSAIDs

most training advice is about optimizing results.

for example, on will not get "muscle wasting" on an insufficient amount of protein vs. an optimal amount

one will get LESS results.

who wants to decrease the results of training?

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
i do not see how taking NSAIDs "after training" would elminate the effect. are you claiming that prostoglandins etc. don't exist AFTER training?

that is nonsensical
No I didn't say prostoglandins don't exist after training. PG starting up protein synthesis is limited to a relatively short timeframe post-workout, though.

PGs have been shown to modulate skeletal muscle protein metabolism as well as inflammation and pain. In nonskeletal muscle tissues, the over the counter analgesic drugs ibuprofen and acetaminophen function through suppression of PG synthesis. We previously reported that ibuprofen and acetaminophen inhibit the normal increase in skeletal muscle protein synthesis after high intensity eccentric resistance exercise. The current study examined skeletal muscle PG levels in the same subjects to further investigate the mechanisms of action of these drugs in exercised skeletal muscle. Twenty-four males (25 +/- 3 yr) were assigned to 3 groups that received the maximal over the counter dose of ibuprofen (1200 mg/d), acetaminophen (4000 mg/d), or a placebo after 10-14 sets of 10 eccentric repetitions at 120% of concentric 1 repetition maximum using the knee extensors. Preexercise and 24 h postexercise biopsies of the vastus lateralis revealed that the exercise-induced change in PGF(2alpha) in the placebo group (77%) was significantly different (P < 0.05) from those in the ibuprofen (-1%) and acetaminophen (-14%) groups. However, the exercise-induced change in PGE(2) in the placebo group (64%) was only significantly different (P < 0.05) from that in the acetaminophen group (-16%). The exercise-induced changes in PGF(2alpha) and PGE(2) were not different between the ibuprofen and acetaminophen groups. These results suggest that ibuprofen and acetaminophen have a comparable effect on suppressing the normal increase in PGF(2alpha) in human skeletal muscle after eccentric resistance exercise, which may profoundly influence the anabolic response of muscle to this form of exercise.
Look at the doses they used, pretty high huh? Too bad they haven't done any studies using lower doses, that I could find anyways..

They continually say AFTER resistance exercise, which from reading articles on pg's made me think their inhibition after workout wouldn't be a big deal.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
i have never said it was a big deal. it is simply a "deal". why anybody would take a drug that has negative effects on weight training response when they can take another drug that doesn't is beyond me.

it's ridiculous, and it's that simple

bt4ever

Banned
Awards
Thanks for the responses. I took another quad injection yesterday and I cut the amount from 2cc to 1cc and I have not experienced near as much soreness as I usually did. Don't get me wrong, still some soreness but more bearable than before. I didn't even add B12 to the injection this time either.

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
i have never said it was a big deal. it is simply a "deal". why anybody would take a drug that has negative effects on weight training response when they can take another drug that doesn't is beyond me.

it's ridiculous, and it's that simple

yeah i agree don't take it if you can help it.. but it's not a huge deal if you do want to take some advil. what other drug could he take, btw? i can't think of an easily obtainable opiate that doesn't have a NSAID paired with it.

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
Are your quads "big" enough to take 2cc easily? I know that puttin that much volume into mine can cause some discomfort for me for a couple days.

ManBeast
Is there a list anywhere that tells the muscle and the approximate amount of liquid that can be injected into said muslce? I know this will vary for everyone, but there must be an average.

bigmark1972

Board Supporter
Awards
I think the solvent used in some kits causes tissue nucrosis. I did a 12 wk tren cyle with ED injections and I ended up having to use virtually every injection site to keep the nucrosis down to a minimum. Other gear does not seem to do this, and I think the solvent used to dissolve the pellets it to blame.

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
I have tren/prop in the same bottle and I've had to inject practically everywhere to give my sites enough rest to recuperate. I must say the worst place so far was the second time I put 1cc in each delt.

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have been dealing with that same issue, inject in quads, and 1 day later,

stiff and sore for a couple of days...they are now getting used to it, and putting a heatingpad, for
20 minutes or so after inject seems to help.

peace

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I guess that you guys haven't injected prop before.. I know all the tren I have made was damn smooth..

bigmark1972

Board Supporter
Awards
I have injected plenty of prop, it hurts also but it is a different type of pain. When I was shooting tren every day after about 6wks I could actually hear the pin "crunching" through the muscle it was like the tissue was hard or something. After a few months that went away but it was hard to even get the pin into a few spots.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
How many sites were you rotating through? Sounds like some scar tissue buildup.

ManBeast

bigmark1972

Board Supporter
Awards
I agree but it went away after the cycle. I was using pretty much everything except bi's and traps. I can't turn around to shoot my glutes so I was using quads/delts/tris/pecs/calves. Bi's hurt like hell for me when I stick'em, especially with tren. 12 week cycles with ED inject get real old real fast lol I wish someone would come out with a trenbolone cypionate kit.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
That does sound like scar tissue formation..

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think the solvent used in some kits causes tissue nucrosis. I did a 12 wk tren cyle with ED injections and I ended up having to use virtually every injection site to keep the nucrosis down to a minimum. Other gear does not seem to do this, and I think the solvent used to dissolve the pellets it to blame.
You'd better hope you didn't have tissue necrosis, that means the tissue is dying.. BA in excessive amounts can cause this, btu I doubt you'll find gear with that much BA in the concentration..

bigmark1972

Board Supporter
Awards
You'd better hope you didn't have tissue necrosis, that means the tissue is dying.. BA in excessive amounts can cause this, btu I doubt you'll find gear with that much BA in the concentration..
Yeah, I know this that is why I am blaming the solvent used for breaking up the pellets. As far as I know everything is fine now injects go nicely with no crunchies at all, but it has been 3 years since that cycle.