hard gainer needs prohormone advice

just030

Awards
I've been working out for several years, but seriously only for the past 2 years. Have seen decent gains considering, from 160lbs to 179lbs. But I've plateaued.

I'm a hard gainer, naturally slender. 29 years old, 6' tall, 179lbs, 16.7% bodyfat. Looking for an oral prohormone cycle that can help me reduce bodyfat while building muscle. Have an awesome trainer and a great diet, but need more...

Can anyone give any advice?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IDK bud, your stats don't sound like you're doing everything right...

my advice, start researching the nutrition and training sections of the forum before you consider running steroids.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I've been working out for several years, but seriously only for the past 2 years. Have seen decent gains considering, from 160lbs to 179lbs. But I've plateaued.

I'm a hard gainer, naturally slender. 29 years old, 6' tall, 179lbs, 16.7% bodyfat. Looking for an oral prohormone cycle that can help me reduce bodyfat while building muscle. Have an awesome trainer and a great diet, but need more...

Can anyone give any advice?
have you discussed this with your trainer? If youre paying him , he needs to take more of an interest in you .Between you discuss your frustration and see if he can take yourtraining . diet in a different direction.Paying him or not , i would suggest an open discussion with your trainer first.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
My guess is you need to eat more. Small gains are the price you pay to stay lean. Boost your calorie intake to that of a gorilla and you'll find it much easier to gain muscle.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hard gainer @ 17% bodyfat = bad eater. put out a day or twos worth of what you eat for us to check out.

youngguns555

Awards
Throw up a pic and lets us judge your build. There is no reason in doing aas if you have that high of bf.

just030

Awards
Hard gainer @ 17% bodyfat = bad eater. put out a day or twos worth of what you eat for us to check out.
here's a sample day's diet. i actually stick pretty well to it, with the exception of maybe one meal on the weekend.

photo coming...

breakfast (Kashi go lean, skim milk, banana, yogurt, OJ)
Calories 491
Sugars 65.43
Carbs 95.5
Fats 3.99
Protein 29.19

morning snack (yogurt, granola)
Calories 420
Sugars 24
Carbs 56
Fats 13.5
Protein 18

lunch (chicken wrap w/avocado, tomato, spinach, blk beans)
Calories 379.3
Sugars 5.029
Carbs 44.245
Fats 12.6
Protein 40.75

afternoon snack (turkey sandwich & cottage cheese)
Calories 356
Sugars 11.5
Carbs 40.646
Fats 8.506
Protein 31.03

dinner (chicken breast & brown rice)
Calories 350
Sugars 0
Carbs 39
Fats 5.5
Protein 28

evening snack (apple w/ peanut butter)
Calories 445
Sugars 19
Carbs 31
Fats 32
Protein 16

Total
Calories 2441.3
Sugars 124.959
Carbs 306.391
Fats 76.096
Protein 162.97

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Although not a totally terrible diet, its not great. Its a little high on carbs, and a little low on protein and healthy fats. Also, its not a "gainer" diet, I only weigh around 10lbs more than you and i'd expect to lose more than a pound a week eating that much. I'd be a good 1000 calories more than that if I was aggressively trying to gain.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
Although not a totally terrible diet, its not great. Its a little high on carbs, and a little low on protein and healthy fats. Also, its not a "gainer" diet, I only weigh around 10lbs more than you and i'd expect to lose more than a pound a week eating that much. I'd be a good 1000 calories more than that if I was aggressively trying to gain.
My thoughts exactly.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
you probably could cheat a little to get the calories in , one or two days a week , Maybe treat yourself to a chocolate sundae or cream cake - it shouldnt hurt especially if you eat them around training.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree! this looks like a mens health diet for losing weight...

but, there's way too much sugar in there :(

swap the sugary stuff out for some more complex carbs...ww pasta, oats, quinoa (I think I spelled that right), etc. get some more quality protein...add some red meat and eggs in there too!

once you make some adjustments and boost your diet to 3500 to 4000 cal you'll start gaining some mass.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
you need more dead animals...

you need more oatmeal and bread

you need hamburgers and steaks ALL THE TIME.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
you need more dead animals...

you need more oatmeal and bread

you need hamburgers and steaks ALL THE TIME.

X2, X2

FOOD>FOOD>FOOD

Once you weigh 192-194 ask again, the response will be different.:friday:

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hope you don't harm your body for gains till you get your training and diet down. Honestly you have only gained a years worth of gains forbulking 20-24 lbs of mass is possible in a year of bucking. So with that in mind you'd risk damaging your body for half rate gains. Also there's nothing as a hard gainer. Just people who need to eat more. I though i was a hard gainer wheb I started but 4000 calories chaged that excuse :)

If you need any diet help or anything pm me your email and we can talk. Either way man your gains stop you push as hard as you can. They still are stuck you eat 500more cals they don't start going up still you eat more. Repeat till your huge.

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
Just to echo what everyone else is saying, eat more food! You can't get big AND stay lean, that's why we bulk then cut. Trust me, this is coming from a guy who had to eat TWO greasy footlong Subs for lunch today just to make sure he got his calories in. If you need to get hungrier, maybe try either Controlled Labs' Black Hole or USPlabs' Anabolic Pump. I can personally vouch for the Anabolic Pump. It FORCED me to eat complex carbs (or else it will make you start to feel hypo). If I had been better about my protein intake on my last run of it I imagine I would have pushed my weight gain on it a bit. It's also nice because it helps curtail fat gain to some extent when it comes to carbs.

If I remember correctly, some of the ingredients in Black Hole are supposed to act in your brain similarly to pot, so that you basically get the munchies. As long as you're aware of what you're eating, it could help you push your calories high enough to see some serious gains.

Also, as others have said, it might be time to review your workout regimen with your trainer. When I entered HS, I was already 6'2" and weighed about 5-10 lbs less than you, with about the same bodyfat. I trained RELIGIOUSLY because I became a football player sophomore year, ate a TON of food (my post-workout after saturday weights and cardio was a big shake with two scoops of icecream, two scoops of weigh, a ton of peanut butter, and a banana), and by the time I was a Senior my stat card read 220 lbs. I was higher bodyfat than I am now, but I was fast and I could move the weights.

All that to say, YOU CAN DO IT!