Is storebought cottonseed oil sterile?

Rock Lee

Awards
I know it's not USP grade, but is it considered sterile? If it's not is there anything that can be done to it at home to sterilize it?

BTW, I know Le Melange has USP grade, but I already have an unopened bottle of cottonseed oil at the house for some reason and was curious if I could use it with no adverse side effects or anything. :p

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
I know it's not USP grade, but is it considered sterile? If it's not is there anything that can be done to it at home to sterilize it?

BTW, I know Le Melange has USP grade, but I already have an unopened bottle of cottonseed oil at the house for some reason and was curious if I could use it with no adverse side effects or anything. :p
If you're planning on using it for an injectable, it doesn't really matter if it's sterile cuz you're prolly gonna filter and bake the final product anyway.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
of COURSE IT IS NOT STERILE

it is a food product.

food products are not (not any that i can think of) designed to be, tested for, expected to be, or processed such that, they are sterile

as the other poster pointed out, you can MAKE it sterile, but to even ask if a food product, designed to be taken ORALLY is sterile makes me think you need to do a LOT more research before trying to make an injectable ANYTHING

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
wow jjjd.. tells how you really feel ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DerickVonD Nutrition / Health 2
Anabolics 0