Hypertrophy specific PH use? (loaded question)

Danson

Awards
I'm wondering about different training styles while on cycle and their benefits and/or drawbacks off cycle. Obviously keeping your gains is the tough part of PH use, so what's the best way to do that?

For my cycle I'm considering going balls-out hypertrophy, not focusing too much on strength gains as opposed to size gains. Is it easier or harder to keep gains this way? I'm referring to rep ranges of 12-15 for most everything. Basically, is it harder to keep size or strength during PCT?

I'm mostly hoping to put on a lot of quality size rather than get stronger, so any feedback on this issue is appreciated.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Basically, is it harder to keep size or strength during PCT?
For me personally I can keep most of my size with a good PCT and if i keep eating and training right, but my strength generally takes a hit, i'm never quite as strong as when i'm in the middle of a nice cycle.

Danson

Awards
That's what I figured, it makes sense that strength gains will be through the roof and difficult to maintain simply because it's "unnatural" strength. Is going for a higher rep range routine for hypertrophy going to actually achieve that goal better than lower reps? Obviously one of the main benefits of PH use is the strength, so I'm curious whether or not I'll be taking full advantage of the cycle if I'm not pushing the limits of my strength, if that makes any sense.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That's what I figured, it makes sense that strength gains will be through the roof and difficult to maintain simply because it's "unnatural" strength. Is going for a higher rep range routine for hypertrophy going to actually achieve that goal better than lower reps? Obviously one of the main benefits of PH use is the strength, so I'm curious whether or not I'll be taking full advantage of the cycle if I'm not pushing the limits of my strength, if that makes any sense.
I 'm not a big fan of light weight higher reps i can't speak for everyone but i believe my body responds better with heavy weight and i lean more toward the 5-8 rep range. When bench for example i start off lighter and bang out a few warm up sets with higher reps, but then i go progressively heavier and generally i'll keep lowering my rep count every set. Some days i'll get down to reps of 3 and once in awhile i'll max out., but that's just how i do it.