Let's end the broscience! How long between cycles?

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys-

The bros have been telling us how long we should go between cycles for a long time. It seems the current standard is length of cycle+ PCT. Most of us know that there really isn't any medical backing for this, but I've decided to finally ask the hard question. How long should we ACTUALLY wait between cycles?

The broscience suggestion doesn't make much sense if you think about it. Let's compare two cycles:

a)
H-drol 50/75/75/75/75/75/0/0/0/0
Nolva 0/0/0/0/0/0/20/20/10/10

total: 10 weeks

and
b)
Super 20/20/20/0/0/0/0
Nolva 0/0/0/40/30/20/10

total: 7 weeks

As can be seen, going off what the bros have taught us, you should take 10 weeks off after a mild h-drol cycle with a low dose Nolva PCT, but only 7 after a superdrol cycle with a harsher PCT. This makes no sense whatsoever. Even with a solid PCT, the fact is that the body would have less work to return to homeostasis in all aspects with the H-drol cycle than it would with the Superdrol.

Let's just assume that someone got bloodwork done two weeks after each of those cycles, and thanks to proper planning and PCT, they came back clean. How long before it would be safe for them to go on cycle again? Even with good hormone levels, it seems that a little time off would be good for the liver, but beyond that it's hard to say. My knowledge on this subject is very limited, which is why I seek guidance from you, my brothers in muscle.

Many thanks,

DYEGYE

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You just answered your own question. If pre-cycle blood values have returned, then you're clear.

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
You just answered your own question. If pre-cycle blood values have returned, then you're clear.
That's what I thought when I was looking into this. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't making improper assumptions. So, the moral of the story:

GET BLOODWORK!

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
That's what I thought when I was looking into this. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't making improper assumptions. So, the moral of the story:

GET BLOODWORK!
Thats it. Full hormone panel and liver function test is really all you need. If body is naturally functioning where it was precycle then you should be good. But don't rely completely on being on cycle. You should be able to make gains naturally and use gear to get thru plateaus.

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
Thats it. Full hormone panel and liver function test is really all you need. If body is naturally functioning where it was precycle then you should be good. But don't rely completely on being on cycle. You should be able to make gains naturally and use gear to get thru plateaus.
I'm not so much taking this from the standpoint of what I personally need to do. I just got tired of hearing people who were saying things like "I'm gonna run this (insert potent compound here), PCT with formadrol, take a month off, then run this other compound, etc". The definitive answer here is what has just been said. I guess I was asking simply because I felt that something needed to be said regarding whether one could safely do back-to-back cycles from time to time. Big pharma messes with us enough as it is, the last thing we want is for them to get more of our money from everyone being on TRT! lol

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not so much taking this from the standpoint of what I personally need to do. I just got tired of hearing people who were saying things like "I'm gonna run this (insert potent compound here), PCT with formadrol, take a month off, then run this other compound, etc". The definitive answer here is what has just been said. I guess I was asking simply because I felt that something needed to be said regarding whether one could safely do back-to-back cycles from time to time. Big pharma messes with us enough as it is, the last thing we want is for them to get more of our money from everyone being on TRT! lol
but the fact is that most guys don't do complete bloodwork including lipids and full metabolic panel pre + post cycle, so giving an easy to calculate length of time is the best you can do.

And honestly too, do you know that the low dose halo cycle will be any less suppressive or mess up cholesterol levels less than the shorter superdrol cycle? no, you cant be sure without the bloodwork. You may broscience think it would be lighter, but length of time on has significant effect too.

youngguns555

Awards
h drol is just as suppressive and just as harsh. I have had worse cholesterol and liver values from an hdrol cycle than a low does mdrol cycle.

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
but the fact is that most guys don't do complete bloodwork including lipids and full metabolic panel pre + post cycle, so giving an easy to calculate length of time is the best you can do.

And honestly too, do you know that the low dose halo cycle will be any less suppressive or mess up cholesterol levels less than the shorter superdrol cycle? no, you cant be sure without the bloodwork. You may broscience think it would be lighter, but length of time on has significant effect too.
h drol is just as suppressive and just as harsh. I have had worse cholesterol and liver values from an hdrol cycle than a low does mdrol cycle.

SHOOT!!! THE BROS HAVE INVADED MY MIND!!!

Here I am trying to end broscience, and it's become so ipso-facto that I'm using it in my argument.
:redeemerwhore:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:D So yep, without accurate pre cycle, end of cycle, end of PCT and 30 days after PCT bloodwork its impossible to be sure. And given that full metabolic panel plus lipids, and the hormones you really need to watch runs around $300 or so, it just doesn't happen. Heck from the cheapest place i've found it just getting your PSA levels is over $100