First Self injection trouble!

fkasbar

Awards
Hey guys,

I'm currently on my first cycle of Test E 250 and Masteron 100.
For the past 3 weeks I have been getting biweekly shots in the glutes through a friend (Mondays and Thursdays.)

I now want to increase my dosage of Masteron to 4-500 mgs a week as I've read on many forums is the recommended dose.

My friend isn't available to shoot me 4-5 times a week so I decided to do so myself as there has to be a time where I learn how to do it; one way or another.

I loaded up the syringe with 1 cc of the Masteron and tried shooting it in my right quad. My needles are 22gauge 1.5 inch needles and I was planning on stopping at the 1 inch range with the needle and injecting there.
I suppose I went to far in and felt a good amount of pain. I put down the needle and went to go pick up another.

I loaded a new needle and attempted again in my left quad. I felt a different pain and saw some blood drip, I assumed I hit a vessel and pulled out....out of frustration I quickly moved location about an inch or an inch and a half on the same quad, used the same needle and went in again, same thing blood came out again. I didn't want to do anything stupider than I just did so I put the syringe aside and called it a day.

My question is should I be worried of any infections or problems? Especially because I pricked the same quad an inch away from original prick with the same needle...? And if so, what steps should I take to minimize/treat it?

I am here with open ears, so please any thing you can throw at me would help, I greatly appreciate your time.

Fkasbar,

Edit: Neither time did I inject anything, simply the needle put in, first time it went in about half of an inch, maybe 3/4's tops. Second time only about a quarter of an inch to half of an inch made its way in, if this means anything,

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Obvious suggestion is to use some neosporin or alcohol wipe over the areas once or twice a day for 2 or 3 days. If its not swollen or feverish in 3 days I'd guess you have nothing to worry about bro. No experience with pinning but research has led me to believe infection is usually fast acting.

fkasbar

Awards
Thanks for the reply J, all help and advice is greatly appreciated. I would be more so worried that the infection would occur underneath the skin however? Do you see the neosporin/alcohol helping in that case?

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's normal to see some blood.

You can use a 25g needle for your injections bro. I have 22g needles for drawing the oil lol. Inject very slow, leave the needle in for a little bit don't take it out right away or you could lose oil, and when you take it out, press on the injection site with an alcohol swab and your finger tips as hard as you can for about 1 minute. I have heard this prevents some kind of muscle bleeding which causes soreness.

I doubt you will get an infection but always have some anti-biotics on hand anyways for worst case sceneries.

EDIT: and at 5'11" and 162 lbs, eating a sh*t ton of food will put weight on you naturally. I don't see the reason for steroids.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply J, all help and advice is greatly appreciated. I would be more so worried that the infection would occur underneath the skin however? Do you see the neosporin/alcohol helping in that case?
You will feel it, it may be sore, but if its infected it will more than likely be damn near unbearable. Also as the above poster recommended eat eat eat.

fkasbar

Awards
Yea, I've read the proper needle to use is a 25g 1" but I didn't have them at hand today and I didn't want to miss the shot. I let my foolishness and impatience get the best of me.

Chocolate; Thanks for the detailed instructions as to the proper method, I don't know what it was, all my glute shots went in so smoothely and when it came to me self administering quad shots I put the needle in very slowly and started panicking when I felt it was becoming harder to push in. Through the nervouseness at this point I'm unsure if I might have been tightining up my quad because of panic. In quad shots do you recommend going in slow with the needle or a quick easy in - thats how my glute shots usually are.

I will definitely go out for anti-biotics just incase. Shouldn't begin taking them until like J said the pain becomes unbearable?

I made my account quite a while ago, and didn't even remember putting in my stats to be honest lol. Currently weighing 174 with 6% bf precycle. Been working out consistantly for 2 years or so, 1 and a half of those years being a trainer at a gym, so I get vigorous training in. I have been gaining weight through my diet and training, but I was looking for that edge with the gear.
Thank you all so much for all the advice, it means so much to me;

Fkasbar

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're most likely not going to get an infection bro. Don't take any anti-B's just have them on hand in case. And you can put in the needle medium speed don't have to go slow. I meant inject the oil into the muscle very slowly once the needle is in.

You can sit on a bed with your back against the wall to keep your quad very relaxed. Try not to move it at all.

And you should get a 25g needle for the injections. Use the 22's to draw.

fkasbar

Awards
Chocolate, you have been very kind and helpful, believe me it's nice to find people so considerate of others online, it definitely is comforting to be able to discuss gear with experienced users.

You were clear about injecting the oil slowly, I dont believe I found the best way to word it in my last post, but I was referring to the needle and the initial IM penetration.

I must have been tense, because at one point it really felt like the needle needed too much pressure to go in any more; as though it was stuck. I did it sitting down on a chair leaning forward with my leg extended but bent about 30° from a full extension.

The 22 gauge is definitely thick and hurts my quads, hoping the 25g will go in a little smoother. Would a 25g 1" work for my glute shots as well?

Also I'm assuming it's smart as well as necessary to throw away the 1cc of masteron I have in that syringe, and not safe to use with a replacement needle? I'm assuming with the syringe being exposed to two needles and 3 attempts already, as well as being out and then stored the gear is probably unsterile by now?

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Np bro. If it was me, I would probably still use the 1 cc of Mast lol not reason to let it go to waste. You can push out the tiniest amount if you want to and the rest is good for sure. Just keep it stored in the syringe.

Pull the plunger down to suck all the Mast out of the needle tip so theres lots of air in there holding upside down, attach replacement and shoot.

You are very lean, I think 25g 1" would work on your glutes but get 25g 1.5" just to be sure and don't go all the way down though. 1.5" is better for the glutes. 1" will definitely do for your quads.

control101

Awards
Bro, first man 22g is a little thick for injections you might consider 25g if you can get ahold of them. That could be part of the reason your bleeding, that needle is quite a bit thicker than a 25g. Secondly, I use 1.5" pins and when I stick it in its almost all the way to the end, leave like..maybe a centimeter out of your thigh/glutes the rest is fine, your not going to hit anything unless you have extreme chicken legs. Third, the reason you probably felt a twinge is the fact that the needle is pretty thick, so your putting a decent sized hole in your leg which obviously has a tendency to tear up the muscle where you insert creating pain. When you stick the needle in you NEED (absolutely must) aspirate, that will tell you if you are injecting into your bloodstream. Aspirating is when you enter the pin into your leg and then once its in there you want to pull back on the plunger until you see air bubble come in, if you see air bubbles go for the shoot, if you see blood, pull the pin out, shoot the blood out of the needle and whats in the syringe, change needles and give it another go. A little blood at the injection site after you pull out (a couple drops/beads) is completely ok as long as you aspirate to make sure you aren't shooting IV. I've even had a little blood come out while the needle was in, as long as you Aspirate the needle you will be OKAY. If you hit a vessel you will probably feel it, I know for a fact ive pierced right through them before, but as long as you dont get blood in your needle when you aspirate your good to go. In fact with that gauge I would expect a couple beads of blood after pulling it out.

It's good to be concerned about the pain/blood but you have to remember you ARE sticking a sharp foreign object into your leg, there is a little pain associated with that, but you should become used to it. Inserting 3 times in fear is worse than inserting once aspirating and shooting it. As far as shooting goes, the general rule of thumb that I follow is a CC/1ml no faster than 15 seconds. With that big of needle you can probably empty 2ml in 10-15 seconds, I suggest you take it slow b/c that will create the least muscle trama. Either way welcome to the real world, most of us dont have friends shooting us up, you should be shooting yourself so you know everything is getting done correctly. Dont worry about the Abio, I highly doubt your going to get an infection, if you feel like you want them just in case go for it. You will be just fine. If you have any other questions feel free to ask i'll be glad to help. Take it easy!

fkasbar

Awards
I don’t know why anyone who is using gear for the first time doesn’t sign up to AM first and read and ask on this board. You all are extremely considerate and very helpful, especially for a first timer, you are offering a lot of knowledge that you don't necessarily find the right comfort simply reading online; as a pose to conversation with another user.
@Chocolate
Hey, as long as you say its sterile then I'm keeping it in my drawer until I get those 25gauges in! I'll do as you recommended Choco, getting the 25g 1" syringes with needles and extra 25g/1.5" for glutes, are those ok to draw with from the vial as well? I still have some 22g/1.5 to leave to drawing otherwise, and I can pick more up.
@Control101
As I've read and heard from many at this point the 22gauges were too thick, I am definitely going to get my hands on a good amount of 25g. I just didn't want to miss the shot, and thought I'd give it a try, as the 22 in the glutes wasn't near as bad as it turned out in my quads. Yes I am familiar with aspirating and made sure when others shot me in my glutes that they did so before putting anything in! It might have just been the needle gauge along with it being a bit longer, my legs would probably take a 1" well, second guessing with the 1.5 is going to leave me unsure again like my last failed attempts  I'd be concerned about either not being in enough, or being in too much. Is aspirating the only thing I really need to worry about once the needle is in an inch or more? Am I sure to be injecting in the right spot as long as there is no blood
It must have just been the gauge of the needle that caused the blood to drip, but that didn't come out until after I pulled out; I just felt uneasy about where the needle was, I hope it was just a combination of the 22g being too big and panicking as it was my first time self administering and that next time with the 25gauge I will be able to successfully administer my shots.
Yea, I really believe my first insertion would have been fine, until I kept going and felt the twinge and panicked. I should have just shot it when it was just over an inch in.
I definitely know to take it slow usually my glute shots are about 30 seconds being 2cc just hitting the ball with what you said.
I guess I will learn to find that sweet spot with practice and next time just as its in an inch, aspirate and shoot, and be confident that it will be shot in the right place!
Thanks for the write ups and help guys.
I appreciate all your time and consideration!

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
im thinking a 22 for pinning would hurt a bit

control101

Awards
@fkasbar
I mean as long as you pick a good meaty portion of your quads on the lateral side of it you shouldnt be able to even go 'too deep' with a 1.5", and definitely not in the glutes. The only place id use a 1" is in the delts. As long as your 'in' the muscle when you inject it doesnt matter much how deep you are (obviously within reason, you dont want to be like... 1/4 inch below skin level is all haha) As far as the right spot goes, I'd suggest just checking out an intramuscular injection chart on images.google.com and look at the spots that are recommended to nurses and that. But yeah as long as you get air in the syringe when you aspirate your good to shoot, if your in the muscle belly then it doesnt matter 'where' the insertion is as long as your away from major arteries and stuff like that..which is why they suggest the glutes..lateral side of the delts..and later side of the quads. Check out an IM chart like I said it'll give you a much better idea. But that first pin by yourself definitely gets your nerves up, just do what I recommend and you'll be alright. Aspiration being the key, keep your needle between 1 and 1.5 inches below skin level and your good to go after you check out the chart. There's also some youtube videos that you could check out as well that might ease your nerves. But like I said previously, blood after pulling out the needles (as long as its a couple drops) is perfectly normal, no worries my man! Take it easy!

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Contol he can use 1" for his quads he is 6% bf. Doesn't really matter though I guess 1.5" can be used for most areas just gauge how deep you go.

Kasbar use 22g to draw if you need more needles get more do not reuse.

fkasbar

Awards
@control101,
Thanks for all the advice! I did look at a few different sites dedicated to self IM injections and some youtube video's before hand, and actually got very excited to do it and waited all day to get the opportunity to, then when the needle was an inch above my quad things changed haha.
I can't wait for my 25g 1inch to come in, I made an order tonight. I have a glute shot tomorrow, that’s going to be a 22g 1.5 like it has been >_> but really looking forward to the 25g and hopefully seeing an ease in difficulties penetrating!
Thanks for all the tips and comfort, I am definitely going to have an easier time self administering when those 25g are in, armed with all the info and feedback I have gathered from you guys! Until then I'm not trying again with another 22g lol, glutes only! And my friend can take care of that tomorrow, I think I should stick my quads first before I add the discomfort of finding a good position and twist on a self administered shot!
@Chocolate
100 22g/1.5 and 100 25g/1" on their way!