Androgel Suggestion/Help

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  247 lbs.
    Answers

Androgel Suggestion/Help

Hello everyone
    As you can see, I am new to this forum.
    I was hoping to get some assitance regarding the use of Androgel. I was previously prescribed the product and used it for a period of 2 months, however, had to stop due to a life change/move. I am wanting to restart as I have some original sealed botttles, but they are a bit past their expiratation date (most expired 8/2010). I'm guessing that if anything, the product may have degraded a bit. I contacted Abbott labs hoping for some information regarding stability, shelf life, etc. but no luck. FYI-the bottles have been stored at a consistant temperature asside from a 6hr period during my move when external temps rose to 110F (interior of car around 80).

Any suggestions?
    I greatly appreciate your input

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
    Hello everyone
    As you can see, I am new to this forum.
    I was hoping to get some assitance regarding the use of Androgel. I was previously prescribed the product and used it for a period of 2 months, however, had to stop due to a life change/move. I am wanting to restart as I have some original sealed botttles, but they are a bit past their expiratation date (most expired 8/2010). I'm guessing that if anything, the product may have degraded a bit. I contacted Abbott labs hoping for some information regarding stability, shelf life, etc. but no luck. FYI-the bottles have been stored at a consistant temperature asside from a 6hr period during my move when external temps rose to 110F (interior of car around 80).

Any suggestions?
    I greatly appreciate your input
    I'm no expert but they're only 5-6 months past expiration i would think the potency wouldn't even have degraded yet. It's probably just as potent as day one. I would definately use it.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

I've used ph/ps that was 2 years past expiration and it was just as potent as usual.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.
    Answers

I have a friend who is a drug rep. Disregard expiration dates, they were set by our FDA. In the UK, they are five years instead of two like the US.

As far as Androgel; don't like it. Testim has a documented 40% better absorption rate which leads to higher test levels for your money.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  247 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for all the advice! Presa, if I had the means, I would prob switch too. I'm really only taking it to help adjust my low levels and improve mood-been very depressed of late. I really would like to avoid getting back on anti depressants (been off for a year). Additionally, I think that my mood is related to my natural hormonal imbalance most likely related to poor nutrition and lack of sleep-It's a cycle I'm trying to break
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need a PH suggestion
    By vector18 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 05:13 PM
  2. To Androgel or Not to Androgel...that is the question.
    By littlebigman7 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 01:32 AM
  3. Suggestion
    By Hyde12 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 03:14 PM