PCT training and nutrition

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
Finishing a succesful run of p-plex and 1-t today and i am badly in need of a deload week as everything hurts. I do a powerlifting routine. I was wondering though, is it a bad idea to deload during pct due to the reduced intensity and therefore possibly even more reduction in the gains i will actually hold on to? I know i will lose size but i really want to keep my strength as high as possible.

Also, with regards nutrition, i want to recomp after this cycle as i put on more BF than i wanted to on it but i know a cut on pct is a bad idea. I want to gradually recomp without losing too much muscle. How would you go about it? GRadual tapering of carbs? increase in cardio? ECA? I'm open to all suggestions.

Link to the log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/166943-p-plex-1-a-2.html#post2741176

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
MODS - just realised this is probably best in the pct forums. If you feel the need then feel free to move it there. apologies.

farrellzach

farrellzach

Awards
Finishing a succesful run of p-plex and 1-t today and i am badly in need of a deload week as everything hurts. I do a powerlifting routine. I was wondering though, is it a bad idea to deload during pct due to the reduced intensity and therefore possibly even more reduction in the gains i will actually hold on to? I know i will lose size but i really want to keep my strength as high as possible.

Personally, I wouldn't deload during PCT. If you need to cut back a little bit, I don't think it would hurt, though. Keep your diet on point, get lots of quality sleep and if everything else is in check you should keep as much as possible.

Also, with regards nutrition, i want to recomp after this cycle as i put on more BF than i wanted to on it but i know a cut on pct is a bad idea. I want to gradually recomp without losing too much muscle. How would you go about it? GRadual tapering of carbs? increase in cardio? ECA? I'm open to all suggestions.

ECA has always been good to me for leaning out. Diet and cardio are what separate the pros for the amateurs, though. You'll have to figure out what works best for you here.

Link to the log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/166943-p-plex-1-a-2.html#post2741176
Answers in red.

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
Answers in red.
a popular old school technique is to not train at all first week of pct, you'll see it posted on ***** *******.com and steroid boards, they reckon it'll prevent the cortisol spike post-cycle ie, fat gain and muscle loss.

Idk, personally I would if I needed it

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
a popular old school technique is to not train at all first week of pct, you'll see it posted on ***** *******.com and steroid boards, they reckon it'll prevent the cortisol spike post-cycle ie, fat gain and muscle loss.

Idk, personally I would if I needed it
Wouldn't a good cortisol suppressant do the same thing? I think not training would b one of the worst things you could do going into pct.

grega60438

grega60438

Awards
If I heard you correctly, you want to keep your gains, and yet eventually cut. The following is the way I personally would do it.
Besides the normal serms/supplements during PCT. I would add Ostarine at 12.5 ED. Considering this was a wet bulk I would also add clen/albuterol during PCT. Both of these are muscle sparing. I would continue the calories and also continue to lift hard at full force. I have actually continued to increase lifts using this method.
After PCT is finished at about a month, I would take a two week break from almost everything. No Ostarine/clen/albuterol. Although I would also use keto/benedryl to reset my beta recepters which will also cause me to I sleep very well for these two weeks. During the break, I lift just enough to maintain.
After this, then I start my cut and gradually go back to normal lift increases. During the cut I would use Ostarine, clen/albuterol and T3. Every two weeks use keto/benedryl (for a week), to reset my beta recepters. Last cut using this method, I went from 16% to 10% over a 3 month period.
I always do morning cardio, during bulk/PCT/Cut. I believe it burns fat and increases muscle gains. I keep the cardio and lifting seperate on purpose, which is also another theory that it increases muscle gains. This is just my present opinion, on what I would do, from theories learned on these forums, and I am still learning.
I hope that it helps.

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
If I heard you correctly, you want to keep your gains, and yet eventually cut. The following is the way I personally would do it.
Besides the normal serms/supplements during PCT. I would add Ostarine at 12.5 ED. Considering this was a wet bulk I would also add clen/albuterol during PCT. Both of these are muscle sparing. I would continue the calories and also continue to lift hard at full force. I have actually continued to increase lifts using this method.
After PCT is finished at about a month, I would take a two week break from almost everything. No Ostarine/clen/albuterol. Although I would also use keto/benedryl to reset my beta recepters which will also cause me to I sleep very well for these two weeks. During the break, I lift just enough to maintain.
After this, then I start my cut and gradually go back to normal lift increases. During the cut I would use Ostarine, clen/albuterol and T3. Every two weeks use keto/benedryl (for a week), to reset my beta recepters. Last cut using this method, I went from 16% to 10% over a 3 month period.
I always do morning cardio, during bulk/PCT/Cut. I believe it burns fat and increases muscle gains. I keep the cardio and lifting seperate on purpose, which is also another theory that it increases muscle gains. This is just my present opinion, on what I would do, from theories learned on these forums, and I am still learning.
I hope that it helps.
Reps my friend. Exactly the kind of info i was after, thanks. I am heavily considering the clen but not too sure on SARMs yet. Maybe at a later stage. How wouldyou approach carbs on this plan? especially during pct? cut them quickly or taper them down? Beofre the cycle i was taking about 100 gms carbs a day max and i went upto 500gms some days on cycle. I know i'm very carb sensitive and 100gms seemed to be the sweet spot for recomping

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Well you say that you've been doing a powerlifting routine, generally this means high weight, and lower reps. If you want to keep your size gains through your PCT and you are feeling beat up right now. Lower the weights, and up the volume. Your joints will thank you for it, your CNS will thank you for it, and you may actually make some more size gains through PCT. Thats how i've always done my deloads, and it works very well.

grega60438

grega60438

Awards
I am no diet expert, but personally I would very slowly taper down during PCT and then switch to carb cycling during the cut.
Hopefully a diet expert will assist more.