How Much Do You Train During a Run?

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
I have found over the years that my body builds and retains mass better working 1 body part per day spread over 5 days. I typically do that MON-FRI with weekends off from the gym. I may still do some bicycle riding but no weights.

But, the times that I have been on a run, I get antsy on the weekends and want to train 7 days a week for that 6 week run. I want to get every last benefit from my supplements. I actually feel guilty for spending the money and not training on SAT and SUN during a run. But, I remind myself to not overtrain.

Does anyone else go thru this dilemma?

tmbone

Awards
No, i train every day on cycle and i still gain and im not sore. Idk, but i dont think its possible to overtrain on cycle as long as you keep switching up the body parts every day.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
No, i train every day on cycle and i still gain and im not sore. Idk, but i dont think its possible to overtrain on cycle as long as you keep switching up the body parts every day.
And pouring on the protein and carbs of course :biggthumpup:

I am wondering if you are right. I may test it the next 14 days and see how I feel.

Any other opinions?

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
I know a lot of pro's train 2 x day, so I'm assuming you could get away with once a day 7 days a week.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Depends on what you mean by training, and what training you do. I do some type of training daily, and a lot of times I do 2 a days. Doesn't matter what I am on either.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Training in this case is medium to heavy (relatively speaking) free weights. So, what I meant was, when "on" can the body benefit from free weights 7 days a week for 6-8 weeks without overtraining?

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
On cycle i train twice a day 50min, 5 days a wk or everyday for 65-70min.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
LOL...you guys are making me feel guilty for taking the day off now. But, I did clean out my garage. I should have done it faster so I could call it cardio.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
I don't think you want to change things to drastically as it can make it somewhat more difficult to keep them gains/strength during PCT.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I'm 10 weeks in and I try try try to keep this schedule...

chest
back
off
shoulders
legs
off
off...

But I don't take the day off in between and usually only one day off before it all starts again. I'm doing deca and test e, and I am wore the f**k out. I did take off two days in a row and I'm still beat. I think just adding weight and reps EVERY workout catches up, no matter what you're cycling.

I was doing 10 reps squats and bench, and up to 8 on deads then adding weight, but I gotta switch it to a 6-8 rep range and drop some intensity. Before I did a mdrol to pplex bridge, and backpumps and sore shoulder joints told me when enough was enough :D

Now I gotta lay on the bench after a heavy set to catch my breath and get the heartbeat down, then try to find the ambition/energy for the next set. Its actually quite stupid if you think about it.

But the important thing to remember, even though I pay no heed, is you grow when you rest.....so I think that yeah, you can overtrain on cycle, but you prolly don't notice.

I'm hoping I don't finally crash during or after PCT, and once that's done I'm going back to a push/pull/legs routine and cutting cycle, and hopefully keep all the gains I've suffered for :D

Anyway, I got 2 weeks left of deca, 4 of test e, so I'm going to switch up the routine a lil bit, and do a more light one week/heavy the next, and hope I can manage.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
I'm 10 weeks in and I try try try to keep this schedule...

chest
back
off
shoulders
legs
off
off...
How does that compare to your workouts when you are off? Let us know how you hold out and how you retain during PCT.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Usually the push/pull/legs, with a day off in between each. I just come up with the other one cause my shoulders needed some work so I gave them their own day, and that was the best I could do :D

On push I do bench and military press, so whichever one comes second is going to suffer, unfortunately.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
i usually do 3 full body workouts a week MWF when im on cycle. has worked well in the past

grega60438

grega60438

Awards
I have a similar workout. I do shoulders, back, legs&squats , chest, arms and then take Sat & Sun off.
I typically am so beat, I have to take off two days. If I do not feel beat, then I ask myself if I am pushing myself enough on workout days. I push harder. I also have to warm up better and watch form because when pushing harder, injury can occur.

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
I do back, bis/shoulders, tris/chest, off day, then repeat. Legs get worked 2x week on whatever day I have spare time. After two weeks, I switch the pairings. works best for me, and thats what its about. Finding what works best for yourself.