the bloated look

hli1022

Awards
my body always retained a lot of water. at first i thought it was the sodium, but even with lowered sodium, i was still getting the bloated look. does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should do? its hard to get shredded when i look bloated all the time.

thanks.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my body always retained a lot of water. at first i thought it was the sodium, but even with lowered sodium, i was still getting the bloated look. does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should do? its hard to get shredded when i look bloated all the time.

thanks.
I answered this in your other thread (you don't need to post the same thread in multiple subforums - post it in the relevant one and someone will help you out).

Again:

Being bloated can happen from a lot of things - not just water retention caused by high sodium intake.

Make sure that you are drinking ENOUGH, since water retention will occur if you are not drinking enough as well.

Consuming a lot of carbohydrates can also cause water retention, since for every gram of carbohydrates consumed, your body holds 3 grams of water - that's not to say eliminate carbohydrates, but be sensible with them, and be aware that that can happen with them.

Bloating can also be caused from gas build-up in your system, poorly digested food, etc. Consuming foods that you have sensitivities or intolerances to can also cause bloating (and water retention), so if you're eating anything that doesn't agree with you, it could be causing this.

You really need to eliminate the cause of the bloating if it such an issue, and unless you know for sure that something is doing it, you will have to find it out by process of elimination, and you do that by experimenting with different things.

~Rosie~

hli1022

Awards
I answered this in your other thread (you don't need to post the same thread in multiple subforums - post it in the relevant one and someone will help you out).

Again:

Being bloated can happen from a lot of things - not just water retention caused by high sodium intake.

Make sure that you are drinking ENOUGH, since water retention will occur if you are not drinking enough as well.

Consuming a lot of carbohydrates can also cause water retention, since for every gram of carbohydrates consumed, your body holds 3 grams of water - that's not to say eliminate carbohydrates, but be sensible with them, and be aware that that can happen with them.

Bloating can also be caused from gas build-up in your system, poorly digested food, etc. Consuming foods that you have sensitivities or intolerances to can also cause bloating (and water retention), so if you're eating anything that doesn't agree with you, it could be causing this.

You really need to eliminate the cause of the bloating if it such an issue, and unless you know for sure that something is doing it, you will have to find it out by process of elimination, and you do that by experimenting with different things.

~Rosie~
lol i appreciate your response on both threads. i post it in the anabolic section because i thought it might have been an estrogen related issue.

i just got my blood test done today, so i will see in a week if thats the true culprit.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol i appreciate your response on both threads. i post it in the anabolic section because i thought it might have been an estrogen related issue.

i just got my blood test done today, so i will see in a week if thats the true culprit.
No worries :)

I see . . .

~Rosie~

rombusempire

Awards
You might be surprised but soetimes, escess protein intake can cause bloating too; basically ANYTING that is not digested in a timely matter, since protein is harder to digest

Also, for me, whey make sme bloated. Smae with milk

nocontrol

Awards
Im going to take a shot at the fact that its an allergy to wheat gluten. Try cutting anything wheat related, pasta, bread, etc. And even better grains entirely. Get your carbs from potatoes or other vegetables instead. 1 in 5 has an intolerance to it.