Time On = Time Off: Science or Broscience?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.35%

Time On = Time Off: Science or Broscience?

We've all read it, seen it passed around from forum to forum etc, but what is the basis for this recommendation? Is there any real science behind this? Is it a just precautionary measure that's been passed around because someone thought it made sense?

Now I'm not suggesting anyone take any DS/PH non-stop obviously or that you should go from PCT directly into a new cycle, I'm just interested in where this started and if there's actually any real science behind it.

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.97%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

it's just a generalization. so I guess you could call it bro science.

it is going to vary person to person. only way to really tell is to have your blood work done to establish what your baseline numbers are, then you will know when you are back to normal after a cycle.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

bro science
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Everyone is different. Some people recover fast, some people recover slow, some people end up never recovering! Just do what is right for you.

Bottomline: Get bloodwork done, if you're not recovered, keep going with PCT.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.35%

So, essentially as long as bloodwork comes back good, you're good to start another cycle?
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.75%

How can you know your pretty much recovered without taking bloods?
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.43%

Quote Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
    So, essentially as long as bloodwork comes back good, you're good to start another cycle?
    Imo, yes.
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.24%

Quote Originally Posted by jason1000 View Post
    How can you know your pretty much recovered without taking bloods?
    No real way of knowing. You cant feel your t levels unfortunately.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

It is a general rule of thumb that works for the average user with the average PH/DS with a decent PCT. Everyone can be different however, and the compound you choose will can also affect how much time off you may need. for example, you may require less time off from Hdrol than you would from SD, etc.

No matter what you do, it really does come down to blood work, and that is what you need to go by. There also other factors that you have to consider before running a cycle too soon. Elevated BP and skewed HDL/LDL values take a toll on your body, and the longer you go natty the more your body will thank you for it.
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  10. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.97%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
    almost, your numbers can be all good, or "normal" but you could still not be fully recovered.

find out what your normal/baseline numbers are will all you to tell when you are recovered.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

It's pure and absolute broscience. Just like the rest of the bullsh*t people claim without any scientific backing what-so-ever.

The only way you can correctly ascertain HPGA recovery is through your own specific blood work. This can vary greatly due to a numer of factors in each specific instance. Anyone that tells you otherwise is a ****ing moron with absolutely no scientific background.

I hate to be blunt, but that's the reality of it.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.97%

HPTA isn't the only concern - generaly liver/cardiovascular health is seriously affected if you're constantly going on oral cycles. 2 cycles a year is pretty reasonable, IMO.
    Paging Dr. Banner. . .
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Something no one really touched upon yet, getting blood work done would be the first step to realizing recovery.

And if all else fails, the blast and cruise method is a nice way to look at eternity.
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.43%

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Manback View Post
    Something no one really touched upon yet, getting blood work done would be the first step to realizing recovery.
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm, but every poster above you has mentioned that lol

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRoadTo View Post
    HPTA isn't the only concern - generaly liver/cardiovascular health is seriously affected if you're constantly going on oral cycles. 2 cycles a year is pretty reasonable, IMO.
    I think the biggest thing here is that the liver/heart health can be dealt with and combated on cycle. You're right, it's not going to be that efficient and they will still take a beating most of the time, but HPTA suppression really has no way of being fought while on cycle (except with HCG and MAYBE some test boosters, but I doub it) so it's the main concern.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm, but every poster above you has mentioned that lol
    LOL
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRoadTo View Post
    Just thinking this. Not only your HPTA but you also need to be careful about the hepatoxic effects and give your liver a break.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.93%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Stupid broscience!!

But I think the time on = time off is a pretty good idea.....for a PH cycle, anyway.
    True story:

I give a f**K!!
  18. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.03%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

It is broscience, but a descent rule of thumb for most out there. Only bloods will tell the whole picture... but your T being back isnt all one should look at like most do.

Lipids for example can take 6 weeks and sometimes longer to recover. So if someone did 4 on 4 off perpetually, that would inevitably lead to heart disease rather quickly.

Just something to think about before people go off railing cycle after cycle because their T comes back.
    The Historic PES Legend
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.39%

how long after post cycle.. do u guys normally get bloods... for example: i finish clomid/daa/fenugreek pct.. do i wait a week to get bloods or would my test and estrogen still be elevated from trace amounts of clomid/daa in my blood stream... if thats the case u would think 3-4 weeks after u finish pct would be optimial.. but im just trying to see what everyone else thinks
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.02%

Quote Originally Posted by bigzach1234 View Post
    how long after post cycle.. do u guys normally get bloods... for example: i finish clomid/daa/fenugreek pct.. do i wait a week to get bloods or would my test and estrogen still be elevated from trace amounts of clomid/daa in my blood stream... if thats the case u would think 3-4 weeks after u finish pct would be optimial.. but im just trying to see what everyone else thinks

depends on what your looking to do next...
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.39%

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat827 View Post
    depends on what your looking to do next...
    honestly, ill prob do another run pretty soon.. and then im debating cruising for a little bit... i just wanna make sure im in good health.. got bloods done before starting pct... ldl was a little high (93)... kidneys were slightly stressed.. (i could have been better hydrated that week, and i ate a lot of protein) so i just wanna see where cholestrol is now.. and see how my lh and test, and estrogen r doing...
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bigzach1234 View Post
    honestly, ill prob do another run pretty soon.. and then im debating cruising for a little bit... i just wanna make sure im in good health.. got bloods done before starting pct... ldl was a little high (93)... kidneys were slightly stressed.. (i could have been better hydrated that week, and i ate a lot of protein) so i just wanna see where cholestrol is now.. and see how my lh and test, and estrogen r doing...
    How long ago was your last cycle?
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.39%

Quote Originally Posted by bashman View Post
    How long ago was your last cycle?
    last pin was 9 weeks ago..10days later started pct.. 25 days later finished pct... soo last anabolic 9 weeks ago.. but only off pct 4 weeks.. im gonna run osta and eca(2on2off) for 6 weeks starting in 5 days though... ill be honest.. all that time off still is still not even close to how long i was on.. but im banking on being recovered from a generally mild cycle after a strong pct and 10 weeks off everything... after i finished kickstarting with orals i was on only test for the last 12-14 weeks of cycle... i used hcg, so im thinking recovery should be fine without waiting 17 weeks

i also had a very strong pct.. i feel like if u do things right and be careful and smart you will be ok.. i get bloods done frequently, use hcg, take support supps on and off cycle...run super aggressive over the top pcts.. etc

Similar Forum Threads

1. First Time Caller/Long-Time Listener.
    By dollardream in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 12:14 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 10:12 AM
  3. Long time listener, first time caller.
    By SirWatts in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 09:50 PM
  4. Long time user, First time Serum??
    By Master in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 06:25 PM