Time On = Time Off: Science or Broscience?

DavidG

Awards
We've all read it, seen it passed around from forum to forum etc, but what is the basis for this recommendation? Is there any real science behind this? Is it a just precautionary measure that's been passed around because someone thought it made sense?

Now I'm not suggesting anyone take any DS/PH non-stop obviously or that you should go from PCT directly into a new cycle, I'm just interested in where this started and if there's actually any real science behind it.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it's just a generalization. so I guess you could call it bro science.

it is going to vary person to person. only way to really tell is to have your blood work done to establish what your baseline numbers are, then you will know when you are back to normal after a cycle.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
bro science

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everyone is different. Some people recover fast, some people recover slow, some people end up never recovering! Just do what is right for you.

Bottomline: Get bloodwork done, if you're not recovered, keep going with PCT.

DavidG

Awards
So, essentially as long as bloodwork comes back good, you're good to start another cycle?

jason1000

jason1000

Awards
  • Established
How can you know your pretty much recovered without taking bloods?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is a general rule of thumb that works for the average user with the average PH/DS with a decent PCT. Everyone can be different however, and the compound you choose will can also affect how much time off you may need. for example, you may require less time off from Hdrol than you would from SD, etc.

No matter what you do, it really does come down to blood work, and that is what you need to go by. There also other factors that you have to consider before running a cycle too soon. Elevated BP and skewed HDL/LDL values take a toll on your body, and the longer you go natty the more your body will thank you for it.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, essentially as long as bloodwork comes back good, you're good to start another cycle?
almost, your numbers can be all good, or "normal" but you could still not be fully recovered.

find out what your normal/baseline numbers are will all you to tell when you are recovered.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's pure and absolute broscience. Just like the rest of the bullsh*t people claim without any scientific backing what-so-ever.

The only way you can correctly ascertain HPGA recovery is through your own specific blood work. This can vary greatly due to a numer of factors in each specific instance. Anyone that tells you otherwise is a ****ing moron with absolutely no scientific background.

I hate to be blunt, but that's the reality of it.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
HPTA isn't the only concern - generaly liver/cardiovascular health is seriously affected if you're constantly going on oral cycles. 2 cycles a year is pretty reasonable, IMO.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Something no one really touched upon yet, getting blood work done would be the first step to realizing recovery.

And if all else fails, the blast and cruise method is a nice way to look at eternity.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Something no one really touched upon yet, getting blood work done would be the first step to realizing recovery.
I can't tell if this is sarcasm, but every poster above you has mentioned that lol

HPTA isn't the only concern - generaly liver/cardiovascular health is seriously affected if you're constantly going on oral cycles. 2 cycles a year is pretty reasonable, IMO.
I think the biggest thing here is that the liver/heart health can be dealt with and combated on cycle. You're right, it's not going to be that efficient and they will still take a beating most of the time, but HPTA suppression really has no way of being fought while on cycle (except with HCG and MAYBE some test boosters, but I doub it) so it's the main concern.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just thinking this. Not only your HPTA but you also need to be careful about the hepatoxic effects and give your liver a break.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Stupid broscience!!

But I think the time on = time off is a pretty good idea.....for a PH cycle, anyway.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is broscience, but a descent rule of thumb for most out there. Only bloods will tell the whole picture... but your T being back isnt all one should look at like most do.

Lipids for example can take 6 weeks and sometimes longer to recover. So if someone did 4 on 4 off perpetually, that would inevitably lead to heart disease rather quickly.

Just something to think about before people go off railing cycle after cycle because their T comes back.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
how long after post cycle.. do u guys normally get bloods... for example: i finish clomid/daa/fenugreek pct.. do i wait a week to get bloods or would my test and estrogen still be elevated from trace amounts of clomid/daa in my blood stream... if thats the case u would think 3-4 weeks after u finish pct would be optimial.. but im just trying to see what everyone else thinks

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
how long after post cycle.. do u guys normally get bloods... for example: i finish clomid/daa/fenugreek pct.. do i wait a week to get bloods or would my test and estrogen still be elevated from trace amounts of clomid/daa in my blood stream... if thats the case u would think 3-4 weeks after u finish pct would be optimial.. but im just trying to see what everyone else thinks

depends on what your looking to do next...

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
depends on what your looking to do next...
honestly, ill prob do another run pretty soon.. and then im debating cruising for a little bit... i just wanna make sure im in good health.. got bloods done before starting pct... ldl was a little high (93)... kidneys were slightly stressed.. (i could have been better hydrated that week, and i ate a lot of protein) so i just wanna see where cholestrol is now.. and see how my lh and test, and estrogen r doing...

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
honestly, ill prob do another run pretty soon.. and then im debating cruising for a little bit... i just wanna make sure im in good health.. got bloods done before starting pct... ldl was a little high (93)... kidneys were slightly stressed.. (i could have been better hydrated that week, and i ate a lot of protein) so i just wanna see where cholestrol is now.. and see how my lh and test, and estrogen r doing...
How long ago was your last cycle?

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
How long ago was your last cycle?
last pin was 9 weeks ago..10days later started pct.. 25 days later finished pct... soo last anabolic 9 weeks ago.. but only off pct 4 weeks.. im gonna run osta and eca(2on2off) for 6 weeks starting in 5 days though... ill be honest.. all that time off still is still not even close to how long i was on.. but im banking on being recovered from a generally mild cycle after a strong pct and 10 weeks off everything... after i finished kickstarting with orals i was on only test for the last 12-14 weeks of cycle... i used hcg, so im thinking recovery should be fine without waiting 17 weeks

i also had a very strong pct.. i feel like if u do things right and be careful and smart you will be ok.. i get bloods done frequently, use hcg, take support supps on and off cycle...run super aggressive over the top pcts.. etc