How long for high BP and acne to go away?

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For you guys who got elevated blood pressure from your cycles, how long into PCT were you before it went away? Also, same for acne... how long for tht to go away? :(

So far my systolic has dropped about 10 pts but is still way above what it was before I started the cycle.

Damn I hate PCT...

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I hear you man...I ended my prop cycle like 5 days ago or so, and my BP is still elevated....I'm sure the half lives/active lives have a lot to do with it...how much though?? I dunno...What were you using in your cycle?

The acne is always different. I normally break out during PCT rather than while I'm on cycle....so usually whenever your hormone levels return to normal after your PCT, that IMO would be when it should subside...but then again, everyone;s different...

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I hear you man...I ended my prop cycle like 5 days ago or so, and my BP is still elevated....I'm sure the half lives/active lives have a lot to do with it...how much though?? I dunno...What were you using in your cycle?

The acne is always different. I normally break out during PCT rather than while I'm on cycle....so usually whenever your hormone levels return to normal after your PCT, that IMO would be when it should subside...but then again, everyone;s different...
I used M1T then did 5 days of dbol at the end (yes, yes, I know it was stupid but I had to... long story). The dbol is what really put me over the top... raised my systolic to a consistent ~150. Before this cycle I had perfect 115/55 bp! :(

Guess I should have invested in that celery seed/hawthorne berry.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Well with those orals, it shouldn't take that long for it to return to normal. Igve it a few more days, and if it persists maybe see your doc. How long has it been since you finished your cycle? (days)?

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well with those orals, it shouldn't take that long for it to return to normal. Igve it a few more days, and if it persists maybe see your doc. How long has it been since you finished your cycle? (days)?
7 days now as of today.

JerseyDevil

Awards
After a cycle of M1T, my BP usually took close to two weeks to return to normal.

Interesting side note. I'm currently doing a test prop cycle. My normal BP is 127/75. For most of the cycle it's been 140/77. I just started winstrol last week, and it appears my BP has returned to normal. Since winny has the tendency to reduce water, it does seem the higher BP is due mainly to fluid retention.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Did you finally go get the HB and CS extracts?

B5 works for acne

enzo

Awards
Whenever you gain weight your heart has to push harder, thus increasing pressure inside blood vessels, which leads to increased blood pressure in some of us. As we gain weight your angiotensin level can which increase which helps to regulate the pumping pressure inside the heart. Some people are more susceptible to angiotensin than others.

Also, lets not forget about lipid levels when we are taking hormones. These ratios are not good for an optimal b/p. **** long term equates to damage at these ratios.

Just b/c you stop hormones does not mean your b/p is going to normalize at all. It should if you are young enough. The more we use and the older we get, the longer it takes for our feedback loops to normalize.

Plus hormones can lead to hypercalcemia which is the conduction mechanism for your SA Node to begin the pumping action. This can also lead to higher blood pressure. I feel as long as the ranges are kept to a normal limit everything should be okay. If they aren't (as in my case b/p use to be 160/80) we start taking medications. I have been on shitloads of different types of b/p medications. If any of you have to go on them do yourself a favor and start with hydrochlorthiazide. It is a diuretic. Get the benefit of losing water weight, kidneys function better, cheap, studies have shown they work as well as the rest of them. Downside is can get low pottasium levels which can lead to death. But ****, before you die your muscles are going to be twitching like a son of a bitch. It is easy to get 2g of K a day.

It could take awhile for your Ca levels to normalize. In addition, serum chloride, potassuim, phosphate, and sodium levels may be increased which can lead to higher b/p for a number of reasons. This is where some of the water retention comes from. Another way our feedback loops get screwed up. Think of all the things these elements control in our body. Like everything. They are fundamental cellular elements necessary for our body to function correctly.

As we can see there are so many reasons why blood pressure increases it's hard to say if, when, why, and how. I am sure there are even other reasons I have not covered. In essence, time, age, luck, diet, strength of signaling mechanisms control high b/p. If your parents have it you will most likely. They are finding heridary genes associated with some people having high b/p.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just b/c you stop hormones does not mean your b/p is going to normalize at all. It should if you are young enough. The more we use and the older we get, the longer it takes for our feedback loops to normalize.
Wow that's a scary thought. Especially considering, like most, I started my cycle with great b/p that most would love to have... I would really hate myself if I gave myself lifelong high b/p just for the sake of a few lbs of muscle.

enzo

Awards
The more your weigh, the more likely your blood pressure is going to increase. With or without hormones. As we age, there is a upward curve for most males to have increased b/p. If you are really concerned with increased b/p stay small and skiny and you should have no problems. Also, not sure how tall you are but the taller you are the harder your heart has to work. Ever notice you don;t see too many older taller guys. They are all short and skinny.

The nice thing with b/p is that its very controllable. Having controlled b/p is the least of your problems, uncontrolled is a different story. The pharmacuetical companies are the ones that come out with the studies of how high is too high. They just changed the protocol for a Dr prescribing medications and now believe 140/80 is considered too high and warrants meds. Once again this was a pharmacuetical company that came out with the research. Some people can live with high blood pressure for thier whole lives and never have any negative side effects.

I just don't think we fully undertand the true biological effects of much at the cellular level yet. **** we have the genes identified but have no clue (and I mean no clue) how most disease processes work. Like cancer, we identify a gene responsible for cystic fibrosis but have no way to identify how it occurs, or how to stop it. All we know is the gene marker to identify it. It is turning out to be so complex its unbelievable. (BTW Did you know the same gene that codes for cystic fibrosis is present in some worms, and guinea pigs. Sounds like evolution to me.)

Since I am ranting let me tell you something crazy we have recently learned about cancer and viruses. Without getting scientific, a virus plasmid(small DNA genes)goes in our body, over time our DNA recognizes this to be a foreign object. So our body blasts it with enzymes and it blows to bits. Some of it is eaten or phagocytosis occurs. However; it turns out we take up small pieces of these blown up viral dna and incorporate them into our genetic code. These gene bits that consist of pairs of amino acids can be incorporated into our bodies. What does TRNA(amino acids) do in the ribosomes? Starts translating the mutated versions of our DNA mixed with the viruses. Over time, some of these tranlations turn into true mutations. Enough mutations our body is overwhelmed and whammo cancer. How many viruses do you get throughout your lifetime? Worried about b/p, worry more about getting sick.

The sad thing is you can fight your damdest to stay in shape, keep your blood pressure low, eat healthy and then wham you get sick and die of some fucking disease. Or better yet an accident that kills you or leaves you like a limp biscuit. This crap might sound stupid but after working in a hospital you start to learn to live for today.

I remember the first time I saw a 17 year old get diagnosed with metastisized lymphoma. Man I thought, this fucking kid is only seventeen. No real signs other than a full feeling in his throat. He was a wrestler, fit as hell, abs and all. It was terminal and life as he knew it was about to end. Had a tumor that went from his neck down to his right lung.

The way I look at it is I like to be big, strong. It makes me feel good about myself. If I die prematurely then that is the way God has decided. It sucks but is true. So for myself I decide to lift heavy, push myself until otherwise notified by the man upstairs.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Damn good post enzo. That's fuckin sad about the 17 year old kid. Makes me feel very fortunate to have what I have.