First Cycle- BOLD (1,4, AD)?

ats3309

Awards
I'm new to the PH game and I'm looking to start my first cycle. I've been seriously training for about a year and have seen great gains, but they have really tapered off in the last two or three months. I'm 5'11", 178 lbs, about 10% bodyfat at 21 years old. I've done pretty substantial research about PH/AAS and have a solid understanding of how they work and the endocrine system in general. I've read through all of Dr Houser's PCT articles on the ******** forums as well. The problem is that I'm not sure how to use my theoretical knowledge to plan a practical cycle.

I have read that it is best to start with a non-methylated compound, but I have also seen H -Drol recommended as a first PH. Right now, I am looking at running a six week cycle of 1,4, AD. Here's the proposed plan:

BOLD (1,4, AD) 500/600/700/800/800/800
Run with CEL Cycle assist

PCT:
CEL PCT assist (Dosing)?
CEL Inhibit- (2/2/1/1)
SAMe (4 weeks)

What do you think? Is Bold a good first choice, and will this yield results?
Any suggestions for further reading are also appreciated.

imjuschillin

Awards
Hey bub

I'll chat with ya, tho Im no expert. Lol

I have always had a great curiosity towards Bold too, but have yet to run it (For what it's worth, it's illegal now if Im not mistaken, just so you know.)

My understanding from all I learned on Bold (EQ-plex) is one, that it is very mild. It takes a minimum 6 weeks to kick in, and that some people apparently 'don't respond' to it. I'll be honest though, in a world of P-plex, Tren and Superd, I wonder if the gains aren't just too slow for some and they get discouraged so it never took off. It sounds like the upside of it is the gains are solid (easy to keep, even if they are minimum to moderate) I think that is something that always made me want to try EQ - I'd rather gain 5-10 solid lbs of muscle over 2 months and keep it than gain 20 in 4 weeks and then lose it, or most of it. Definetly!

Main side effect seems to be increase in appetite (which is why I may wait till next winter to try it, lolz) Mild as it is, sounds like it can still shut you down, so depending on dose and duration some will recommend a 'test base' while you take it (4-AD, Dermacrine, or actual injectable test. If you do actual injectable test though, you may want to use injectable Boldenone too though, really, and the cycle will be structured very different, just FYI)

As far as actually structuring it, u can likely just use cycle support as a precaution, (Along with the reg cycle staples.) but it's not methylated, so u should be fine regarding liver function. Most will recommend a 'real' PCT though, meaning SERM. Some will say OTC will suffice.

I myself might say perhaps 8 weeks? Like this: 400, 600, 800, 800, 800, 800, 600, 400. The tappering is a topic of much debate, but personally I like the idea behind it, and I think with Bold having a longer half life, the tapering down makes more sense.

PCT, SERM, Then AI and cort control supp, along with a natty test booster. (Or, for OTC, just take out the SERM)

Hopefully some more experienced peeps will chime in.

I think, by and large, yeah, you are gonna hear most say H-drol is a far better first run. I think H-drol sounds great too, so up to you. If you train smart, intensly, consistently, have a great diet and good rest, then Bold OR H-drol should just be that little extra on top of an already solid foundation. (Then maybe you can try Bold/H-drol stack, which a certain website seems to think would work very well together.)

Ill let u mull that over for now and others chime in too.

Cheers

ats3309

Awards
Hey bub

I'll chat with ya, tho Im no expert. Lol

I have always had a great curiosity towards Bold too, but have yet to run it (For what it's worth, it's illegal now if Im not mistaken, just so you know.)

My understanding from all I learned on Bold (EQ-plex) is one, that it is very mild. It takes a minimum 6 weeks to kick in, and that some people apparently 'don't respond' to it. I'll be honest though, in a world of P-plex, Tren and Superd, I wonder if the gains aren't just too slow for some and they get discouraged so it never took off. It sounds like the upside of it is the gains are solid (easy to keep, even if they are minimum to moderate) I think that is something that always made me want to try EQ - I'd rather gain 5-10 solid lbs of muscle over 2 months and keep it than gain 20 in 4 weeks and then lose it, or most of it. Definetly!

Main side effect seems to be increase in appetite (which is why I may wait till next winter to try it, lolz) Mild as it is, sounds like it can still shut you down, so depending on dose and duration some will recommend a 'test base' while you take it (4-AD, Dermacrine, or actual injectable test. If you do actual injectable test though, you may want to use injectable Boldenone too though, really, and the cycle will be structured very different, just FYI)

As far as actually structuring it, u can likely just use cycle support as a precaution, (Along with the reg cycle staples.) but it's not methylated, so u should be fine regarding liver function. Most will recommend a 'real' PCT though, meaning SERM. Some will say OTC will suffice.

I myself might say perhaps 8 weeks? Like this: 400, 600, 800, 800, 800, 800, 600, 400. The tappering is a topic of much debate, but personally I like the idea behind it, and I think with Bold having a longer half life, the tapering down makes more sense.

PCT, SERM, Then AI and cort control supp, along with a natty test booster. (Or, for OTC, just take out the SERM)

Hopefully some more experienced peeps will chime in.

I think, by and large, yeah, you are gonna hear most say H-drol is a far better first run. I think H-drol sounds great too, so up to you. If you train smart, intensly, consistently, have a great diet and good rest, then Bold OR H-drol should just be that little extra on top of an already solid foundation. (Then maybe you can try Bold/H-drol stack, which a certain website seems to think would work very well together.)

Ill let u mull that over for now and others chime in too.

Cheers
Thats really unfortunate; I was unaware that Bold was banned. I'm not really interested in getting in legal trouble, so I guess I'll have to find another PH. I had even found quite a few places online which still have it. I'd like to run a non-methylated compound, but i'm not too sure of whats (legally) out there.

I would be willing to run H-Drol or something similar, but i'd like to stay with some of the milder stuff, seeing as this is my first cycle. For H-Drol, what dosage/ PCT scheme would you recommend? Or what other compound do you suggest?

Thanks for your help by the way, I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Stevep229

Awards
+1 for Hdrol

i have ran a pplex/hdrol bridge, a hdrol/stanodrol bridge, and about to do a bola/stanodrol bridge. i personally believe hdrol does not have many sides, though some ppl react differently than other, and i never experienced any except minor "pumps" in my lower back. the "pumps" only happened on my 2nd cycle but i was running 75mg a day. i gain around 12 lbs of muscle and maybe lost 4 after pct, so a net gain of 8lbs is great in my opinion. doesnt aromatize, minor sides, and at the recommended 50mg dosage you shouldnt have any probs, ive heard at higher dosages hpta toxicity can come into play. im not much of a believer in OTC pct, so i cant really comment on it. serms are where its at imho. tamox ftw. hdrol starts to kick in about the 2nd week. whenever i run my cycles to i tend to get a little sick, like light flu/cold symptoms, so i take a couple thousand mg of vit C a day to help. from what ive read phs seem to suppress ur immune system to some degree. make sure ur diet and sleep is in check, and that you are getting a good nights rest and you should prob make sure ur sleeping enough. ppl dont seem to realize how important good sleep habits are, ESP on a ph cycle, when u are trying to build muscle. basically i +1 everything the previous guy said. hdrol is a good ph. last tid bit, research serms and how they work, and AI's and how they work. serms "adjust" estrogen levels, while AI's "destroy" it. you still need estrogen for many bodily functions, and serms help keep things balanced. hopefully someone else will chime in to. im tired and forming cohesive thoughts its rough.