The Next Hulk

bigmark1972

Board Supporter
Awards
hell yeah thats gonna be a big bastard.

bigmark1972

Board Supporter
Awards
I read somewhere flex wheeler has 1/2 of the myostatin gene or something like that.

Wreck

Awards
If anyone runs across some pics of this uber baby, be sure to post a link.

Wreck

Awards
Thanks for the quick post.

That baby IS going to be the next Hulk!

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
man that baby is going to be such a badass when he grows up. i just hope that he doesn't become a pansy beotch.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
That baby will likely die before puberty due to an enlarged heart and the complications therin.

Sounds fun.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
this is about flex:

"Flex was a participant in a study we recently conducted in collaboration with the Department of Human Genetics at the University of Pittsburgh involving 62 men who made unusually large gains in muscle mass in response to strength training (extreme responders). Flex was one of only nine extreme responders that had the very rare "myostatin mutation." Myostatin is the gene that "limits muscle growth." Specifically, Flex had the rarest form of myostatin mutation at the "exon 2" position on the gene. This simply means Flex has a much larger number of muscle fibers compared to the other subjects or the normal population. We believe that these are the very first myostatin mutation findings in humans and the results of this landmark study have already been submitted for publication. Flex was also found to have a very unusual type of the IGF-1 gene. In fact, Flex was the only participant in the study that did not have a "match." All of the other extreme responders had at least three other subjects with a matching IGF-1 gene. Based upon Flex's very unique genetic profile, we plan to expeditiously publish a scientific paper that reveals his complete genotype in specific detail. The publication of his remarkable genetic data should generate an enormous amount of media exposure."

http://www.musclephotos.com/myogene.html

so i would think most bodybuilders are like this, especially ronnie

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why couldn't of I been a freak???

...Well, a freak with benefits anyways :)

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There is a health reason why myostatin is there. Too much muscle growth means your heart and other organs grow too. If nothing is there to tell the body that these organs need to stop growing, then some very severe health problems can and will arise. This kid as a result will most likely die due to complication of an enlarged heart at a very young age indeed unless he refrains from anything that raises his heartrate too much.

RVEXLER

Awards
this is about flex:

"Flex was a participant in a study we recently conducted in collaboration with the Department of Human Genetics at the University of Pittsburgh ......

Note, "study" was done by BALCO labs as an attempt to "prove" that Flex was "natural", despite his large size. Given their involvement in the THG "scandal" I would treat this report with great suspicion.

DobermanXXL

Awards
RVEXLER, how do you know that this study was an attempt to prove he is natural? It simply states that he has a unique genetic profile, which I do not doubt.

ps24eva

Awards
lol I work at the Univ. of pittsburgh genetics department as a researcher

enzo

Awards
Anybody ever seen a Russian 7 year old they call little hercules. This kid is ripped with an eight pack, not a six pack. His dad stated on Tv he makes his own sublingual supplements, wonder what those are. Anyway, if anyone has seen him, he is huge and looks better than most adults. His myostatin gene must be trancribing proteins like a mother fucker.

EPe9686518

Awards
From what I have read on myostatin they actually have a drug that just went into testing for humans that blocks myostatin completely. According to th earily studies blocking 25, 50 and even 75 % of your myostatin can add some major muscle bulk. Now while this kids out look for long term helth doesn't seem that bright right now due to enlarged orgins like the heart. This drug that they are working on really shows promise in body buliding, just will have to limit the use of course like any other. I am not sure entirely how it works, but since they plan to use it to treat a number of health problems like muscle wasting, I am assuming it might be pretty safe for cycles at some point or maybe even some what long term use. Anyway i do not know all that much about it like I said before, just something exciting to keep our eyes on I guess.

GnarlyDude

Awards
Now while this kids out look for long term helth doesn't seem that bright right now due to enlarged orgins like the heart.
My first post here, but so far from all of my readings myostatin only prevents skeletal mussle growth and not other mussle types. In the animal kingdom the Belgian Blue bull was bread and has the double gene same as the child mentioned. The bulls seem to be just fine as they age. More than likely the biggest danger the child could be in is connective tissue problems, where the connective tissue is not growing in strength with the pace of his mussles.

http://www.lagantoise.com/bbbbreed.htm

RVEXLER

Awards
RVEXLER, how do you know that this study was an attempt to prove he is natural? It simply states that he has a unique genetic profile, which I do not doubt.
Wheeler said he was helped by a friend -- Victor Conte Jr., the Burlingame nutritionist who is currently a target of a federal grand jury probe. Conte also has been accused by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency as the source of a new designer steroid, THG. But Wheeler said Conte helped him to compete without steroids by providing him mineral supplements.

Still, Wheeler became the incredible shrinking bodybuilder. At the Mr. Olympia competition -- perhaps the best-known bodybuilding show -- Wheeler had finished second in 1998 and '99 and third in 2000. But in 2002, after training without steroids, he finished seventh. He weighed 212 pounds, down from 240 at previous competitions.

``When I was on drugs, I was completely energized when I'd train,'' Wheeler said. ``But when I was natural, I'd train for two hours, be exhausted and then still have no results. I would think, `I don't believe. How do people do this?' ''

Facing financial problems that would lead to filing for bankruptcy, Wheeler went back on steroids. He hoped for a big payday that would solve his money woes and then he could walk away for good.

But he regretted going back on the juice and quit after just one more show.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
...``But when I was natural, I'd train for two hours, be exhausted and then still have no results. I would think, `I don't believe. How do people do this?' '' ...
Yeah I remember reading that. What a dumbass. He was having no results BECAUSE he was training for two friggin hours. Without the extra androgens to speed up recovery, etc. spending 2 hours on a workout is pretty much the definition of overtraining.

Natural bodybuilding is a slow process. Just take a look at guys like Skip LaCour. It took him until the age of 41 to achieve the physique he's got. He has to wait so much longer between individual workouts to ensure he doesn't overtrain. For natural bodybuilders it's a constant struggle for best balance to find the optimum zone between training too little and overtraining.