Tamoxifen Citrate Conversion

Rock Lee

Awards
If I'm trying to make an oral solution from the TC powder, would I simply add 1 gram of TC to 50 ml polyethylene glycol, or is the process more involved than that? Also is there a difference between PEG-200 and PEG-400?

Thanks.

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
just add the TC powder to the PG and you're done...there is a difference between peg-200 and peg-400, I don't readily recall what it is, but peg-400 is used as the solvent for the harder to dissolve chemicals, like m5aa or m4ohn (though, olive oil is also used to dissolve the m4ohn)

Rock Lee

Awards
Cool. So the amounts I listed (1 gram TC and 50 ml PG) are correct as well?

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Try 49ml. The powder will take up a little room.

ss

acecombact1

Awards
this is maybe a stupid...............but can you dissolve the nolve in Vodka?

can i use normal PG not PG-400?

Rock Lee

Awards
One more question...why do some people heat their solution where others simply shake it? Does heating it do something that shaking can't?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Ok bro here we go. Save the PEG400 or 200 whatever you have for the harder to dissolve powders. Nolva is a cakewalk. Just use everclear or bacardi 151.
-Add 1g of powder to vial
-next add 49mL of everclear
-Shake a little.
-Then Boil water on stove then take it off the burner and sit bottle of solution in there and shake every 3-4minutes.
-After about 15 or so minutes it will be completely dissolved
-Bingo bango you now have 50mL of nolva @ 20mg/mL

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm far from an expert, but I'll try to answer some of the ???s You can actually use water (and I suppose vodka), but it won't become suspended into the liquid. You'll just have to shake it up real well before each dose. I personally am going to mix mine in either 151 or everclear, just so I don't have to pay shipping charges for the small amounts of solutions I would use. I think the PG's will actually allow the powder to dissolve in and stay somewhat suspended in the solution. I hope one of the experts jump in and correct me if I stated something that's incorrect here.

dd

GonnaBHuge

Awards
this is maybe a stupid...............but can you dissolve the nolve in Vodka?

can i use normal PG not PG-400?
I recently had the same thought and tried it in Vodka. A lot of it dissolved, but there was a lot of large particles left. I was just shaking it well before I dosed it. However, after about a week the solution crashed and it looked like all of it had come out of the solution. So, I put it in the microwave for about 6 seconds, and it turned into a crystal clear solution (no particles at all). It stayed that way for several days and then crashed again this morning. So, another 5-7 seconds in the microwave and it was clear as a mountain stream once again. Hope this helps.