need advice on if I should cut cycle short

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.92%

need advice on if I should cut cycle short

ok guys...so i possibly might have fractured my ulna yesterday (forearm on pinkie side) It was a great addition to my birthday. Anyways, Im not sure yet on whether its fractured or just hurts like hell. Im not going to the doctor unless it gets worse within the next few days. Simply because of a insurance situation (long story) and the fact that all they will do is give me a damn soft cast, some 800 mg motrin and tell me not to move it. All of which I already know.

Now I can still work out, as long as I keep my wrist straight. (so I cant work out to full capacity, but I can work out) I had about 5 weeks left planned. a little over 2 weeks left of tren, and then finish out on test only for a total of 5 more weeks. Im up about 15-18 pounds right now and really dont want to lose it.

The other possibility is that my arm isnt even fractured. It could just be badly bruised, and just hurt...but Im trying to do the right thing and at least keep it imobile for right now. So Im trying to decide if I should just end the cycle now, start pct and get on a lower volume, lower intensity workout to try and maintain my gains. or the other option, stay on...still work out (not to full capacity, so I wont grow as much as I could - unless the arm turns out ok in a few days and all is well and I can work out fully again) then right around the time I am getting off cycle, my arm should be better and I will be able to work out better and hopefully it willl be easier to keep my gains.

I really dont want to end the cycle. I was hoping for a few more pounds before getting off. this is my first cycle, and I really wanted to make it count. and like I said, the main thing is, if My arm turns out ok in like a week, and I cut off my cycle, Im gonna be upset. I dont know...what do you guys think?

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Tough call bro. If it were me I would stay on another week and see how it goes, maybe even take like 5 days off from lifting anything that uses that arm. Just don't push it too hard and turn a short term injury into a long term handicap. best of luck
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.28%

I just had to cut my prop cycle short due to an arm injury...

Take time off...do your PCT and then if you want jump back on..

You don't wanna aggrevate it at all or it could really get bad...
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    I just had to cut my prop cycle short due to an arm injury...

Take time off...do your PCT and then if you want jump back on..

You don't wanna aggrevate it at all or it could really get bad...
    I agree. I had similar problem with a slightly torn pec. It started to bother me a little bit but I kept pushing through it using lighter weights. Then one day while messing around with 335 on bench, I could hear my chest separate and I was out of commission for a few months. Couldn't even lift my arm for a few weeks without aggravating it. It still bothers me to this day when I go too heavy. My advice, call it quits while you're ahead.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.69%

If it really hurts and is not just sore, let it heal before you do something permanent. you can always run another cycle. pretty hard to get another ulna...

fiddler
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.92%

good news. Arms not broken. Two days later feeling much better. Just as I had hoped and expected, it was everyone else around me who always tries to convince me otherwise "man, you need to go to the hospital...its gonna heal wrong, its probably broken, you wont know if its broken for sure....I broke my wrist and didnt know for 3 days bla bla bla"

Anyways, just wanted to share. So Ill be continuing my cycle, just taking a few days off lifting.
  7. IBE Representative
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.44%

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinaddict
    good news. Arms not broken. Two days later feeling much better. Just as I had hoped and expected, it was everyone else around me who always tries to convince me otherwise "man, you need to go to the hospital...its gonna heal wrong, its probably broken, you wont know if its broken for sure....I broke my wrist and didnt know for 3 days bla bla bla"

Anyways, just wanted to share. So Ill be continuing my cycle, just taking a few days off lifting.
    i say continue to lift, just not that arm. you should be able to do some exercises with your other arm and legs. Might as well make use of the fact you're on cycle. Just be careful

P.S. Moron.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.92%

Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze639
    i say continue to lift, just not that arm. you should be able to do some exercises with your other arm and legs. Might as well make use of the fact you're on cycle. Just be careful

P.S. Moron.
    hehe...thanks Jerk...I mean jon... Anyways, ya I should be alright. Couple more days and I think the arm will be as good as new. Im glad I listened to my instincts and didnt go to the damn hospital like everyone else was telling me to do.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need advice on my training partner's cycle
    By IPOM in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 09:28 AM
  2. need advice on what to run in cycle
    By amiller745 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 12:21 PM
  3. Do I need PCT - sprained wrist, had to cut cycle short!
    By thekidduke in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 06:34 PM
  4. Need advice on planning cutting cycle/pct
    By deezy45 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 07:40 AM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-31-2005, 03:12 PM