PH/DS/AAS reduce ability to gain naturally later on

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.62%

PH/DS/AAS reduce ability to gain naturally later on

I was reading some things on some other forums that said once you begin using steroids you slowly reduce your natural genetic potential. Here is one of the stories I found,

I trained for 8 years before I ever touched AAS and could never get over the weight of 210lbs, I just hovered around 205-210 and just couldn't go higher. Well, After a year and half and 3 good strong cycles later I was averaging 230-235 and looked great.

I decided to stop and go natural again, as that was my plan all along. I trained as hard as before and kept up my diet and withing 2 years I was below 200lbs and couldn't and I mean couldn't get over that 200lb mark.

AAS lowered my natural Testosterone enough to keep me from getting back to where I was before I started them in the first place. Just think about it before you dive in, thats all. Its not something you can do once or twice and then just go back to being the same person and having the same hormone levels as before. It truly does change you. It's a lifestyle, not a quick fix, its a temporary fix that will most likely create a permanent change in your body, thats not always for the better.

I went back to AAS and gained back all that I have lost. The bad news is,
    Now I'm on HRT (testosterone replacement therapy) for the rest of my life.

Does anyone have any more info they can shed on this topic? I just hate to think that I am going to reduce my ability to maintain and gain without PH/DS/AAS. I dont plan on using gear for ever and might get away from it all now if there is much truth to this.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.19%

best way i could see that would greatly reduce this is to only cycle sparingly. literally, like one cycle a year wouldnt hurt much, i wouldnt believe. problem is, majority of people do so many cycles, that they forget how to workout off-cycle and lose motivation.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.91%

it doesn not reduce you ability to gain after.. not true.. unless your test takes a hard hit.. then you get on hrt
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
    it doesn not reduce you ability to gain after.. not true.. unless your test takes a hard hit.. then you get on hrt

This is right the guy in the article must have not ran his cycles proper with a good PCT. Or he wouldn't have ended on hrt for the rest of his life. Be smart have a good PCT and take enough time between cycles and you'll befine.
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

this is a fairy tale.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.63%

Not true at all. If anything, cycling keeps your body " off balance" and promotes continued growth. Look at pro atheletes ( that use but deny it). They continue to grow and perform both on and off....
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.29%

Quote Originally Posted by Presa View Post
    Not true at all. If anything, cycling keeps your body " off balance" and promotes continued growth. Look at pro atheletes ( that use but deny it). They continue to grow and perform both on and off....
    Good example, This guy also lost strength and size post cycle which is inevitable to an extent, therefore causing a drop mental motivation which may also be a factor? That feeling well I cant do "...." now because I'm off, something we all need to mentally conqueror after a cycle imo
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.5%

steroids increase muscle nuclei. and after ur off of them the nuclei still remains. therefor u can still remain big and possibly get bigger.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

That quote looks like it's from an anti-steroid PSA lol.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Supplement affecting athletic ability?
    By pierotti22 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 04:33 PM
  2. Age and ability, give me the truth....
    By houston1 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 01:34 PM
  3. reduce bodyfat and gain muscle
    By Rich08 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 04:33 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 07:01 PM
  5. how much muscle can you gain naturally
    By 1ad man in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 21