FATS OR CARBS

kkcinc

Awards
How do you know if a PH/PS/DS or AAS works best with increased fats or increased carbs. I know SD is carbs and I read fats for Phera, but how do people know for sure? Can you tell from the chemical name or is it experience? I'm sure personal goals(bulk/cut/recomp) play a part, but I want to know generally speaking.

hagels316

Awards
So you read that fats are good for Phera? interesting, never seen that before. Other than carbs for SD I really don't know. But in my experience, when I up'ed carbs a lot on SD, I just got more bloated (I don't really respond well to carbs on or off).

I usually take PH/DS with some fish oil. I don't think empty stomach should matter other than it may be absorbed quicker.

kkcinc

Awards
Yeah I just read it again, but it sounded more like a guess. This might have sounded like a dumb question, but If eating some fat or carbs with each dose makes it absorb better than I want to be up on that.

DBdude

DBdude

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I just read it again, but it sounded more like a guess. This might have sounded like a dumb question, but If eating some fat or carbs with each dose makes it absorb better than I want to be up on that.
non-methyl prohormoes absorb better with fat because they are fat soluble like vitamins A,D,E, and K. methyls I don't believe it makes a difference due to it being methylated it already absorbs quite well. I herd people using grapefruit juice though, due to its ability to deactivate CYP3A4 in the intestinal walls your body's 1st line of natural defense for outside chemicals is Inhibited. I wouldn't advise this though because you can't tell how much your actually getting. Some studies measured medication's blood concentration to be 10x greater with grapefruit juice vs. No grapefruit juice.< i could try and find the study if anyone is curious>

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes I don't think you really need to eat with most methyls.

You will grow best on cycle with the same diet ratios as you grow best off cycle. Trying to alter fat for phera or carbs for sd is stupid! Get your diet squared away how you prefer it and hit those macros. The whole SD needs carbs thing seems to be what got this all going but that's crap... SD doesn't need carbs more than any other steroid. It just happens to increase glyocogen stores more than your average steroid so extra carbs become more useful and add extra temporary glyocogen weight. Now alot of steroids will have the same effect just perhaps not quite as strongly as SD.

kkcinc

Awards
That is very interesting about the grapefruit juice. It would be helpful if there was a way to monitor it. I think BBdude had the answer I was looking for and it makes sense. You would want to do all you could to help those non-methyls absorb.

DBdude

DBdude

Awards
  • Established
That is very interesting about the grapefruit juice. It would be helpful if there was a way to monitor it. I think BBdude had the answer I was looking for and it makes sense. You would want to do all you could to help those non-methyls absorb.
Thats why their only effective dosed in the high mg and sometimes up to 1g doses. You can help it absorb, But due to the nature of the non methyl compound there isn't much you can do other than take it with some natty peanut butter