Letro has thinned out my hair - will it go back to normal after tapering off it?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
After my estrogen levels go back to normal will my hair go back to normal.

My hair is normally thick its letro that has made it thin out quite a bit. I was on 1.25mg ED now i have dropped to a quarter a day then will slowly drop it to a quarter E2D then taper off with a few weeks of nolva :)

Anyone experienced this? my mate did but he said once he got off it, his hair slowly returned to normal....

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're on cycle it's more likely the steroids...

If you're not on cycle... why are you taking letro? And at such a large dose?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
This thread reminds me, I'm going back into my research regarding hair loss prevention and mitigation - I once had a compiled list and synergy of supplements and hair products I put together after corresponding with a few leading experts and combing (haha pun) all the threads across the internet dealing with the subject.

I used Dutasteride for around half a year, and it was alright - but I don't like totally eradicating myself of DHT altogether, more trying to target the scalp location DHT issues.

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread but this is an issue many/all users face at some point in their athletic ambitions, so I'm sure it will be helpful. Best of luck.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I am taking it to get rid of rebound gyno, off cycle

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
If you're on cycle it's more likely the steroids...

If you're not on cycle... why are you taking letro? And at such a large dose?
Will my hair go back to normal state after i stop letro?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I can't answer this compound specific question, but I can say my hair slowly thickened to a noticeable degree around 3 months after cessation of my last cycle. I am however, on the generic version of Rogaine, which is MUCH less than name-brand at Wal Mart, and even LESS at Sam's Club :)

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Massage your scalp with Castor Oil for an hour before you get a shower. Supposed to regrow hair quite well.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Massage your scalp with Castor Oil for an hour before you get a shower. Supposed to regrow hair quite well.
Never heard of this, just google'd and it looks like it takes a few months to begin working but it also regains hair thickness and growth. An hour every day though is steep...

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Did you get rid of your gyno?
Pretty much! not ALL of it is gone but it is barely noticible

Im happy with the results :)

Just not happy with the hair thinnning!!

Jus spoke to my mates doc in regards 2 the hair loss n he confirmed that once my estrogen levels go back to normal my hair should return back to it's normal state before the treatment whatever that may be. He said it can also affect my test/estrogen balance so I need to wait until my levels return. I suppose your joints will get better or your sex drive will return to normal after stopping Letro...

I have no idea who to believe!!!

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If the doctor said so, probably.

Just make sure you TAPER OFF with letro to prevent any strong rebounding.

Joints will go back to normal and so will libido once normal T/E ratios are established for you.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
If the doctor said so, probably.

Just make sure you TAPER OFF with letro to prevent any strong rebounding.

Joints will go back to normal and so will libido once normal T/E ratios are established for you.
Yeah, i think thats we was getting at as well. Once al the levels are back to normal your body will go back to normal, hair, skin, libido and everything else.

Now i have been on 1.25mg ED. I have gone down to a quarter ED for a week then going to go a quarter E2D for another week, then maybe go a quarter E3D then come off. Then 2 weeks of Nolva...What you guys reckon?

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
ur hair aint growin back like it was. u played with fire and u got burned. on the upside of roids, ur hair will decrease but ur muscles will increase ;)

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
ur hair aint growin back like it was. u played with fire and u got burned. on the upside of roids, ur hair will decrease but ur muscles will increase ;)

Yea harsh lesson, the fact that you got gyno twice from H-drol maybe suggest to keep natural.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Ok. that is a very blunt comment.

I dont know, I am just going off what my mates dad said (Doctor). Letro can cause hair thinning but it is not a permanent side effect!

I didnt play with fire, i took the neccessary steps to get rid of my gyno! before surgery!