How do you know your T is too high to supplement with AAS/PHs?

wgalczak

Awards
I'm 22 years old, 23 in approx. 1 week and I'm wondering if there is a relatively conclusive way to find out if my T is too high to start a beneficial cycle? I still have a healthy amount of aggression, mild acne, consistent strength gains (no noob gains brah). Could I get a 50$ blood test and post results? :) I need all the advantages I can get to be overly fast, strong, and explosive for football.

stats:
268lbs. (approx. 18% bf)
6'1"
6-7 yrs lifting/football experience ex-powerlifter
NO AAS/PH experience, but I've done good amounts of research

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you are still making consistent gains then keep doing what you're doing.

Naturally, the only way I can make consistent gains bulking is if i get a lot of fat, and only way I can make consistent gains cutting is if i lose muscle.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Naturally, the only way I can make consistent gains bulking is if i get a lot of fat, and only way I can make consistent gains cutting is if i lose muscle.
When you look at it that way, it's quite Depressing.:sad2:

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established

As unfortunate as it is, it really becomes that way at a point.

wgalczak

Awards

Well in terms of gaining pure LBM I'm not sure that I am. I honestly don't give a **** as long as I stay in a healthy bodyfat% and stay fast. I need to gain heaps of strength. Overall as long as I'm consistently gaining strength (5lb pr's per week or every 2 weeks in most compound lifts) I should steer away from AAS for a while? I was considering doing something mild like epi to see how I respond. I am 23 so....

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bro if you are gaining 5 pounds of strength every 1-2 weeks you are doing amazing. 5 pounds like that adds up fast! Just keep doing what you're doing until you stall out your natural potential. Then your first cycle will blast through your natural plateau.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed with Unreal.

You're making great results natty. No need for AAS at this point. :)

wgalczak

Awards
Bro if you are gaining 5 pounds of strength every 1-2 weeks you are doing amazing. 5 pounds like that adds up fast! Just keep doing what you're doing until you stall out your natural potential. Then your first cycle will blast through your natural plateau.
I'm going to ask a question with caution in just a second and also give more information about myself. I took a while off due to a very slight injury should've only been off around a month and I was off a year. I've only really been back on the wagon for around 4-5 months. I'm strong now, I used to be VERY STRONG. Let me cite some examples.
18 yo 265lbs powerlifting strength:
benching 365 for 3 reps
squatting 495 for 5 reps (USAPL parallel)
deadlifting 495 for 3 reps
4.9s 40yd time at 265(!) lbs.

22 yo 268lbs gymrat/semi pro football player strength:
benching 295 for 3 reps
squatting 455 for 3 reps
deadlifting 415 for 4 reps
untimed 40, I'd imagine it's around 5s and I have a higher body fat % than before.

Wanting to have a shot at D1 football sooooo if I WERE to start a cycle would epi do the trick for strength gains? I haven't made a commitment to doing this yet I'm just afraid that I am actually in the noob gains stage still due to my previous strength and combines are going to hit me so ****ing hard next year...

PS I AM NOT trying to disregard your advice, I truly believe you guys mean the best for me, but the way that I lived my life I'm in the last year of eligibility for college ball and I've got about half a year until combines.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
If you don't get tested I would for sure do a cycle to get back to where you were, theoretically due to muscle memory you should gain a lot of what you lost back fast during a cycle. Epi would probably be a good starter too

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you are mainly concerned about strength epi is a good starting steroid. Look into Epi-strong it's dosed high enough to pull a decent cycle out of 1 bottle

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can't tell you what to do but If I had a small window like that I personally would to make sure I was in my best possible shape. That is as long as your not tested ortherwise it will all be for nothing if you get caught.