How much cardio is too much cardio on a Havoc recomp cycle? - AnabolicMinds.com

How much cardio is too much cardio on a Havoc recomp cycle?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

How much cardio is too much cardio on a Havoc recomp cycle?

Due to my schedule I always have to do cardio after my weight-training sessions. I usually do anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes. I don't have my post-workout shake (whey, dextrose, creatine) until I finish cardio. Is 45 minutes too long?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

bump
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

you have about an hour after your last rep to get in your protein before you become catabolic.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  211 lbs.

The longer you wait to drink a protein shake post-workout, the less time you have for the 90min window of opportunity when your muscles absorb the most nutrients.
    To get un-naturally big, you gotta do un-natural things
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

on days you don't lift i believe your body goes catabolic in 3 hours. Or atleast that is how it is on a bicycle.
    Comic Sans makes me feel gangsta
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  211 lbs.

Some advice My friend , the 2010 Mr. Natural Teen New York, gave me is to take some amino acids after your workouts but before cardio to help prevent you from becoming catabolic, Then drink your shake after cardio like usual
  7. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    The longer you wait to drink a protein shake post-workout, the less time you have for the 90min window of opportunity when your muscles absorb the most nutrients.
    With most nutrition in the general population, you're catabolic the entire weightlifting session. That's asinine to state something that isn't true. Your body's amino acid pool will provide adequate amounts of amino acids required for recovery (protein synthesis) during a 24 hour period. Think about this logically, it takes longer to digest and absorb amino acids from protein taken immediately after a workout than 'your' hour window to be beneficial. That's ridiculous.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  211 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by russy_russ View Post
    With most nutrition in the general population, you're catabolic the entire weightlifting session. That's asinine to state something that isn't true. Your body's amino acid pool will provide adequate amounts of amino acids required for recovery (protein synthesis) during a 24 hour period. Think about this logically, it takes longer to digest and absorb amino acids from protein taken immediately after a workout than 'your' hour window to be beneficial. That's ridiculous.
    Whey protein has a digestion time frame of around 30 mins, Hydrolyzed whey peptides are digested even faster. Waxy maize starch carbohydrates make it into your intestinal track within minutes. So it is easily achievable to deliver nutrition to your body within that time frame. Normal food may take over 2 hours to digest, but supplements allow for us to take full advantage of the IGF bolus that is released during heavy weight training sessions, This is where they get the 90 minute window where our muscles are absorbing larger amounts of nutrients. also I know you are somewhat catabolic already during training, but doing an additional 45 minutes of cardio without some source of nutrition will just further limit possible protein synthesis and extend the catabolic environment. other than artificial hormones, the best way to stimulate protein synthesis is to raise your blood amino acid levels far above normal levels. The longer you wait, the more time your missing out on raising muscular protein synthesis.

Not saying everything I said is 100% correct but thats just what I learned over the years of supplementation and weigh training. I would like to hear other peoples opinion on this issue also
  9. Advanced Member

Whey protein has a digestion time frame of around 30 mins, Hydrolyzed whey peptides are digested even faster. Waxy maize starch carbohydrates make it into your intestinal track within minutes. So it is easily achievable to deliver nutrition to your body within that time frame. Normal food may take over 2 hours to digest, but supplements allow for us to take full advantage of the IGF bolus that is released during heavy weight training sessions, This is where they get the 90 minute window where our muscles are absorbing larger amounts of nutrients. also I know you are somewhat catabolic already during training, but doing an additional 45 minutes of cardio without some source of nutrition will just further limit possible protein synthesis and extend the catabolic environment. other than artificial hormones, the best way to stimulate protein synthesis is to raise your blood amino acid levels far above normal levels. The longer you wait, the more time your missing out on raising muscular protein synthesis.

Not saying everything I said is 100% correct but thats just what I learned over the years of supplementation and weigh training. I would like to hear other peoples opinion on this issue also
    It's evident you don't know much about human physiology. Not trying to target you specifically, but the majority of the people on these types of forums assume the same standards which are a misconception.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  211 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by russy_russ View Post
    It's evident you don't know much about human physiology. Not trying to target you specifically, but the majority of the people on these types of forums assume the same standards which are a misconception.
    Could you explain how it all works? All that I know is from what I have learned from bodybuilders and some power lifters I met over the years. Of course thats broscience tho
  11. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

supplements allow for us to take full advantage of the IGF bolus that is released during heavy weight training sessions, This is where they get the 90 minute window where our muscles are absorbing larger amounts of nutrients.
    please point to a single scientific study showing that there is a statistically significant differenct between having something within 90 minutes as opposed to 120 or 180. Not being sarcastic, i'd like to see it if there is one.
  12. Advanced Member

Could you explain how it all works? All that I know is from what I have learned from bodybuilders and some power lifters I met over the years. Of course thats broscience tho
    Digestion time varies between macronutrients. For protein, it greatly depends on the peptide chain length and the composition of amino acids (some follow different metabolic pathways than others). ALL protein must be broken down into its subsequent amino acids which are then deaminated (removal of nitrogen, humans cannot metabolize nitrogen). Then the amino acids must be absorbed through capillary beds into the vascular system and taken up by damaged (in this case of recovery). In most cases, damaged cells have an adequate amino acid pool in the cytoplasm stored for immediate protein translation/synthesis (which is why that time frame notion is ridiculous). Depending on the type of exercise performed will determine the gene expression and subsequently the types of proteins which will be synthesized.

Carbohydrates work in a very similar fashion, with the exception of glucose. Glucose can be immediately taken up and oxidized for fuel. In most cases (depending on osmolarity), glucose supplementation can provide energy for cellular processes within 4 minutes. However, large chain polysaccharides must be degraded into glucose before absorption and cellular use as a substrate can occur.

You are always in a state of catabolism and anabolism. During exercise most cellular reactions are catabolic, anabolic during recovery. After ~10 minutes into exercise (weightlifting) muscle glycogen provides the majority of energy needed for cellular work (catabolic). Protein synthesis is always going to occur at a predisposed rate (varies between individuals and, of course, anabolic steroids). Protein cycling (synthesis/break down) also always occurs; however, during a caloric deficit break down exceeds synthesis.
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

annnndddddd are you catabolic even when on anabolic steroids? Im very curious

i would guess not but i dunno lol
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  211 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    please point to a single scientific study showing that there is a statistically significant differenct between having something within 90 minutes as opposed to 120 or 180. Not being sarcastic, i'd like to see it if there is one.
    No real scientific studies, Just Bioscience that has been told to me SOOO many times from SOO many bodybuilders, I just thought it was correct.

And he is right about the catabolic and anabolic at the same time, enzymes are always breaking down in your cells. In order to build muscle you just need to stimulate more enzymes being synthesized then breaking down. And anabolic steroids stimulate the synthesis to a greater degree
  15. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think its sort of like the "you have to take carbs with your post workout protein", coming from 1 study that showed increased protein uptake when taken with carbs after a fasted first thing in the morning workout. No real relevance for people who work out in the afternoon, or even eat breakfast before working out. But repeated as broscience often enough......
  16. NutraPlanet Fanatic

OP...I would stick to 20-25 minutes of HIIT.
  17. New Member

i would sip on a serving of bcaas during your weight training and cardio and then your pwo shake afterwards......

disclaimer-i do not know the science behind this
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

old bump, lol at the advice in this thread.....
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

One time I didn't eat breakfast, lost 80 pounds

It sucked, but I had a big lunch and gained most of that **** back
  20. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

what did i just read...........lol fail.
  21. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pitching101 View Post
    Due to my schedule I always have to do cardio after my weight-training sessions. I usually do anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes. I don't have my post-workout shake (whey, dextrose, creatine) until I finish cardio. Is 45 minutes too long?
    I'm sure you've figured it out by now but it really doesn't matter when you get your cals in throughout the day, just get them in..........you're on steroids bro! 8)
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I just get some isopure and melt it down into a spoon and force that **** right into my veins, needs to be done within 5 minutes post workout
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  23. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I just get some isopure and melt it down into a spoon and force that **** right into my veins, needs to be done within 5 minutes post workout

Similar Forum Threads

1. how effective are cardio & fat burners on a recomp?
    By cvs766 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 08:17 PM
  2. Interval Cardio & Steady State Cardio
    By baz350 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 06:58 PM
  3. Havoc, 11 oxo, methyl mastedrol effects on cardio
    By preston25 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 08:48 PM
  4. Replies: 7