Possible I'm never getting shutdown on cycle?

RandomDude

Awards
So, I've never really felt, through the 2-3 cycles I've done, anything that I thought was "shutdown" - so I got to wondering exactly what it feels like when one is "shutdown" and search found me this thread here:

anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/156114-what-does-shutdown.html

I've never done anything longer than 4-5 weeks (don't have a source for the 'real' gear and I won't run the OTC methyls for a long cycle) - but I have never felt anything remotely close to what people are talking about in that thread...

So, to be clear - if you are shutdown, I'm assuming you would absolutely 'feel' it, yes? I'm thinking perhaps I might have a bit lowered test production towards the end of some cycles, but even that is a guess cause I've always felt very even compared to before cycle, just a bit more aggression while 'on'

I always have nolva on hand, but if I'm not feeling shutdown-ish, would there be any point to using it PCT if I still feel good?

RandomDude

Awards
Well, your replies pretty much answer my question then - you can still be shutdown even if you have normal mood, libido, and energy levels, then, is what you folks are saying...

So then it would be wise to err on the side of caution and still run a full PCT regardless of how normal you test levels 'feel'

I was just unaware of how much/little you should 'feel' different when shutdown is occurring. Appreciate the replies so far.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes always run a full PCT after a steroid cycle. Please.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
if you can't get "real" gear and you won't run methyls, you've only been cycling weak nonmethyls? That's probably why you've never felt shutdown. Run Superdrol or Pheraplex for a month. I don't get lethargy or low libido from these, but I can tell when my sack shrinks up. All steroids will cause suppression to some extent, the stronger the steroid and the longer it's run, the more suppression.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
An excerpt from an informative article:

Post-Cycle-Therapy is a must upon cessation of steroid use. Many great Post Cycle Therapy protocols have been outlined over the years, and many individuals have had success with following such protocols. Nevertheless, what works can always work better, and I intend to show you the most effective way to recover from AAS. This is especially the case for those that have had a lack of success following popular advice. In this article I will address the misunderstanding and misuse of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) and show you the most efficient way to use hCG for the fastest and most complete recovery.

http://www.primordialperformance.com/store/health-fitness-articles-hcg.html

RandomDude

Awards
if you can't get "real" gear and you won't run methyls, you've only been cycling weak nonmethyls? That's probably why you've never felt shutdown. Run Superdrol or Pheraplex for a month. I don't get lethargy or low libido from these, but I can tell when my sack shrinks up. All steroids will cause suppression to some extent, the stronger the steroid and the longer it's run, the more suppression.
My post maybe wasn't clear. I won't run methyls for a long cycle - meaning I run them for 4-5 weeks max. I've done, and enjoyed, Phera, SD, and am currently 3 weeks into an epi cycle.

For the record, I ALWAYS have run a proper PCT, take proper support supps, have good diet and intense training, etc...(all the standard stuff AM members recommend)

I may have a low post count, but that's because I am well-educated in the use of the 'search' button, so I don't post much - I'm well read in AM's philosophies, and I've benefited from your (unreal) posts as well.

I just haven't found a whole lot of info on shutdown, and if one could "tell" - IF no libido loss, no shrinkage, no loss of energy or drive...did that mean no shutdown occurring?...that's where my question was coming from. Maybe it's cause I weight between 220-240 and tend to run a 'normal' dose on things, but I've never noticed the effects people refer to when they talk about being shutdown - hence the post. Thanks!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those markers you posted are not proof of being "shutdown" or not. This is why I recommend blood work for every cycle. Obviously you have done some research, my advice to you would be to get blood drawn while on cycle so that you can have empirical evidence.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My post maybe wasn't clear. I won't run methyls for a long cycle - meaning I run them for 4-5 weeks max. I've done, and enjoyed, Phera, SD, and am currently 3 weeks into an epi cycle.

For the record, I ALWAYS have run a proper PCT, take proper support supps, have good diet and intense training, etc...(all the standard stuff AM members recommend)

I may have a low post count, but that's because I am well-educated in the use of the 'search' button, so I don't post much - I'm well read in AM's philosophies, and I've benefited from your (unreal) posts as well.

I just haven't found a whole lot of info on shutdown, and if one could "tell" - IF no libido loss, no shrinkage, no loss of energy or drive...did that mean no shutdown occurring?...that's where my question was coming from. Maybe it's cause I weight between 220-240 and tend to run a 'normal' dose on things, but I've never noticed the effects people refer to when they talk about being shutdown - hence the post. Thanks!
You should notice testicular shrinkage, usually your balls won't hang as low, they'll get pulled up a bit. If you're not noticing this... suppression must still be occurring to some degree, perhaps you have a strong HPTA and don't get shutdown as easily.

JayJo

Banned
Awards
I'm only getting low libido and that's it for me.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
pretty much what others have said get blood work and what unreal said.great advice in this thread.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also never feel shutdown and I am one of the longest running gearheads on here around 15 years now. the only time I know i'm shutting down is shrinkage but at my age it is less noticeable than when i was in my 20's. Just one a PCT it will never hurt you.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the science behind steroids dictates "shutdown" of HPTA

there really isnt anyway about it

perhaps unreals theory has some credibility to it you could have a resilient HPTA thus causing shutdown to take longer to occur BUT get bloods man because all the science behind it sais u r

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
It's fully possible that a 1 month run of a non-aromatising oral won't shut you down. And I said shutdown (i.e. zero natural test production), not suppressed.
Now, If you said that you ran a real 19-nor cycle and didn't get shutdown, then I would have to call you out. lol

But regardless of whether you're completely shutdown or just partially suppressed, you should be running PCT afterward.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I did two different 7 week bridges from super to phera and my nuts never shrank and my nips felt fine, and I had "relations" with the old lady as usual, but I still did a SERM PCT, because I'm smart. LOL