Will this protect me against 1 test?

IHateGymMorons

Banned
Awards
I've heard that Propecia will not protect the scalp from DHT when using 1 test... Is this true? If it is, then will a topical anti-androgen such as Spiro and some of the other agents mentioned in recent post halt MPB when using a 1 test product??? I know they will help when using a 4AD, but 1 test supposedly converts by some unknown pathway???

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
search!

Even if 1-test/4-whatever/dbol/m-whatever doesn't convert to dht or not much, you can still lose hair because androgens will work directly on the AR even if they don't bind avidly (which is all the more reason I give more credence to Nandi's writeup on how steroids work).

Bottom line is - Spiro is good in all cases.

IHateGymMorons

Banned
Awards
"Search"

No duh thre smarty. You don't think I searched for an answer to my question? If you're going to reply, why don't you at least attempt to answer the question. If I knew everything in there was to know about Spiro and the chemical behavior or 1 test I wouldn't ask any questions about it. As far as I know 1 test itself doesn't bind to DHT receptors in the scalp and even if it does then answer my question...Will Spiro protect against this??? I know it's a good product from everything I've read and researched on it, but everything I've read relates directly to DHT or using some type of Testosterone. I haven't read much as it relates to 1 Test.

So can someone give me a straight, experienced or research based answer to my original question without writing "Search" as your first response.

Thanks

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Chill, son. He gave you the best answer. Just hedge your bets and use Spiro. And I don't think there are too many studies done using Spiro with any type of gear legal or not. And many people have lost hair on 1-t, and a good portion were taking proscar/propecia. If the dose is high enough you may lose hair no matter what you do.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
"Search"

No duh thre smarty. You don't think I searched for an answer to my question? If you're going to reply, why don't you at least attempt to answer the question. If I knew everything in there was to know about Spiro and the chemical behavior or 1 test I wouldn't ask any questions about it. As far as I know 1 test itself doesn't bind to DHT receptors in the scalp and even if it does then answer my question...Will Spiro protect against this??? I know it's a good product from everything I've read and researched on it, but everything I've read relates directly to DHT or using some type of Testosterone. I haven't read much as it relates to 1 Test.

So can someone give me a straight, experienced or research based answer to my original question without writing "Search" as your first response.

Thanks
You need to do more reading up and searching.

afaik you are totally wrong about 1-test binding and 'dht receptors'. And I did answer your question anyway in my previous post.

Squatking

Awards
alrigh stupid questio, would the hair grow back post cycle?

IHateGymMorons

Banned
Awards
MarcusG, you have to read my post and not just skim through it. I never said 1 Test binds to the scalp at all. In fact, I said "1 Test DOESN'T bind" to AR receptors.

Anyways, yes, I've heard that Finsteride will not help when using 1 Test, you will still lose hair if your are prone to it. Finasteride only blocks DHT systemically and not at the site. There's something mysterious about 1 Test that will get DHT to the scalp despite using Propecia.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
IHateGymMorons, where did you read that 1-test doesn't bind well to AR?

Even if it doesn't I gave the reason in my first reply why androgens affect hairloss regardless of whether:-
a. they bind well to AR or not
b. they convert to DHT(which binds well) or not

IHateGymMorons

Banned
Awards
1 Test seems to bind pretty well, I never meant that it didn't... I meant to say that 1Test doesn't bind to DHT receptros IN THE SCALP. I left off the "in the scalp" part. I mean to say that it's not the cause for hairloss in the scalp. The reason for that is primarily because of DHT receptors.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok then where did you find out about DHT receptors as opposed to AR?

IHateGymMorons

Banned
Awards
Ok then where did you find out about DHT receptors as opposed to AR?
Geez, you're so picky :) I mean that DHT is the androgen. Hairloss is to blame because the scalp's great affinity for DHT. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for helping me clear it up.