Definitive Hair protector?

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

The problem isn’t to bad just yet, but its in the post!

Minoxidil

Spiro

RU352153125

Nizoral

(please add to this list)

I would have done a poll for this but I am not sure how, if someone else would like to, or edit this post feel free.

There seem to be many hair products out there and everyone seems to have a favourite. Some are shampoos, some are creams, so are taken orally.

In short which is best!? And what are the different mechanisms behind them?

Heard the rumours about IGF1! Sounds almost to good to be true!

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just a note but minoxidil gives no protection whatsoever. It improves blood circulation (or something similar) to the scalp. Spiro/nizoral do block the AR directly.

And even if IGF grows hair, I doubt the effects are permanent. Nothing like a bunch of hair falling out and sticking to the towel to start getting depressed.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Nizoral Shampoo EOD
Spiro 2% twice a day prior to minoxidil application
Minoxidil 5% + Azelaic Acid 5% in the morning
Minoxidil 5% + Azelaic Acid 5% + Retonoic Acid 2% in the evening

Ultimate hair loss prevention combo. If you want to go a step further throw in some oral finasteride.

Ive regrown a noticeable amount of hair in a little over two months on this 'stack', I highly recommend it.
Basically, you're blocking androgens at the scalp via the Azelaic acid (100% DHT blockage at the application site) and Spiro (strong anti-androgen in general, blocking other molecules besides DHT, but I dont know the efficacy of it - just that it definately works). Then, you're encouraging hair regrowth with the Minoxidil and retonoic acid. The Nizoral also helps to block DHT and stimulate growth.

On days you dont use Nizoral, shampoo with 'Vive for Men' hair thickening shampoo and conditioner. It has a zinc-based ingredient in it, and I know that zinc is also a topical androgen blocker. Plus it makes your hair look great.

There's also a new shampoo called Nioxin that is supposed to work well.

Things to note - keep the Spiro away (FAR AWAY) from pregnant women- its so potent that it can cause serious harm to a male fetus.

And, you should use a good, thick conditioner with the Nizoral. Some recommend a few drops of Emu oil, but I havent tried that.

The beauty of this method is that it dosent have any negative systemic effects, its basically a completely topical solution to the problem.

And even if IGF grows hair, I doubt the effects are permanent. Nothing like a bunch of hair falling out and sticking to the towel to start getting depressed.
Ive spoke to a few bro's on the board who have used IGF-1, and they claim that the age defying effects of this compound appear to be permanent. I still wouldnt risk it though, its way too new and the mechanics of it modify your body on a genetic level. Its truly awesome when you think about it, but your not just playing with hormone levels here...who knows what the side effects could be down the road. If its still around when Im in my 70's, Im going to load up on it:) Ill be sure to start a cycle log.:)

BV

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ive spoke to a few bro's on the board who have used IGF-1, and they claim that the age defying effects of this compound appear to be permanent. I still wouldnt risk it though, its way too new and the mechanics of it modify your body on a genetic level. Its truly awesome when you think about it, but your not just playing with hormone levels here...who knows what the side effects could be down the road. If its still around when Im in my 70's, Im going to load up on it:) Ill be sure to start a cycle log.:)

BV
I'm skeptical that the effects on hair growth is permanant. I think the newly grown hair is going to fall out never to return again - although it may take months for the whole process. People have reported eyes/skin looking better with GH but regressing prior levels after finishing their cycles.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nizoral Shampoo EOD
Spiro 2% twice a day prior to minoxidil application
Minoxidil 5% + Azelaic Acid 5% in the morning
Minoxidil 5% + Azelaic Acid 5% + Retonoic Acid 2% in the evening

Ultimate hair loss prevention combo. If you want to go a step further throw in some oral finasteride.

Ive regrown a noticeable amount of hair in a little over two months on this 'stack', I highly recommend it.
Basically, you're blocking androgens at the scalp via the Azelaic acid (100% DHT blockage at the application site) and Spiro (strong anti-androgen in general, blocking other molecules besides DHT, but I dont know the efficacy of it - just that it definately works). Then, you're encouraging hair regrowth with the Minoxidil and retonoic acid. The Nizoral also helps to block DHT and stimulate growth.

On days you dont use Nizoral, shampoo with 'Vive for Men' hair thickening shampoo and conditioner. It has a zinc-based ingredient in it, and I know that zinc is also a topical androgen blocker. Plus it makes your hair look great.

There's also a new shampoo called Nioxin that is supposed to work well.

Things to note - keep the Spiro away (FAR AWAY) from pregnant women- its so potent that it can cause serious harm to a male fetus.

And, you should use a good, thick conditioner with the Nizoral. Some recommend a few drops of Emu oil, but I havent tried that.

The beauty of this method is that it dosent have any negative systemic effects, its basically a completely topical solution to the problem.

BV
Where do you get your spiro from? I used wholesalehairproducts.com for my spiro cream and I was kind of disappointed due to it being caked and seperated from solution.

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
BigVrunga - thanks for your full and informative replies, much appreciated.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
wholesalehairproducts -- you get what you pay for.
cheap products for cheap prices.
minoxidil.com is worth the money.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
BigVrunga - thanks for your full and informative replies, much appreciated.
Your welcome!

I'm skeptical that the effects on hair growth is permanant. I think the newly grown hair is going to fall out never to return again - although it may take months for the whole process. People have reported eyes/skin looking better with GH but regressing prior levels after finishing their cycles.
I know that the hair you regrow with minoxidil will fall out within a few months after you discontinue usage. It would make sense that, once the chemical is gone that is causing the hair regeneration, your body would regress and hair loss would continue.
Who knows though - if the stuff is growing new cells or causing your cells to multiply via hyperplasia - wouldnt those cells remain after your IGF-1 levels returned to normal? Don't know if it applies to hair follicles though...

We have to figure out a way to aspirate it into the scalp!:)

BV

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah, can someone like custom or designer come out with an all in one hair product for on cycle use? i don't have time to research this and that for my hair since i don't have any hair issues anyway, but would like some prevention just in case. how bout it?

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah, can someone like custom or designer come out with an all in one hair product for on cycle use? i don't have time to research this and that for my hair since i don't have any hair issues anyway, but would like some prevention just in case. how bout it?
when your hair starts falling out and sticking to towels and your hairdresser tells you you're thinning out, you'll make the time.

just do a search for hairloss, spiro, minoxidil, dio.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I know that the hair you regrow with minoxidil will fall out within a few months after you discontinue usage. It would make sense that, once the chemical is gone that is causing the hair regeneration, your body would regress and hair loss would continue.
Who knows though - if the stuff is growing new cells or causing your cells to multiply via hyperplasia - wouldnt those cells remain after your IGF-1 levels returned to normal? Don't know if it applies to hair follicles though...

We have to figure out a way to aspirate it into the scalp!:)

BV
Sounds interesting but I doubt it. I have a feeling it may take months to regress like minoxidil so the initial good feedback may change some months down the road. I'd be real interested for sure if gh/igf works for hair.

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
when your hair starts falling out and sticking to towels and your hairdresser tells you you're thinning out,.
that's just sad. everytime i see a juicer at the gym with a nice physique, he's either bald or getting bald.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
that's just sad. everytime i see a juicer at the gym with a nice physique, he's either bald or getting bald.
There are a few big older people with very lean hard physiques that look like they juice with a full head of hair at some gyms I go to. Genetics for hair loss do play a part here. I don't think they were using toupees.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
You cant combine spiro and minoxidil in solution - they react and produce an unpleasant smell. Fine if you apply them one at a time to the scalp, however. (Its recommeneded that you don't wear a hat) The products from Dr.Lee ARE all-in-one solutions. (all in three, basically)

The combo I mentioned in the above post *IS* the definative hair loss prevention method, as far as I know. You're covering all the bases here - DHT and androgen blockage to prevent loss,creating the right environment on your scalp to promote growth,and stimulating regrowth of your natural hair. If you're genetically prone to baldness, there's not much else you can do about it, that dosent affect you systemically. Yes, you'll have to use it for the rest of your life if you want to keep your hair - but 5 minutes twice a day and $35/month to keep my head full of hair is definately worth it.
Like I mentioned before, combining the topical method with an oral DHT blocker like finasteride may provide an even greater degree of effectiveness - but I havent tried it so I dont know for sure.

There are a few big older people with very lean hard physiques that look like they juice with a full head of hair at some gyms I go to. Genetics for hair loss do play a part here. I don't think they were using toupees
Yeah, they play the biggest part I believe. If you're from a family with men who keep a full head of hair well into old age, then chances are that the nerve receptors in your scalp dont respond to DHT. So even if you load up on anabolic drugs, the DHT in your system isnt going to negatively affect your hair. For the unfortunate many with hair loss in our families, you can cross your fingers or take the steps to prevent it.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I should also mention that even this method dosent work for everyone. On minoxidil.com, I think they state the statistics for the efficacy of their products. Something like 80% of users showed varying degrees of positive effects.

wholesalehairproducts -- you get what you pay for.
cheap products for cheap prices.
minoxidil.com is worth the money.
I agree - the stuff from Dr.Lee looks better, smells better, and goes on better than the stuff from wwhp.

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well, i don't have any hair problems nor do i have a family history of it, so can i just use dr lee's product for on cycle prevention? i've just been hearing here and there that you shouldn't use certain hair products on 1-test or 5AA? i'm just looking for some prevention on cycle w/o the hassles of trying to figure out what hair product to use with what androgen cycle. who has a simple answer for me?So, does dr lee's 3-in-1 for on cycle use cover it all?

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
lancelot, if you don't have problems yet, skip minoxidil - its pointless. Stick to spiro topicals for prevention and look at drlees new shampoo(nizoral+azelaic) which is also good for prevention/minimising hairloss. You should be set unless some new super duper compound comes up.

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lancelot, if you don't have problems yet, skip minoxidil - its pointless. Stick to spiro topicals for prevention and look at drlees new shampoo(nizoral+azelaic) which is also good for prevention/minimising hairloss. You should be set unless some new super duper compound comes up.
thanks for the recs marcus. so i'll just stick with spiro topical or dr lee's shampoo with nizoral+azelaic. ok then, i'll just go buy whatever is cheapest. i'm just being a little anal hearing about all this hair loss, so i might as well join the club at least on cycle. thanks man.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I second what MarcusG suggested, lancelot - if you dont have a family history of hair loss - just stick with spiro and the nizoral shampoo.

BV

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
BigVrunga, thanks again, would you have the web address for Dr Lee's products?