Update to " I had a heart attack, are you kidding??"

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Greetings,
I wanted to give an update to my original post; “I had a heart attack. Are you kidding me?” I hope everyone reads this so they can continue with their kickass AM lifestyle, but with a little more knowledge.

I’m back at home and doing very good, but have new stent in one of my heart arteries. I’m posting this because some members had asked about which PH/AAS I had used over the past four years. After discussing everything with my doctor, he and I agree it was more my family genetics than the PH/AAS. Unfortunately, the PH/AAS just didn’t help matters as it related to me. I figure over the past four years I have done SD, Phera, Ten X, Dimethazine, Havoc, Spawn, and Protodrol. Ten bottles total over four years. Good? Bad?

Since I’m on TRT I never needed a true PCT, but followed a regimen for “liver health” since that was my ONLY concern at the time; not LDL cholesterol!! But, here is where I want to give some advice. Check your family history and see if you are prone to heart disease or bad cholesterol or anything else even if you lead a healthier lifestyle than your parents did. That was my mistake!! !! Because I didn’t smoke, eat bacon or drink a half gallon of Jack Daniels ever day like good old dad and Grand dad, I thought certain things didn’t apply to me. The doctors agreed too. We were both wrong!! After all, all my “young” gym friends said I was in awesome shape for 45! Live and learn…….

So, rock on with what you do or what you take for muscle growth, but take the time to ask your parents about possible pre-existing genetic problems. What may be OK for some may not be OK for you. Even borderline test results can be hazardous if you are taking PH/AAS….. AND (stress AND!!) you are genetically predisposed to something bad.

Peace to everyone and keep striving to be better!! I uploaded a pic of my blocked artery before they fixed it. Not good for a 45 year old health nut!!

Attachments

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to know you are doing better.

You mention LDL in your post, but I think are somewhat missing the point of lipid problems with AAS.

The severe hit to HDL is the biggest problem to lipid levels with AAS usage.

I don't have time to dig up the studies right now, but literally if you lower your HDL by say 50%, the amount of plaque formation raises by 50%, there is no diminishing returns on lipids. Lipids also can stay lower for more than 6 weeks after cessation of the product.

In this field I think liver values are good to watch and all, but it is the lipid values that are the silent killer in AAS usage scenarios.

But besides all that! Glad to hear you are doing well.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, and I have seen blood work where SD lowered HDL down below 8.. and normal should have been above 40.

Food for thought.

princevince

Awards
  • Established
sorry to hear Presa, God Bless You and glad you're okay man, thanks for the awareness.
Now rest up, mang and recover well

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the followup. Glad you're home and doing well.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, and I have seen blood work where SD lowered HDL down below 8.. and normal should have been above 40.

Food for thought.
To elaborate further, ideal HDL is 60. At that level, it is considered a "positive risk factor."

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Everyone is right about the Lipid profile. Even though my cardiologist was most upset about the high LDL, it was the "combination" of the low HDL and high LDL ratio that was doing me in.

I may start looking at this new DAA once I'm back on my feet and in the gym again. But, only after extensive research to make sure its not counterproductive to my genetics!

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Food for thought.
Yup...scary

In my opinion the whole liver toxicity is overrated, and lipid toxicity is underrated, although they are related. Everyone wants to see liver enzyme levels on peoples bloodwork. Sure that is good, but show me your HDL!

Glad you are back home and doing well Presa!

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^boy that was confusing..LOL
hahaha yea i guess it was

I just meant if the liver is stressed, it is typical that your lipids will also get worse. But people usually just stop after they see liver enzyme values and draw their conclusion!

Your liver can fix itself way faster than your lipids will get back to normal

BrYmAsTeR17

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hahaha yea i guess it was

I just meant if the liver is stressed, it is typical that your lipids will also get worse. But people usually just stop after they see liver enzyme values and draw their conclusion!

Your liver can fix itself way faster than your lipids will get back to normal
Yeah I just found it funny how you said overated, underated, then related haha. Thankgod the liver has this ability or we'd all be screwed!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Presa: Props for sharing your insightful learning experience for the rest of us and best of luck to you for a full recovery.