Got Rage???

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm a pretty laid back guy...try to let things just roll of my back, but I've noticed when I'm on a cycle of ph's I tend to get some "roid rage". It's like my fuse is half burnt, but I manage to blow off steam in the gym and keep things under wraps. I know some may have this aggression worse than others...

The purpose of this thread is to invite anyone whose experienced the same and to talk, advice, or even vent...but to hopefully help others and use this surge of aggression in a constructive way i.e. building a better physique.

I guess you could call it "RA" --Rager's Anonymous :D

size

Awards
  • Established
The effects of supraphysiological doses of testosterone on angry behavior in healthy eugonadal men--a clinical research center study.

Tricker R, Casaburi R, Storer TW, Clevenger B, Berman N, Shirazi A, Bhasin S.

Division of Endocrinology, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, California 90059, USA.

Anecdotal reports of "roid rage" and violent crimes by androgenic steroid users have brought attention to the relationship between anabolic steroid use and angry outbursts. However, testosterone effects on human aggression remain controversial. Previous studies have been criticized because of the low androgen doses, lack of placebo control or blinding, and inclusion of competitive athletes and those with preexisting psychopathology. To overcome these pitfalls, we used a double-blind, placebo-controlled design, excluded competitive athletes and those with psychiatric disorders, and used 600 mg testosterone enanthate (TE)/week. Forty-three eugonadal men, 19-40 yr, were randomized to 1 of 4 groups: Group I, placebo, no exercise; Group II, TE, no exercise; Group III, placebo, exercise; Group IV, TE plus exercise. Exercise consisted of thrice weekly strength training sessions. The Multi-Dimensional Anger Inventory (MAI), which includes 5 different dimensions of anger (inward anger, outward anger, anger arousal, hostile outlook, and anger eliciting situations), and a Mood Inventory (MI), which includes items related to mood and behavior, were administered to subjects before, during, and after the 10 week intervention. The subject's significant other (spouse, live-in partner, or parent) also answered the same questions about the subject's mood and behavior (Observer Mood Inventory, OMI). No differences were observed between exercising and nonexercising and between placebo and TE treated subjects for any of the 5 subdomains of MAI. Overall there were no significant changes in MI or OMI during the treatment period in any group. Conclusion: Supraphysiological doses of testosterone, when administered to normal men in a controlled setting, do not increase angry behavior. These data do not exclude the possibility that still higher doses of multiple steroids might provoke angry behavior in men with preexisting psychopathology.

Juiceman

Awards
  • Established
I'm running 600mg's of 5aa Cyp a week, it has been my first week and I'll tell you right now I'm definately gonna have problems with having a short fuse. I have started to feel the effects of it yesterday and it seems more pronounced today. I just get so fucking pissed so easily right now and I'm normally not like that, people keep telling me that I must be in a bad mood but if they weren't acting so fucking stupid I wouldn't be so pissed! This should be interesting.................. can't wait to get to the gym tonight!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to agree with the study in this one. For the most part, it's in our head. Perhaps, if the individual already has a bad temper, roids could pronounce it in some way but I've seen more cases not flip out than those that do. I think it's another case of roids getting a bad wrap.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Well as much as I hate to see roids get a bad rap (..oops too late for that actually) the study is only looking at one variable out of many and one compound out of many. I think the last line of the abstract says it all. Having done a few cycles of several different compounds I tend to believe that roid rage is real (for myself at least)..however I see it only as an increase in aggression/angry thoughts not an uncontrollable "Hulking out" under most circumstances.

I believe a responsible user, knowing he is under the influence of a compound that will enhance his libido will not go out and rape every person he meets. Likewise, I believe that the responsible steroid user will not let his anger get the best of him knowing that he using a compound that increases aggression. There are going to be idiots out there that just let themselves go and get violent when juicing. These people damage the reputation of responsible roid users but that is the price we pay. Idiots exist in all mediums and genres, it is the responsible and wise that must see that they do as little damage as possible.

I feel it's better to address this aspect of roid use rather than sweep it under the rug and claim it does not exist. We can either be a voice for the resonsible steroid user or we can sit back and let the media continue to sensationalize a few bad seeds. I vote for the former.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree bioman, I hate to reinforce the 'roid rage thing', and I don't know how I would feel or react to test, maybe it wouldn't bother me? Guys I know personally have said they feel great on test. I do know that 1-test trans, M1T, and even M5AA seem to effect MY mood some. Not to a great degree, but my temper is just a little shorter. Then again, why shouldn't my mood be altered - I'm experiencing a hormonal imbalance, right? The bigger problem for me is PCT. I think it's the lack of test that makes me irritable as hell.

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have been getting mad at my computer when it dosent load fast enough haha

yeah fuse seems shortened, on week 2 of t1pro.. first cycle so this seems noticable irritation to me.

size

Awards
  • Established
How about this one:

"A new study on testosterone and agression was adjusted by letting the animals set in and establish a social order prior to supplementation. It was demonstrated that only the more dominant males were significantly affected in terms of agressive behaviour by testosterone."

Reference : Federica Briganti, Danielle Della Seta, Giuliano Fontani, Leda Lodi, Concetta Lupo. Behavioral effects of testosterone in relation to social rank in the male rabbit. Agressive Behavior, volume 29, pages 269-278 (2003)

Just to add, I have used a wide range of drugs and dosages, and I have NEVER had any problems with rage or aggression. I think it is important to take note in the first study the ending line, "These data do not exclude the possibility that still higher doses of multiple steroids might provoke angry behavior in men with preexisting psychopathology."

So in conclusion, if you are a jerk, then you are a jerk

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I tend to walk both sides of the fence, I do tend to feel a little more moody, but at the same time being responsible, and in control of a given situation can happen anywhere if you are in control.If you tend to turn anger outward, and it becomes a problem then DO something about it constructivley..."calmer heads will prevail"

Roid rage, road rage, going postal...it's all the same.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Isn't it reasonable to expect hormones to affect emotions though? Not that it gives anyone an excuse to be an asshole, it doesn't, but don't hormones like estrogen and test have a role in our emotions and behavior?
Can I use your closing quote on my wife next time she has PMS? Of course I'd paraphrase, and if I'm taking clomid it may come out as something like, "Don't give me that PMS ****, you're just a whining, monkey-faced bitch!" :D

Just to add, I have used a wide range of drugs and dosages, and I have NEVER had any problems with rage or aggression. I think it is important to take note in the first study the ending line, "These data do not exclude the possibility that still higher doses of multiple steroids might provoke angry behavior in men with preexisting psychopathology."

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Isn't it reasonable to expect hormones to affect emotions though? Not that it gives anyone an excuse to be an asshole, it doesn't, but don't hormones like estrogen and test have a role in our emotions and behavior?
Can I use your closing quote on my wife next time she has PMS? Of course I'd paraphrase, and if I'm taking clomid it may come out as something like, "Don't give me that PMS ****, you're just a whining, monkey-faced bitch!" :D
HAHAH thats killer, if i had a wife id say that to her ;) (hence why im not married..)

I agree with the predisposition to psychopathy though, i mean, they are still your emotions to control.. or do they control you? If you are the latter anything affecting your emotional well being will **** u up

PastorofMuppets

Awards
Maybe I'm just a rookie with a tiny test undec/proviron cycle and a 4ad trans/m1t cycle under my belt, but I didn't notice much in the way of rage. Sure, I had more energy and aggressiveness, but aggressiveness in and of itself doesn't necessarily translate into an outward expression of anger.

I did find that I had a newfound need to get back into hitting a heavy bag for cardio though. ;)

xpander007

Awards
I'm usually cool during a cycle its those first 4-5 days off that give me problems. I get extremely moody, not mad just moody.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
How about this one:

"A new study on testosterone and agression was adjusted by letting the animals set in and establish a social order prior to supplementation. It was demonstrated that only the more dominant males were significantly affected in terms of agressive behaviour by testosterone."

Reference : Federica Briganti, Danielle Della Seta, Giuliano Fontani, Leda Lodi, Concetta Lupo. Behavioral effects of testosterone in relation to social rank in the male rabbit. Agressive Behavior, volume 29, pages 269-278 (2003)

lol, fine. M1t works at the gene transcription level enhancing the expression of "asshole" tendencies.

I've read other studies done on lizards that had a test emitting implant placed sub Q. The males exhibited an increase in territoriality to the point where they stopped eating. In short they fought/defended territory until they died or the implants were removed.

But all in all, we're not lizards.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

To be honest when I was on my M1T stand alone cycle I was actually less of a jerk. I will be the first to admit I get pissy kind of quick but when I was on cycle I was calmer and happier. I guess just knowing that my weight and strength is going up at almost every workout made me extremely happy. Its being off that makes me bitchy. To each their own though. I also did notice more aggressiveness while on cycle in the way of libido and the desire to go to the gym and workout harder and longer. I didnt wanna punch strangers in the face though! :)

-2z-

Awards
  • Established

"Conclusion: Supraphysiological doses of testosterone, when administered to normal men in a controlled setting, do not increase angry behavior."

Exactly. The media hyped "roid rage" as is known by the public is mostly a myth.

azurescen

Awards
m1t made me wanna rip my wife's head of and stuff it up her ass.

oh..wait, i guess i wanted to do that before the m1t though...

but i can't honestly say it didn't cross my mind that i could maybe use "roid rage" as a temporary insanity defense in court!

LOL But damn, i love that bitch!