An in depth AAS question for discussion??

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
After researching this site and reading both Seth Roberts and W. Llewellyn's book, it begged me to ask this question: What advantage is there in doing more than 4-5 effective steroid cycles in one’s lifetime?

Everyone says that on an effective cycle, you may keep 8-10 pounds of lean body mass. So, in theory, if there are roughly (4) six week AAS cycles in a year with PCT, theoretically a guy who starts at 180 pounds could end up at 260 by year’s end(more than 30% gain in lean mass). Then next year he tops out at 340, then on to 420 at the end of year three. But, we know that the human body is only capable of amassing a much smaller amount of lean mass(25-35%) because nobody goes from 180 to 420 in three years, and certainly not ever.

So, can anyone provide a logical reason in doing more than 4-5 steroid cycles once you have amassed approximately 30% of your starting body weight, which seems to be the most realistic average?

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Wow!!! Anyone??? Are we all afraid to hear that maybe we are wasting our money by not doing cycle after cycle?!?!

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
After researching this site and reading both Seth Roberts and W. Llewellyn's book, it begged me to ask this question: What advantage is there in doing more than 4-5 effective steroid cycles in one’s lifetime?

Everyone says that on an effective cycle, you may keep 8-10 pounds of lean body mass. So, in theory, if there are roughly (4) six week AAS cycles in a year with PCT, theoretically a guy who starts at 180 pounds could end up at 260 by year’s end(more than 30% gain in lean mass). Then next year he tops out at 340, then on to 420 at the end of year three. But, we know that the human body is only capable of amassing a much smaller amount of lean mass(25-35%) because nobody goes from 180 to 420 in three years, and certainly not ever.

So, can anyone provide a logical reason in doing more than 4-5 steroid cycles once you have amassed approximately 30% of your starting body weight, which seems to be the most realistic average?
because you WONT be gaining the same amount after a while., first cycle or 2 sure maybe 8-15lb then your lucky to gain 5lb per cycle while you have alrady gained alot.
also its not JUST about sher mass for bbing.
Its basicly like this: a sculpure, sure you put on a **** load of clay on and gained alot. but it may take MANY years to sculpt it like you want it. you could still look like **** at 260.
just because I hit 260lb dont mean i cant gain more muscle on my delts for a nicer rounder delt muscle, or add an inch to my upper chest to even it out to the lower chest muscle.
and then theres the love for bbing wich is it not the main why?

then there is maintaining.

how i see it is there are quit a few points to run more then just a few cycles.
the first few mean less to me then the later ones in developing the body in my op.

maybe my op helps you? maybe not
thats what came to my mind when i saw this post.

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
now if you ment ewhy not just stay on for a yea ron heavy aas. then there are ALSO many reez why not to.
besides health issues that may arise.
your gains WILL slow if nto stopping a cycle for a year, due to SHBG , Mayostatin ect. (the body trying to maintain balance)
so its not the same thing.
I would at the vary least go on HRT dose of test for 2-4months after each "cycle" but i would not rec this if you are very young thow.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Excellent reply. If I understand what you are saying, instead of stopping after 4-5 cycles over so many years; by doing more cycles you may make gains in lagging areas that might have otherwise never reached their potential. Excellent point.

Hunter Killer

Awards
Interesting topic. I've often wondered myself if i can do my cycles to put on the muscular weight I need and then just maintain that naturally as long as I want to. Or, once you start, you're signed up to do cycles as long as you plan to maintain the mass you gain.... hmmm....

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You gain some you loose some. A lot of things can happen to cause a person to loose the gains, they get sick, or injured. guys diet down and if you are trying to get lean mass beyond your natural limit, you are not going to get it without steroids.

And some people just like being on cycle. I honestly don't see myself reaching 200lbs, maybe 190, but def not a lean 190. But then how many of us said "I'm gonna get to this ... weight, and stop? Only to find it was so easy to get here, why not go for more?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
well the genetic limit for everybody is different and people cycle when they are at different stages of attaining their genetic limits. But regardless of your limits, steroids give you the capacity to exceed them, at least temporarily; they provide instant gratification with size and strength gains, not to mention assisting in a cut which would have resulted in LBM loss if done naturally.

I have made very little progress overall in the last couple years vs my first few years of lifting and it sucks but cycling at least makes it more fun and bit by bit you inch forward.

I will always be tempted to cycle just because of how fun the instant gratification is. Or the feel of being rock solid and pumped all day long. Killing it in the gym and getting insane pumps. Logically yes there will be diminishing returns with more cycles but that's just because natural gains would be effectively zero.

I really think if i were to try to progress naturally my rate of progress would be sooo close to zero. I can bulk and gain muscle naturally... but it requires so much cals that I become fat. And I can cut the fat just fine naturally... but I always get slightly smaller and weaker. The steroids help but once you are close to your limits it's slow going. I still make huge gains when I take stuff like SD but it's all rather temporary.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Most gains are temporary unless you continue to cycle.

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
Because with regular cycling, you can look and feel like a beast for almost half of the year. It's more about the ride than the destination, since its really difficult to stay well above your genetic potential, anyways. Well planned AAS cycles are amazingly enjoyable, not at all like some miserable PH/DS oral cycle.
And if you just blast and cruise like a lot of serious athletes and BBers, well, its pretty much all gravy.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

part of it is when they talk about gaining + keeping 8-10 lbs, you aren't talking about a 6 week cycle, but more like a 10-12 week cycle to retain that. You combine that with the fact that most of the people who do cycle steroids don't have their lives all that well under control, either dietarily, timewise, jobwise or other personal life wise, or sadly injury. So distractions hit at some point that cause you to lay off training or diet, so you either lose mass or gain fat which restarts the cycling when you get back into it.

Over the last 4 years i've seen maybe a handful of people in this forum out of thousands who manage to stay consistent and not have some personal life event cause problems, even if its just lack of time. I'll admit that I haven't been 100% consistent either, partially because I tend to experiment, partially because of medical reasons, partially because of injury.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Divorce knocked a few cycles off me. Injuries have caused me to stay about the same. Lots of gaining and losing. Looking forward to another cycle.