Drol question

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
what causes the hairloss often associated with anadrol, if it doesnt convert to dht?

paperbolix

Awards
it converts to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which causes the hairloss

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
From BC's steriod profile.................If you can translate this in english, please do!!

Other notes I should mention about this compound are that oxymetholone's androgenic qualities are not linked to a 5-alpha reduced form. As a matter of fact it shows rather poor interaction with the 5AR enzyme, making it futile to treat a possible increase in hair loss with 5-alpha reductase-blocking products such as finasteride. Its androgenic component stems from the fact that oxymetholone is very much like Dihydrotestosterone were it not for the added 2-hydroxymethylene group. Since this group can be metabolically removed, that would leave methyl-DHT. A compound with a weaker affinity for the androgen receptor than straight DHT, but more active and with less affinity for the DHT-reducing enzyme 3beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. Ultimately resulting in much stronger, instead of weaker androgenic effects than compounds that are actively 5-alpha reduced. This evens out largely, because the distribution is even across the body, where 5-alpha-reduction usually concentrates more potent androgenic forms in androgen responsive tissue such as skin and scalp

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
what causes the hairloss often associated with anadrol, if it doesnt convert to dht?
It's more of a sebaceuos gland thing. Doesn't it make you oily? It's one of the worst, be I never lost hair on it. Also, it's already 5-reduced if you think about it. A novel idea is that anatomical changes in the vasculature of the skin may lead to hair loss in prone people.

paperbolix

Awards
Well it says in one of my books:
{It is important to note that anadrol does exhibit some tendency to convert to DHT, although this does not occur via the 5-alpha reductase enzyme (responsible for altering testosterone to form DHT) Anadrol is already a DHT based steroid. Aside from the c-17 it differs to DHT only by the addition of 2-hydrozymethylene group.}

OK not sure I fully understand that but basically it turns to DHT, just not all of it does but consider with anadrol your taking alot - 50-100mg a day so you have these high androgenic sides-oily skin, acne, hairloss.

it doesnt convert to dht.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Well it says in one of my books:
{It is important to note that anadrol does exhibit some tendency to convert to DHT, although this does not occur via the 5-alpha reductase enzyme (responsible for altering testosterone to form DHT) Anadrol is already a DHT based steroid. Aside from the c-17 it differs to DHT only by the addition of 2-hydrozymethylene group.}

OK not sure I fully understand that but basically it turns to DHT, just not all of it does but consider with anadrol your taking alot - 50-100mg a day so you have these high androgenic sides-oily skin, acne, hairloss.
Yeah, it means that it acts through Methyl-DHT...and that is an even stronger form....this is because of hte additiion of the 2-hydro group that merely alters it a bit when compared to DHT. And since 5AR types 1 and 2 concentrate the AR response in mostly skin and scalp, M-DHT concentrates them evenly throughout the whole body....