Diet and Routine while on FIRST cycle.

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so I am soon starting my first cycle of Sustanon 250. I just wanna make sure I get the most out of it so I have been asking alot of questions. I will be running it alone, strictly sustanon 250.

Obvioulsy, (please no bashing for this....) I dont wanna gain to much fat, I know to get bigger I gotta eat above maintanence, but how can I keep fat gain to a minimum? Would it be good to lay off cals on off days? I plan on being in the gym M,W,F.

This is where the next question comes in, should I do a split? Like Chest/bis, Legs/Shoulders, Back/tris. OR fullbody 3x a week?

hard iron

hard iron

Awards
  • Established
dude nobody wants to flame you but when your asking simple questions like this about diet and training it makes things look really bad about taking steroids.

you need to get the basics down first then hit the juice.

you gotta learn to walk before you can run, you know what im saying?

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
Standard would be to eat 500kcal surplus ED. I would eat a lot more when on cycle. Your body does not work on a 24hour basis e.g. eating 500kcal over maintenance on training days, then eating maintenance on rest days will get you nowhere very very slowly. So man up, eat clean and you should be fine. Remember timing your meals is important e.g. big ass meal in the morning/before you train/after you train. You're gona gain some fat, thats why you cut later.

3 days a week sounds a bit weak, especially on cycle when you will actually have a better recovery rate. How long you been training?

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to ask the newb questions, been lifting 5 years. Went from 140lbs at 12%bf to now, about 190 @ 12-13ish%.

I know I should eat 500 above, and what not (I do have some knowledge) I just have been studying more about the steroids them selves and not sure how much should change while on them as far as diet and routine, so say dont change routine, other say hit the gym WAY more.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to ask the newb questions, been lifting 5 years. Went from 140lbs at 12%bf to now, about 190 @ 12-13ish%.

I know I should eat 500 above, and what not (I do have some knowledge) I just have been studying more about the steroids them selves and not sure how much should change while on them as far as diet and routine, so say dont change routine, other say hit the gym WAY more.
Dont change what works for u too much. My way of looking at it is use ur best set up for when u go on cycle. What I mean is do sh1t u know works for U. Which is y I dont think people with limited training should juice. Obviously if ur stats r correct u have some idea what works for u.

BTW DC 3 times a week isnt weak.

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I totally agree with hawk. Do what works for you. Dc training is a fantastic program, actually one of te best in the world for sure, and it's a m/w/f routine. That would be a good place to start researching. Even if you don't do the whole program you could use it to inspire your own one such as upper, lower, upper ect. That way you still hit everything 2 times per 8 days when on cycle. Though if you get volume fatigue than it would not be good to just switch to a program with more vol and not keep intensity up.

You can definetly help keep the fat off by nutrient timing. Look at "lean gains" website as it has great info there about well lean gains. He use intermitent fasting which is awesome if you can get all good down in 8 hours. Either way he likes half your calories to be post workout meal. If you went down to maintainance on non workout days or just slightly above it, or moderately above it with cardio I think you'll stay lean.

You can also invest in a nutrient repartion/ insulin mimicer such as purus labs slin shot. Stuffs pretty strong so gotta make sure n get your carbs in. Lastly you could look into igf-1 to help keep the gains leaner as well.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
You can definetly help keep the fat off by nutrient timing. Look at "lean gains" website as it has great info there about well lean gains. He use intermitent fasting which is awesome if you can get all good down in 8 hours. Either way he likes half your calories to be post workout meal. If you went down to maintainance on non workout days or just slightly above it, or moderately above it with cardio I think you'll stay lean.

You can also invest in a nutrient repartion/ insulin mimicer such as purus labs slin shot. Stuffs pretty strong so gotta make sure n get your carbs in. Lastly you could look into igf-1 to help keep the gains leaner as well.
Nutrient timing is huge. I have virtually no experience with steroids, but I can say from personal experience that once I started intermittent fasting and eating in an 8-hour window based on my workouts, I've been able to gain weight while keeping my body fat % at almost exactly the same. I can't imagine going back to eating every 2-3 hours like I've always read/been told.

-j

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

The important part to keep in mind is that since you are likely doing a 10-12 week cycle that your maintenance and therefore your calorie intake target will change week by week as you gain mass. So you are going to want to continue to adjust upwards as the cycle goes on.

shainesboost

Awards
Cool, o and by the way, I am a type 1 diabetic, so I give my self insulin injections when needed (after I eat). Should I do something different?

shainesboost

Awards
I totally agree with hawk. Do what works for you. Dc training is a fantastic program, actually one of te best in the world for sure, and it's a m/w/f routine. That would be a good place to start researching. Even if you don't do the whole program you could use it to inspire your own one such as upper, lower, upper ect. That way you still hit everything 2 times per 8 days when on cycle. Though if you get volume fatigue than it would not be good to just switch to a program with more vol and not keep intensity up.

Thats crazy, sorry to rob the thread but I am diabetic and never heard of such thing, I dont make any insulin naturally so I have to inject it as needed (when I eat). I wonder if I could use this to my advantage?

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thats crazy, sorry to rob the thread but I am diabetic and never heard of such thing, I dont make any insulin naturally so I have to inject it as needed (when I eat). I wonder if I could use this to my advantage?
No I'm sure it woud not come close to real slin. I wouldn't even experiment with it if I were you unless you found legit reserch showing beneits of use for a diabetic. Stick to your slin as. Reccomended by your doctor. It's the one drug I don't think people should alter or mess with.

shainesboost

Awards
No I didnt mean quit taking slin! LOL my ass will die! I meant, I wonder if I could time my slin shots to help with nutrient delivery ect.