Consensus on Protomax?

EArch

Awards
  • Established
I have been for the past few weeks debating my first cycle in my head, and have decided on a 5 week cycle of either Protomax or Pmag at 50/75/75/75/75.

I know Pmag is more of a bulker, but the claims and reviews of Protodrol back when it was new have had me interested for some time.

What are you thoughts on Protomax vs Pmag as a first cycle as outlined above?

PCT will consist of a SERM and a cortisol controller.

indianballer

indianballer

Awards
  • Established
No idea about protomax, the reviews seem to paint it as similar to h-drol/p-mag as far as gains/sides. I would say don't buy in to all the stuff about p-mag being more of a bulker than h-drol. I've run them both at 100 mg's and I feel like I got more out of h-drol, but both are decent compounds. I would suggest p-mag because I liked it...the old pro-magnon 25 was my first ever cycle and I thought it was the best **** ever til I tried that original Methyl Masterdrol lol (superdrol)

But I don't suppose you could go wrong with either one. I would strongly suggest to run whichever one you choose for 6 weeks, even as a first cycle. Something like 50/50/75/75/75/75, or if you feel like you could be getting more gains and you haven't noticed any side effects, you could jump up to 100 for the last 2 weeks. I can tell you from experience 50 mg's of any of those 3 will not be something to write home about. Well I can't speak for proto-drol but from what I read it's very similar to those 2 in practice.

EArch

Awards
  • Established
The reason why I lean towards 5 weeks is because thats how long my break (winter) from school last, not sure I want to go back with still another week on cycle and then start PCT. Though maybe I could go for 6 weeks.

indianballer

indianballer

Awards
  • Established
I've run cycles and gone into PCT during school, it's not gonna send you on an emotional roller coaster to the point where your school work suffers. The only problem I came across was I was constantly trying to get on the forums and get all the information possible and was thinking about my workout that day when I should have been focusing on school, but I don't think you should cut your cycle short because of going back to school. Just my oppinion.

kyran

Awards
Earch, you can definitely run a cycle while at school, I have been doing it for the past couple of years. I found that the hardest thing to do, like indianballer mentioned, is trying to get your mind off of cycling/supplements and lifting. but this being said, as long as you dont have some self discipline issues it really should not be THAT hard! I worked through a kind of reward system. I told myself after classes for the day that if I studied and did homework for 2 hours or so, I could then go to the gym. simple reward systems work great IMO.

EArch

Awards
  • Established
Nice, thanks for all the feed back! More research to be done but feeling good.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think Protomax is a great first compound. The gains are probably not quite as significant as halo, but the liver and lipid impact are definitely less as well.

indianballer

indianballer

Awards
  • Established
I think Protomax is a great first compound. The gains are probably not quite as significant as halo, but the liver and lipid impact are definitely less as well.
good info. definately noted. thanks.

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
I've run cycles and gone into PCT during school, it's not gonna send you on an emotional roller coaster to the point where your school work suffers. The only problem I came across was I was constantly trying to get on the forums and get all the information possible and was thinking about my workout that day when I should have been focusing on school, but I don't think you should cut your cycle short because of going back to school. Just my oppinion.
This sounds soooo familiar! I get so focused on researching stuff, it gets hard to study.

IamIke

Awards
Pmag>proto. In my opinion and experience, the increase of sides of pmag over proto are well worth it for the better results.