coming off T3

rombusempire

Awards
I have decided to come off T3. I was on 50mcg qd

While coming off, is it a good idea to add something liek albuterol in an attempt to stave off fat gains?

During tapering off cytomel...shoudl I be aiming to bulk, still cutting, or?

With regards to speed of thyroid recovery, will tapering off slow it down? For instance, let;'s say if I stopped cold turkey and it takes my body 8 weeks to fully recover. Now, instead, if I spent 6 weeks tapering off (with the last week having 12.5mcg qd) would I only have 2 weeks left before full recovery, or would I need to wait an additional 8 weeks for full recovery, making teh full recovery process 14 weeks instead?

Any personal experience would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm Unreal would be good at answering your question better than me, but as far as i know you just need to taper off of T3. And obviously you were on T3 for cutting i assume?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know about the tapering issue in terms of when your thyroid production goes back to normal, but what I had read on the issue was that you do add in an OTC fat-burner afterward to help keep as much fat off as possible, though you'll likely gain some back.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
i dont know why everyone is so scared of rebound off of t3. if you cut your sodium intake and keep your carb load very low, (basically your diet on point) you shouldn't have any problems. your thyroid is very resilient and if youve been at 12.5 for a couple weeks now then i think its safe to say come off, just keep protein high and everything else low. drink lots of water and keep SODIUM to a minimum. unless you have thyroid problems, you should bounce back. rebound occurs when your cals are too high when you come off, cut carbs down as well as fat and gradually add them back in

jmo

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read somewhwere that even after years of thyroid meds most people's thyroid bounces right back within a couple of weeks of discontinuing the meds..don't quote me on this though..

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
I have decided to come off T3. I was on 50mcg qd

While coming off, is it a good idea to add something liek albuterol in an attempt to stave off fat gains?

During tapering off cytomel...shoudl I be aiming to bulk, still cutting, or?

With regards to speed of thyroid recovery, will tapering off slow it down? For instance, let;'s say if I stopped cold turkey and it takes my body 8 weeks to fully recover. Now, instead, if I spent 6 weeks tapering off (with the last week having 12.5mcg qd) would I only have 2 weeks left before full recovery, or would I need to wait an additional 8 weeks for full recovery, making teh full recovery process 14 weeks instead?

Any personal experience would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
tapering makes no sens.e, don't do it. Your t3 levels will return to normal in roughly a week. Just increase your calories very slowly, about 200 per week. This is what you should be doing anyway coming off a cut.

Hope that helps.