Anyone thought about using ostarine on a cut?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even though it doesn't seem to possess the more or less direct fat loss effect of S-4/andarine, the fact that is is more anabolic and less androgenic (as well as less suppressive) would seem to make it a nice choice for a cut to retain lean mass.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what is this? I would look it up, but I think it'd be better for you to share it with all of us! :D

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nm I couldn't wait for you. I had to look it up. didn't know s4 had a brand name.....

"Ostarine
((2R)-3-(4-cyanophenoxy)-N-[4-cyano-3-(trifluoromethyl)phenyl]-2-hydroxy-2-methylpropanamide)
(also known as MK-2866) is an investigational selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) from GTx Inx, for treatment of conditions such as muscle wasting and osteoporosis, formerly under development by Merck & Company.[1]
--------------
According to a recent paper authored by GTx, "Readers are cautioned to note that the name Ostarine is often mistakenly linked to the chemical structure of [S-4], which is also known as andarine
----------------
Ostarine differs from Andarine by cyano substitutions on the phenyl rings as it replaces both the nitro and acetamido moieties.
-------------------
I've thought about it, and s1 too, but I dont know if it's worth it?????

sheet, if I can even find it. it has to be some where. (im not asking anyone btw, I can find it myself)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can find it, and whats nice is although its $$$ the dosing is low. I heard it was available as 15 ml of 50mg/ml at under $100. Figuring the clinical trials used 3-6mg a day, even a bodybuilding grade dose of 12.5mg/day gives you 2 months at that price.

Its less suppressive of HTPA, and almost entirely anabolic with negligible androgenic properties. I know most people go for the androgenic substances on cuts as they tend to create more lipolysis. But I've never been an ego lifter, and could care less what my bench press is so long as my size is good :D I'd rather look like I can bench 350 and curl 130 but only be able to do 200 + 90, than look like I can only bench 200 and curl 90 but be able to do 350 + 130 :D

From what I can tell, Ostarine basically passed initial clinical trials, where due to the vision side effects Andarine wasn't deemed worthwhile to continue to pursue as a pharmaceutical.

Russianstar did a short log on it, he seemed to get reasonable mass gains with no fat loss or noticeable strength gains while at an unchanged maintenance diet.

natiels

natiels

Board Supporter
Awards
I think it would probably have benefits on a cut. The clinical trials demonstrated gains in lbm and fat loss.
For subjects receiving the 3 mg ostarine dose, total fat on average declined 0.6 kg compared to placebo. The site of fat loss differed among male and female subjects, with males losing fat primarily from the trunk and abdomen, and females losing fat primarily from the thighs and legs.
Ostarine improves insulin management in the body which would also be a positive while on a cut.
In the three month Phase II clinical trial in which patients with diabetes or obesity (BMI>30) were excluded, subjects treated with Ostarine 3 mg (n=23) had on average an 11% decline in fasting blood glucose (p<0.001), a 17.6% reduction in insulin levels (p=0.043), and a 26.8% reduction in insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) (p=0.037), when compared to their baseline measurements. Improvements in insulin resistance were more apparent among a small subset of prediabetic (fasting blood glucose of 100 - 125 mg/dL) patients (n=5) treated with Ostarine 3 mg in whom the mean fasting blood glucose declined by 17.4%, insulin levels reduced by 29.4%, and insulin resistance decreased by 41.3%.
http://www.internationalbiotrust.com/press_releases/new/8_Dec_06_2.pdf

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/GTx+Announces+Ostarine(TM)+Improved+Insulin+Resistance+among+Elderly...-a0162156943

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds about perfect, if you can actually get real Ostarine/MK-2866. Thats of course always the question, whether the research chem company is selling something else as it.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to be running this in the spring. There is a very cheap legit source now, prices may come down further. I'll run bilberry/Lutein/antioxidants just in case, but with ECA and alpha T2 (and maybe some cortisol blocker) I think it's a winner @ 8-10mg ED.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
def something worth me looking into and researching.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting stuff Easy... you got anything else in your bag of tricks for bulking instead of cutting like this?

junkyarddogzz

junkyarddogzz

Awards
  • Established
I have a bottle on my desk as we speak. 30ml 100mgs per ml.

And yes, it work great in a cutter. S4 would work better IMO.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Id be interested to try this but dont have my hands on a bottle. The only thing for me is I like to actually still be able to lift a sh1t ton of weight. Now I dont mind looking strong but I want some power behind it too.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting stuff Easy... you got anything else in your bag of tricks for bulking instead of cutting like this?
For bulking, I have to admit that I am still a fan of ALRI's Building the Perfect Beast Chemical Muscle Enhancement protocols. They seem almost totally insane, but are effective and fast.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Id be interested to try this but dont have my hands on a bottle. The only thing for me is I like to actually still be able to lift a sh1t ton of weight. Now I dont mind looking strong but I want some power behind it too.
well, its sort of a chicken + egg thing. Adding the mass gives you more or larger muscle fibers, so added strength can be trained into them once they are in place. Where the more highly androgenic stuff you build in more strength at first, which allows you to contine to gain size over time. The two are definitely related, if not directly.

Me i'm too old, with joint issues and some amount even of tendon issues, to really want big strength.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well, its sort of a chicken + egg thing. Adding the mass gives you more or larger muscle fibers, so added strength can be trained into them once they are in place. Where the more highly androgenic stuff you build in more strength at first, which allows you to contine to gain size over time. The two are definitely related, if not directly.

Me i'm too old, with joint issues and some amount even of tendon issues, to really want big strength.
Hmm that is a good way of looking at it. I guess I will look more into these SARMs. Trying figure out what direction I want to take my training. One thing I do know is I dont need to get too much bigger.

Ya Im too young and dumb to know better. I mean just look at my avatar :eek5:

kvothe

Awards
You can find it, and whats nice is although its $$$ the dosing is low. I heard it was available as 15 ml of 50mg/ml at under $100. Figuring the clinical trials used 3-6mg a day, even a bodybuilding grade dose of 12.5mg/day gives you 2 months at that price.

Its less suppressive of HTPA, and almost entirely anabolic with negligible androgenic properties. I know most people go for the androgenic substances on cuts as they tend to create more lipolysis. But I've never been an ego lifter, and could care less what my bench press is so long as my size is good :D I'd rather look like I can bench 350 and curl 130 but only be able to do 200 + 90, than look like I can only bench 200 and curl 90 but be able to do 350 + 130 :D

From what I can tell, Ostarine basically passed initial clinical trials, where due to the vision side effects Andarine wasn't deemed worthwhile to continue to pursue as a pharmaceutical.

Russianstar did a short log on it, he seemed to get reasonable mass gains with no fat loss or noticeable strength gains while at an unchanged maintenance diet.

I love the bolded part, that is the way that I think as well! It appears that dosages of at least 10-15 mgs and possible ideal dose of 25mgs per day based on some of the feedback, although it is not much feedback right now. Still at 25 mgs per day, fairly good deal. Will be running in about a month myself.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im just going from what another said because he is a hell of a lot smarter than me on the subject. But he says that S1 would be better for bulking where S4 would be the better one for cutting.

Looks like I will look into S4 some more lol.

junkyarddogzz

junkyarddogzz

Awards
  • Established
s4 will also be better for cutting and raw strength gains.